• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The lesser of evils?

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Note my title phrasing: Not "the lesser of two evils", but rather the "lesser of evils", as in all-inclusive.

This thread is primarily for those who intend to vote third-party for President. Just curious, but are you voting for your third-party candidate because you truly believe they are as close to the perfect candidate as possible (no one is absolutely perfect, we won't be absurd), or are you voting for them because they are significantly "less evil" than the two main party candidates?

Note my title phrasing: Not "the lesser of two evils", but rather the "lesser of evils", as in all-inclusive.

This thread is primarily for those who intend to vote third-party for President. Just curious, but are you voting for your third-party candidate because you truly believe they are as close to the perfect candidate as possible (no one is absolutely perfect, we won't be absurd), or are you voting for them because they are significantly "less evil" than the two main party candidates?

Significantly less evil. Hillary is a criminal with all the power she can get her hands on. Trump is not a criminal, but he's also the exact same as Hillary when it comes to power (add stupidity). This is the worst election in American history. I'm voting 3rd party because I truly want nothing to do with it.

I genuinely think that Gary Johnson is an excellent candidate. I would have voted for him even if this year's election hadn't turned out to be this dreadful.

I am voting for Gary Johnson for two reasons. One is that I agree with the Libertarian platform of individual liberty, non-intervention and a free market economy and the other is that he's a significantly better HUMAN BEING than either Trump of Clinton. There are a host of other, smaller reasons (executive experience for example), but those are the top two.

I'll likely be voting for Dr Stein because her politics most closely resemble mine of the candidates running. The only issue I completely disagree with her on is gun control but I don't believe the system will allow her to enact her agenda on that front so I am not worried about that one issue. I may change my mind tomorrow.

Even when I disagree with them I genuinely believe Stein and Johnson have the best interests of the People at heart, which is why I don't view either of them as a "lesser evil". I can't say the same for Trump or Clinton.

Back
Top Bottom