• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The lesbian kiss at Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade

Well, we are talking about the Navy here, where men are men, and men are women too. :mrgreen:

"The only traditions of the Royal Navy are rum, sodomy and the lash!"
-Winston Churchill-

(also a pretty decent Pogues album)

Reckon you're grasping at straws????

Showing gay people being just like us isn't an 'agenda'. I reckon those who think so have the agenda... :peace

That whole skit was agenda driven. Read the story line.

I have a problem with anyone showing overt passion in public. Including myself.

This...

The Prom tells the story of Emma, a high school student who wants to bring her girlfriend Alyssa to their prom. However, their conservative Indiana high school refuses to give them permission. Two Broadway actors then rally to the girls’ cause. The final number is an empowering group piece, and it features the two girls holding hands, slow dancing together, and kissing.

was nothing but the politics of gay indoctrination.

"Gay indoctrination"....good grief, listen to yourself. :roll: Ever think that it was a positive message directed at folks still afraid to be themselves (though I can't understand why, given the supportive attitude of people like yourself)? That perhaps it wasn't done with you in mind at all? I mean, I know, it's a heavy duty system shock, when you finally come up against the hard realization that everything isn't all about you, but I'm sure you can shoulder the burden, as these folks have been doing so forever.

"Gay indoctrination"....good grief, listen to yourself. :roll: Ever think that it was a positive message directed at folks still afraid to be themselves (though I can't understand why, given the supportive attitude of people like yourself)? That perhaps it wasn't done with you in mind at all? I mean, I know, it's a heavy duty system shock, when you finally come up against the hard realization that everything isn't all about you, but I'm sure you can shoulder the burden, as these folks have been doing so forever.

I love it when bigots get triggered over progress. It's always amusing.

That whole skit was agenda driven. Read the story line.

So a skit showing 'Mommy Kissing Santa Claus Under the Christmas Tree' like the song we all know by heart is a skit pushing an adultery agenda???? :confused:

Sometimes the sexual bigotry needs to be recognized... :2wave:

Your turn... :peace

Meh...sometimes. Mostly it's just exhausting, though.

Oh, it's fun for me. Because it's just the same stupid arguments regurgitated over and over again. All get shot down just as easily. It's because they'e on the wrong side of history, just like the racists were in the 60's. Their train of thought is dying out by the day.

And you know what's funny? That story actually happened in real life! It was some place in Mississippi IIRC, where this school board cancelled prom because there was this girl that wanted to take her girlfriend. And she took them to court and won, so that was good.

Oh, it's fun for me. Because it's just the same stupid arguments regurgitated over and over again. All get shot down just as easily. It's because they'e on the wrong side of history, just like the racists were in the 60's. Their train of thought is dying out by the day.

And you know what's funny? That story actually happened in real life! It was some place in Mississippi IIRC, where this school board cancelled prom because there was this girl that wanted to take her girlfriend. And she took them to court and won, so that was good.

Well good...I guess that means we're getting somewhere. Gotta remember, I've been hearing these mind numbing arguments and accusations a lot longer than you. The fact that people are still saying the same nonsense is kinda like being a DJ in the 90's (I was) and hearing the Macarena now. Except that it hurts real people. Hopefully less and less...

Cool story about the Mississippi girls. Except for the part where they had to go to court simply to go to prom together. hehe...maybe I'm a glass half empty kinda guy.

Well good...I guess that means we're getting somewhere. Gotta remember, I've been hearing these mind numbing arguments and accusations a lot longer than you. The fact that people are still saying the same nonsense is kinda like being a DJ in the 90's (I was) and hearing the Macarena now. Except that it hurts real people. Hopefully less and less...

It's hurting less and less people here in the US (and developed world). The anti-gay bloc has been losing a ton of ground. And with the legalization of gay marriage, that pretty much sealed the deal. Other countries however, like in Africa, white evangelicals have brought their influence over there and caused anti-gay laws to be passed in those countries.

Cool story about the Mississippi girls. Except for the part where they had to go to court simply to go to prom together. hehe...maybe I'm a glass half empty kinda guy.

Here's the incident in question if you wanna read up about it. It happened waaayy back in 2010, but I think it's still relevant to talk about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Itawamba_County_School_District_prom_controversy

Last edited:
So a skit showing 'Mommy Kissing Santa Claus Under the Christmas Tree' like the song we all know by heart is a skit pushing an adultery agenda???? :confused:

Sometimes the sexual bigotry needs to be recognized... :2wave:

Your turn... :peace

Sexual bigotry? No agenda behind that phrase.

Normal mommy would be kissing her normal husband in that scenario.

It's hurting less and less people here in the US (and developed world). The anti-gay bloc has been losing a ton of ground. And with the legalization of gay marriage, that pretty much sealed the deal. Other countries however, like in Africa, white evangelicals have brought their influence over there and caused anti-gay laws to be passed in those countries.

Here's the incident in question if you wanna read up about it. It happened waaayy back in 2010, but I think it's still relevant to talk about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Itawamba_County_School_District_prom_controversy

I remember this going down...they were very brave, in what was clearly a very ****ty place.

"Normal" is a relative term. Things change because people and societies change. In this particular case, it's about same sex couples expressing affection publicly without it being part of some "agenda"; sometimes kissing someone doesn't have an agenda other than expressing affection.

With all the legitimate issues out there, THIS is Trumpsters have been freaking out over, and is exemplified by the following tweet by a so-called family values organization:

"Millions of small children just watched two girls kiss and had their innocence broken this morning. @nbc and @Macys just blindsided parents who expected this to be a family program, so they could push their agenda on little kids. #macysthanksgivingdayparade #MacysDayParade"

Trump supporters questioning the moral values of other people? Hah!! My wife directed me to the perfect Twitter comeback..... Kaboom!!

"Uh, have parents been quarantining their children in hermetically sealed bomb shelters the past 22 months, because I’m pretty sure that’s how long Donald Trump has been president. If their innocence hasn’t been broken by now, you’d pretty much have to turn Nickelodeon into a 24/7 Tijuana donkey show channel to make that happen."

And Trump IS a Tijuana donkey show all by himself, and people who claim to be evangelicals (but are really not - The Bible actually has some pretty nasty things to say about them) support him. Biblically speaking, they have already sold their souls, and dare to question the morals of others?

And now to address the lesbians who kissed on national TV - Being a straight guy, I will probably never understand why some people are gay, but as someone who supports the Constitution, I wish both of you a wonderful life together, if that is where that kiss is heading. God bless both of you.

And as for the LGBT thing, I am giving that a try. I got the lettuce, bacon, and tomato, but I can't for the life of me understand what the G is. Gorgonzola? Nah, not a great match. In fact, any kind of cheese on a BLT ruins the whole concept. So, to everyone in the LGBT community, please help me out. I'm hungry as hell, and can't finish making the damn sandwich. What the hell is the ****ing G?

Grey Poupon or gaucamole would be ok probably.

2 adults kissing is traumatic for kids? I saw millions of adults kiss at some points - even my parents. Maybe that is what is wrong with the world and has been since the beginning of time. Adults kissing and it took Trump to figure it out.

Define normal. Nobody is normal.

It's not just gays and lesbians that these so-called 'family values' people hate: it's love in general: Love between men, between women, between people of color or of different colors; love of foreigners, hispanics, refugees, Muslims, African Americans. Love of country over some imaginary being; love of thy neighbor instead of just themselves.

Because they hate.

They hate 'the other', they hate gays, refugees, Muslims, blacks, China, 'libtards', and people who don't believe in their magic sky genie from the ancient book of near-eastern fairy tales. They hate a freshman congresswoman from the Bronx FFS just because she is young, better looking than 'their' politicians and has some modern ideas (duh, she's a millennial). They cannot stand people who speak of love and they hate to see the expression of it. Because love reminds them they have cold black souls and care for nobody outside their own circle.

Screw it if they saw two girls kissing. And to hell with what they think their poor kids were 'exposed to'. They - and their snotty brats - all need to chill out or harden up.

With all the legitimate issues out there, THIS is Trumpsters have been freaking out over, and is exemplified by the following tweet by a so-called family values organization:

"Millions of small children just watched two girls kiss and had their innocence broken this morning. @nbc and @Macys just blindsided parents who expected this to be a family program, so they could push their agenda on little kids. #macysthanksgivingdayparade #MacysDayParade"

I'm astounded that leftists constantly complain about discrimination when they are in total control of the media and as such dictate what is permissible in society.

I love how all the whiners who complain about gay couples default to, "I thought this was a family show!"

They assume that gay couples are not family friendly. I've seen many families headed by gay couples. They seem quite normal to me.

Maybe the bigots feel this way because they assume that gay people do nothing but have sex all the time.

Conservatives need to stop sponsoring anything supported by big business. How much more evidence do they need that the business world hates traditional values?

Trump supporters questioning the moral values of other people? Hah!! My wife directed me to the perfect Twitter comeback..... Kaboom!!

"Uh, have parents been quarantining their children in hermetically sealed bomb shelters the past 22 months, because I’m pretty sure that’s how long Donald Trump has been president. If their innocence hasn’t been broken by now, you’d pretty much have to turn Nickelodeon into a 24/7 Tijuana donkey show channel to make that happen."

And Trump IS a Tijuana donkey show all by himself, and people who claim to be evangelicals (but are really not - The Bible actually has some pretty nasty things to say about them) support him. Biblically speaking, they have already sold their souls, and dare to question the morals of others?

And now to address the lesbians who kissed on national TV - Being a straight guy, I will probably never understand why some people are gay, but as someone who supports the Constitution, I wish both of you a wonderful life together, if that is where that kiss is heading. God bless both of you.

And as for the LGBT thing, I am giving that a try. I got the lettuce, bacon, and tomato, but I can't for the life of me understand what the G is. Gorgonzola? Nah, not a great match. In fact, any kind of cheese on a BLT ruins the whole concept. So, to everyone in the LGBT community, please help me out. I'm hungry as hell, and can't finish making the damn sandwich. What the hell is the ****ing G?

I look forward to the reaction when you find about the "Q."

Define normal. Nobody is normal.

True. However, "norms" generally come about from the statistical dominance of this or that cultural or biological practice. While tolerance of the non-dominant should be an ideal, it's another thing when ideologues try to rewrite culture to suit their ends, as with, say, "theybies."

Conservatives need to stop sponsoring anything supported by big business. How much more evidence do they need that the business world hates traditional values?

:lol:

Right. Like how you were going to boycott Starbucks? That worked out like gangbusters.

Or maybe the boycott against Target? Nordstrom? Nike? The NFL?

Yeah, y'all keep it up. Seems to be working out well for you.

:lol:

Right. Like how you were going to boycott Starbucks? That worked out like gangbusters.

Or maybe the boycott against Target? Nordstrom? Nike? The NFL?

Yeah, y'all keep it up. Seems to be working out well for you.
Salena "I overheard at a gas station" Zito pondered what would happen if conservatives stopped using Twitter.

The conservative ego knows no limits.

Back
Top Bottom