• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Left's Betrayal of Liberalism In the Name of Islam

Not true at all. Criticize Islam and the "but what about Christians?" deflection is inevitable. I never see that automatic deflection with any other religion. Islam has far more self appointed defenders than any other religion here (IMO).
Posts this....in a thread.....where the op....compares the 2 religions.

FFS.

Because you've got the psycho "kill every last pig, dog and villager and nuke Saudi Arabia into molten glass while interning every single Muslim in Amercia in detainment camps and blocking all Muslim immigrantion" Waffen SS wannabes.

That's ****ed up **** right there, and you only hear people talking about doing it to Muslims.

Some of that exists, true, but the deflections are inevitable whether that's been introduced into a thread or not. It's happened here. You've done it yourself.

Oh and "interning" all the Muslims, eh? I guess that could be bad depending on who they're sent to work for. (I know your wording is correct, it just sounded funny).

Last edited:
That sounds very similar to what the Muslims burning american flags are chanting. Just replace Saudi Arabia with America and Christian for Muslim.

So that means it ok to do it. Because Abdul the random Schmoe in Saudi Arabia doesn't like America we should kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out, right?

:roll:

Some of that exists, true, but the deflections are inevitable whether that's been introduced into a thread or not. It's happened here. You've done it yourself.

Oh and "interning" all the Muslims, eh? I guess that could be bad depending on who they're sent to work for.

The point is, not only is all that crap playing directly into the jihadis' hands, it's unconstitutional.

Again, ignores that the OP set up the comparison.

Oh and "interning" all the Muslims, eh? I guess that could be bad depending on who they're sent to work for.
Oh, it "could' be bad....depending who they work for....never mind the fact that it violates all sorts of Constitutional protections.

Good grief.

Posts this....in a thread.....where the op....compares the 2 religions.

FFS.

No he didn't. He compared the reaction to the two religions and it's a valid point.

No he didn't. He compared the reaction to the two religions and it's a valid point.
No, he compared the ACTIONS allowed, tolerated, by the 2 religions:

In my opinion, the Left's blind spot for Islamic behaviors which would never be tolerated were they Christian

That is a comparison of how 2 religions operate, what ACTIONS, "behaviors" each will allow.

It is a comparison of how "good" either is, again, yer blind to what the op has done.....while you complain that this should not be done.

The point is, not only is all that crap playing directly into the jihadis' hands, it's unconstitutional.

It's good and right to counter and challenge things like what you describe when you encounter it, but the point is that you will interject the deflection whether or not someone has gone there or not.

It's good and right to counter and challenge things like what you describe when you encounter it, but the point is that you will interject the deflection whether or not someone has gone there or not.
The op went "there"....right from the start.

No, he compared the ACTIONS allowed, tolerated, by the 2 religions:

In my opinion, the Left's blind spot for Islamic behaviors which would never be tolerated were they Christian

That is a comparison of how 2 religions operate, what ACTIONS, "behaviors" each will allow.

No, it's about what the left will tolerate and from whom. You can disagree with his point but I know you're sharp enough to understand his sentence.

I'm just pointing out that "Guys, OMG. Islam is, like, sooooo evul" crap doesn't help the situation any.

It's one thing to criticize a religion. You have the First Amendment right to do so. But blanket labeling thousands of people as evil isn't particularly smart.

Then you have the crazy folks, like I've described.

The jihadis' propaganda talks about how the West hates Muslims and wants to destroy them. I'm just trying to point out that there's a difference between valid criticism and what some people do.

The op went "there"....right from the start.

So far I've been attributing your argument to misunderstanding, now I'm starting to question if you really mean your username.

No, it's about what the left will tolerate and from whom. You can disagree with his point but I know you're sharp enough to understand his sentence.
I cannot believe how dense, how blind, how unopen your argument is to reason, how it cannot see that the op IS comparing how the 2 religions operate as a the premise for how it is viewed by "libruls". The premise is that Islam tolerates violence, violence not tolerated in Christianity ( a false premise)....and then complains that libruls are blind to the violence. There is an explicit comparison of the 2 religions in the op. open your eyes. good grief.

The title and article speak for themselves. In my opinion, the Left's blind spot for Islamic behaviors which would never be tolerated were they Christian is a black eye on Liberal ideology. In this instance, the Right has a better grip on reality than the Leftists.

There was a time not too long ago when liberals were the ones who stood up for human rights around the world. That seems to not happen today and certainly not with Islam. Not sure what the reason is since I am not a liberal. But a good portion of it seems rooted in cowardice: calling out the evils of Islam means one would actually have to confront those evils. Pandering to them and appeasing them is far easier.

So far I've been attributing your argument to misunderstanding, now I'm starting to question if you really mean your username.
The only one of us incapable of understanding what is contained in the op....is you. Yer completely blind to the argument made in the op.....even after I show that the op explicitly sets up a comparison of Islam to Christianity.

Islamic behaviors which would never be tolerated were they Christian

I cannot believe how dense, how blind, how unopen your argument is to reason, how it cannot see that the op IS comparing how the 2 religions operate as a the premise for how it is viewed by "libruls". The premise is that Islam tolerates violence, violence not tolerated in Christianity ( a false premise)....and then complains that libruls are blind to the violence. There is an explicit comparison of the 2 religions in the op. open your eyes. good grief.

Wow, you sure saw a lot more than I did. Here's the OP in its entirety. Bold those parts that do what you say.

The title and article speak for themselves. In my opinion, the Left's blind spot for Islamic behaviors which would never be tolerated were they Christian is a black eye on Liberal ideology. In this instance, the Right has a better grip on reality than the Leftists.

Are you seriously denying that the "but Christians" deflection is inevitable if a thread is in any way critical of Islam?

There was a time not too long ago when liberals were the ones who stood up for human rights around the world. That seems to not happen today and certainly not with Islam. Not sure what the reason is since I am not a liberal. But a good portion of it seems rooted in cowardice: calling out the evils of Islam means one would actually have to confront those evils. Pandering to them and appeasing them is far easier.

It's also commonality of methods: toe the line or you be one sorry f***.

No I'm only pointing out that you're confirming the premise of the thread. You people only get riled up when others are negative on Islam and silent when Islam is negative on ..... well just about everything.

So that means it ok to do it. Because Abdul the random Schmoe in Saudi Arabia doesn't like America we should kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out, right?

:roll:

Weird coming from me, but I have to say: There are two different kinds of the Left: those driven by genuine compassion and (misguided) sense of justice, and those seeking to satisfy their authoritarian mob instincts. The latter are not blind to the practices of certain Islamic groups - just like some decades go they were not blind to the "excesses" of Communists. They like it. That's what they want to be, deep own. Just like their counterpart on the Right - just as incompatible with actual conservatives and libertarians.

No I'm only pointing out that you're confirming the premise of the thread. You people only get riled up when others are negative on Islam and silent when Islam is negative on ..... well just about everything.

"You people"

And who exactly is "you people"?

I don't approve of Islamic terrorism--- but I also don't approve of fear mongering, nativist, stupidity.

Wow, you sure saw a lot more than I did.
That is a given.
Here's the OP in its entirety. Bold those parts that do what you say. Are you seriously denying that the "but Christians" deflection is inevitable if a thread is in any way critical of Islam?
How a person views the actions of 2 different religious followers inherently has set up a comparison of the 2 religions. Further, the op in subsequent postings fully fleshes out the comparison:

they totally ignore the fact that the Islamic culture is immensely more patriarchal and oppressive than anything we have here at home.

The only one of us incapable of understanding what is contained in the op....is you. Yer completely blind to the argument made in the op.....even after I show that the op explicitly sets up a comparison of Islam to Christianity.

Islamic behaviors which would never be tolerated were they Christian

No matter what big and bold font you use, you should question you're own point if you have to delete a good part of the quote in order to avoid the full context.

This is futile, I can tell. Off to do other things.

No matter what big and bold font you use, you should question you're own point if you have to delete a good part of the quote in order to avoid the full context.

This is futile, I can tell. Off to do other things.
If what I quote is part of the full context......then it is part of the context....hurr....... durr.

It's one thing to criticize a religion. You have the First Amendment right to do so. But blanket labeling thousands of people as evil isn't particularly smart.

When the struggle is existential, blanket labeling and carpet bombing are legitimate tools of survival. The U.S. never made any effort to separate good Germans from the bad ones and that is why the U.S. won.

Soon, Western Europe will drown in Muslims and make every effort to drag Hungary and Poland with it. This time, as opposed to 1941, the U.S. will not come to rescue, because the country is rapidly being brainwashed by the Imams and the left lunatics about the benign nature of the Islamic tsunami.

Back
Top Bottom