• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The legal reckoning awaiting Donald Trump if he loses the election

uptower

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

No wonder he said he'd leave the country if he loses. He'll have to go somewhere that won't extradite. Hope he likes the weather in Moscow.
I don't think Putin will welcome him if he loses. Besides, he's getting too old for the Russian climate. The Bahamas are closer and he's probably got money stashed there anyway.

No wonder he said he'd leave the country if he loses. He'll have to go somewhere that won't extradite. Hope he likes the weather in Moscow.
It's pretty silly, actually. The motivation for all of this disappears when he's out of office, and these threats will evaporate.

It's pretty silly, actually. The motivation for all of this disappears when he's out of office, and these threats will evaporate.

It isn’t silly. And the motivations don’t disappear.

They are real crimes. Crimes committed on office, and crimes committed in business.

Whether they will be prosecuted or not remains to be seen.

But there isn’t a lack of motivation.

Not the tax fraud. NY will want it's money. So will Mary Trump. I don't think the women will let up either.

I really had hoped the "lock her up" stuff would have died out by now. Guess it'll be another few years.

It isn’t silly. And the motivations don’t disappear.

They are real crimes. Crimes committed on office, and crimes committed in business.

Whether they will be prosecuted or not remains to be seen.

But there isn’t a lack of motivation.
Really? What are the crimes?

I really had hoped the "lock her up" stuff would have died out by now. Guess it'll be another few years.

I don’t think we’ll misgender Trump like that but it will be refreshing to watch a criminal get what’s coming to him.

Not the tax fraud. NY will want it's money. So will Mary Trump. I don't think the women will let up either.

Yes, that will evaporate too. The accountants will pour over records and argue, and eventually settle on a negotiated amount with a penalty. No one is going to jail.

Not sure what Mary Trump or "the women" have to do with 'criminal charges', but those civil cases will also fade away. Once he's no longer president, they have no leverage.

Yes, that will evaporate too. The accountants will pour over records and argue, and eventually settle on a negotiated amount with a penalty. No one is going to jail.

Not sure what Mary Trump or "the women" have to do with 'criminal charges', but those civil cases will also fade away. Once he's no longer president, they have no leverage.
Were you only referring to criminal charges? You should have said so. I never said Trump would go to jail. He's too rich for that. He'll just have to pay up. Hopefully, he'll have to pay up in the civil cases too.

he believes himself as do many of his deranged followers to be the gift from god .... the last so called gift from god was nailed to a wooden cross .... surely he would follow in the footsteps of the previous christian messiah and maybe they should also set him on fire via flame thrower to ensure he doesn't arise on easter ;)

in all seriousness he will most likely end up in Israel where he would be very welcome

Actually I don't think we'll see a well-deserved reckoning from the Biden DOJ. But the DAs who have got their eye on financial crimes in places like NYC are not likely to let a corrupt businessman off the hook just because he can do no harm as president anymore. The presidency is shielding him from necessary prosecution as a private citizen, quite apart from all the shenanigans and self-dealing he's committed in office.

Were you only referring to criminal charges? You should have said so. I never said Trump would go to jail. He's too rich for that. He'll just have to pay up. Hopefully, he'll have to pay up in the civil cases too.

IF the tax returns obtained by the NYT are accurate, then he's 800+ million in debt. He might not have the money to pay the tax bills.

I don't think Putin will welcome him if he loses. Besides, he's getting too old for the Russian climate. The Bahamas are closer and he's probably got money stashed there anyway.

Naw, too many black people for Trump's liking.

i just want to know who OUR president is MASSIVELY in debt to.

That issue is not important. The important question is: "WILL BIDEN PACK THE COURT?!" ;)

So, is it your position that, assuming that there is a case to be made where there is a reasonable likelihood of conviction, Mr. Trump should NOT be indicted (and, if indicted, tried [and, if convicted at trial, sentenced {and, if given a sentence that includes a term of incarceration, sent to jail <and, if the crime for which he was convicted constitutes a felony, have his right to vote in American national elections terminated>}]}?

If so, why?

he believes himself as do many of his deranged followers to be the gift from god .... the last so called gift from god was nailed to a wooden cross .... surely he would follow in the footsteps of the previous christian messiah and maybe they should also set him on fire via flame thrower to ensure he doesn't arise on easter ;)

in all seriousness he will most likely end up in Israel where he would be very welcome

Not unless he brings lots of money.

PS - I have it directly from Winston Smith (the Acting [by Presidential Decree] Director of The Federal Legal And Civil Knowledge Bureau which publishes The Current Response And Position Bulletin that **T*H*E** **T*R*U*T*H** is that Sleepy Joe is going to appoint 6,789 homosexual, transgender, black, Muslim, feminist, communitst to the US Supreme Court if he is elected so everyone had better make sure that they don't vote for him.

Not unless he brings lots of money.

PS - I have it directly from Winston Smith (the Acting [by Presidential Decree] Director of The Federal Legal And Civil Knowledge Bureau which publishes The Current Response And Position Bulletin that **T*H*E** **T*R*U*T*H** is that Sleepy Joe is going to appoint 6,789 homosexual, transgender, black, Muslim, feminist, communitst to the US Supreme Court if he is elected so everyone had better make sure that they don't vote for him.
he would have to sell all of his assets they are worth billions ... and then their is uproar in Scotland that he wants to open his 3rd golf course in Scotland .... being honest i can't see it being approved

Back
Top Bottom