• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The left now apparently believes looting is good

Author Vicky Osterweil Talks 'In Defense of Looting' After Kenosha Uprising : Code Switch : NPR

This is the philosophy people like AOC and Bernie believe in.
No wonder liberals permit riots and looting

And "the right" are a bunch of racists. Here, I'll quote one person who's a racist, and is on 'the right,' and so that means all of "the right" are racists!

Q.E.D.

FWIW, I read a little of that article, and IMO the author is an idiot and her ideas total bull****. But if you want to attribute her views to anyone else, guilt by vague association isn't going to get you there, unless you want and agree to be judged by the opinions of every idiot on 'the right' and their opinions attributed to you because you're also on 'the right.' I assume you only take responsibility for your own opinions. You should assume the same for the rest of us, including Bernie and AOC.

Last edited:
And "the right" are a bunch of racists. Here, I'll quote one person who's a racist, and is on 'the right,' and so that means all of "the right" are racists!

Q.E.D.

FWIW, I read a little of that article, and IMO the author is an idiot and her ideas total bull****. But if you want to attribute her views to anyone else, guilt by vague association isn't going to get you there, unless you want and agree to be judged by the opinions of every idiot on 'the right' and their opinions attributed to you because you're also on 'the right.' I assume you only take responsibility for your own opinions. You should assume the same for the rest of us, including Bernie and AOC.

Yeah except AOC actually said looting was about getting bread for starving children. And the leftists seem to be in no hurry to protect property. They openly say if you oppose looting it’s because you value property over black lives

This OP is typical of many which appear to be from both the 'right' and the 'left'. In them, statements by a single person, sometimes taken out of context, as ascribed to an entire group. They're obvious attempts at a bit of logical sleight of hand. Fortunately for those with a bit of caution, it's easy to seen which shell covers the pea.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Last edited:
For Ms. Osterweil's sake, let's hope that home looters do not take her at her word!

Sadly, people of her ilk teach secondary school and college courses, where they indoctrinate young people with their nonsensical ideas.

Author Vicky Osterweil Talks 'In Defense of Looting' After Kenosha Uprising : Code Switch : NPR

Here a gem quote from the link:

It attacks the idea of property, and it attacks the idea that in order for someone to have a roof over their head or have a meal ticket, they have to work for a boss

God forbid they have to work for boss, that is unjust according to this dangerous moron.

Here a gem quote from the link:

It attacks the idea of property, and it attacks the idea that in order for someone to have a roof over their head or have a meal ticket, they have to work for a boss

God forbid they have to work for boss, that is unjust according to this dangerous moron.

Everyone works for their own boss, them. When you’re an employee it’s best to think of yourself as a business person. You’re selling you’re talent to a company who is your customer.

Obviously a disatisfied customer can find a different service provider

Yeah except AOC actually said looting was about getting bread for starving children. And the leftists seem to be in no hurry to protect property. They openly say if you oppose looting it’s because you value property over black lives

Similarly, "they" on the right wing are openly racist, anti-Semitic scum. See how that works? All I need is one person saying it (and I can find the quote if you want) and then I can allege you share those views!

That's fair, right? It's the standard you're using here. So now you know - whatever someone arguably on the right says, "their" opinions are now yours!!

I had no idea bread was packaged in TV boxes :lol:

Republican Congressman Todd Akin said "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut the whole thing down". This is obviously the philosophy that Trump and all Republicans believe in. No wonder Republicans endorse and permit rape.

Similarly, "they" on the right wing are openly racist, anti-Semitic scum. See how that works? All I need is one person saying it (and I can find the quote if you want) and then I can allege you share those views!

That's fair, right? It's the standard you're using here. So now you know - whatever someone arguably on the right says, "their" opinions are now yours!!

Except everyone of importance in the Republican Party has denounced anti semitism and racial supremacy.

The prominent leftists all deny Antifa exists and Antifa terrorists who murdered a trump supporter and asssaulted Andy Ngo remain at large, in fact leftists justify these things

YOu do realize that much of the rioting and looting was not done by BLM members but by white Boogaloo members> read some of the police reports. I Madison, WI, it was young white teenagers from local towns that came in to loot and then blame it on the BLm, but they have been caught and are now facing charges.

Except everyone of importance in the Republican Party has denounced anti semitism and racial supremacy.

So what? You started the OP with a discussion of someone I've never heard of and attributed her views to "the left." I'm on the left and rejected her views. No one I've seen has agreed with her views.

The prominent leftists all deny Antifa exists and Antifa terrorists who murdered a trump supporter and asssaulted Andy Ngo remain at large, in fact leftists justify these things

Then quote someone. Who are the "prominent leftists" who ALL deny Antifa even exists? I'm on the left and have never heard anyone deny their existence. It's a matter of the public record they do exist, so you're lying or making crap up. So if you want to condemn someone, quote them so we can see what they said and in what context.

What is frequently the case is right wing liars blame "Antifa" for pretty much everything without evidence that it's actually someone associated with "Antifa" who engaged in what I assume is unprovoked violence. I don't know what cases you're referring to there because there's no context.

Q.E.D.

:lamoDo you have any idea how many times your side has made that very argument here at DP over the last 4 years? It might be the single most common liberal smear made here. And yet you have been silent. Until now. Sorry but your hypocrisy has destroyed your credibility.

YOu do realize that much of the rioting and looting was not done by BLM members but by white Boogaloo members> read some of the police reports. I Madison, WI, it was young white teenagers from local towns that came in to loot and then blame it on the BLm, but they have been caught and are now facing charges.

Do you have a link to that bull****?

:lamoDo you have any idea how many times your side has made that very argument here at DP over the last 4 years? It might be the single most common liberal smear made here. And yet you have been silent. Until now. Sorry but your hypocrisy has destroyed your credibility.

Can you quote anyone? I'm not sure who's 'on my side' or who's made that argument, and don't recall that argument being made, but if you'd like to point me to an actual person with a quote in context, that would move the discussion along nicely.

What I'm pointing out is it's dishonest. If you agree, then I must have missed you calling out the OP for using the argument. That hypocrisy knife cuts both ways, you know.

Republican Congressman Todd Akin said "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut the whole thing down". This is obviously the philosophy that Trump and all Republicans believe in. No wonder Republicans endorse and permit rape.

Whataboutism :roll:

So what? You started the OP with a discussion of someone I've never heard of and attributed her views to "the left." I'm on the left and rejected her views. No one I've seen has agreed with her views.

Then quote someone. Who are the "prominent leftists" who ALL deny Antifa even exists? I'm on the left and have never heard anyone deny their existence. It's a matter of the public record they do exist, so you're lying or making crap up. So if you want to condemn someone, quote them so we can see what they said and in what context.

What is frequently the case is right wing liars blame "Antifa" for pretty much everything without evidence that it's actually someone associated with "Antifa" who engaged in what I assume is unprovoked violence. I don't know what cases you're referring to there because there's no context.

See even now you’re simply gaslighting. I pointed out two examples where left wing governing authorities have not denounced Antifa after cOmmitting political violence, not only no denunciation but no arrests.

You don’t even say that was wrong. Because you don’t believe it’s wrong. They sat in Portland when that man was assasinated and proudly declared they were not sad a “fascist” was killed. Andy Ngo has permanent injuries from his beating. The people who did it have not been arrested

But since you asked, here’s Jerry Nadler calling Antifa violence a myth right here.

Remember this was after 70 days of riots and the beating of Ngo

Jerry Nadler says antifa violence in Portland 'a myth'

In fact not only was it denied but when federal authorities made arrests your side was screaming that secret police and Trump death squads were roaming the streets arresting innocent peaceful protestors

Last edited:

Q.E.D.

The fact that you choose to attack the person vs making a rationed reason argument that agrees with what he said then it continues to prove his point correct.
When you have leftist politicians and other far left liberals donating to these peoples bail and legal funds then yes they do support the looting.

See even now you’re simply gaslighting. I pointed out two examples where left wing governing authorities have not denounced Antifa after cOmmitting political violence, not only no denunciation but no arrests.

Who are "left wing governing authorities" and what's the evidence that by not arresting a murderer that they, whoever makes up this unknown group, condone the murder? Do you know who did it? Does anyone? So the 'authorities' have a name, but refuse to issue a warrant for his arrest?

And I guess you're talking about the incident in 2019 with Ngo. If not then how about a link.

Conservative journalist Andy Ngo says assault involving Antifa resulted in brain injury | TheHill

The Portland Police Bureau have said three people were arrested in connection with the violent clashes that left Ngo and two other people hospitalized.

Following the incident, Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler (D) said in a series of tweets that the city stands “against all forms of violence – regardless of someone’s political leanings.”

I guess the mayor of Portland isn't one of those on "the left" you're talking about.

You don’t even say that was wrong. Because you don’t believe it’s wrong.

Murder is wrong - of course I believe that.

They sat in Portland when that man was assasinated and proudly declared they were not sad a “fascist” was killed. Andy Ngo has permanent injuries from his beating. The people who did it have not been arrested

Once again, I'm not sure who "they" are or why if "they" said that it indicts everyone on the left. You have to know that because someone in Portland said something that it only indicts that person or those who express agreement, not others like me who have not.

But since you asked, here’s Jerry Nadler calling Antifa violence a myth right here.

Remember this was after 70 days of riots and the beating of Ngo

Jerry Nadler says antifa violence in Portland 'a myth'

U.S. prosecutors do not charge Portland protesters with antifa ties - Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. federal prosecutors have produced no evidence linking dozens of people arrested in anti-racism protests in Portland, Oregon, to the antifa or anarchist movements, despite President Donald Trump’s assertions they are fueling the unrest.

The problem is the right wing labels anyone violent at any protest a member of Antifa. Unless they're black, then of course they're part of the BLM movement, since every black person who commits violence is of course a BLM member. That's how it works. If you have evidence that the federal prosecutors don't have then you can give me a link.

In fact not only was it denied but when federal authorities made arrests your side was screaming that secret police and Trump death squads were roaming the streets arresting innocent peaceful protestors

You made up the part about 'death squads' but you can quote someone if you want, and there were multiple accounts and videos of arrests by guys without identifiable uniforms driving civilian vehicles pulling people off the street who appeared non-violent when apprehended.

The fact that you choose to attack the person vs making a rationed reason argument that agrees with what he said then it continues to prove his point correct.

OK, so you agree I guess that if there is someone on "the right" and "they" engage in violence or are racists and bigots, then you agree with "them," since you're also on "the right."

I just need to get the rules straight here. Apparently if some author says something I haven't indicated I agree with since I've never heard of this person, that all of us on "the left" agree with what she says. So it works the other way, right?

When you have leftist politicians and other far left liberals donating to these peoples bail and legal funds then yes they do support the looting.

I don't know what 'leftist politicians' or 'far left liberals' you're referring to or who are "these people" whose bail "they" donated to. Were "these people" looters? Can you provide a link or anything that backs up this allegation that some unknown someones bailed out presumably violent looters?

Who are "left wing governing authorities" and what's the evidence that by not arresting a murderer that they, whoever makes up this unknown group, condone the murder? Do you know who did it? Does anyone? So the 'authorities' have a name, but refuse to issue a warrant for his arrest?

They have his name. If he killed a black dude and burned a cross he’d already be in custody.
And I guess you're talking about the incident in 2019 with Ngo. If not then how about a link.

Conservative journalist Andy Ngo says assault involving Antifa resulted in brain injury | TheHill

I guess the mayor of Portland isn't one of those on "the left" you're talking about.
he draws false moral equivelancy and never condemns Antifa by name or identifies Ngos attackers as political leftists. His denunciation is thus invalid. That’s the Charlottesville standard after all.

Murder is wrong - of course I believe that.
And yet you are defending inaction in bringing killers to justice

Once again, I'm not sure who "they" are or why if "they" said that it indicts everyone on the left. You have to know that because someone in Portland said something that it only indicts that person or those who express agreement, not others like me who have not.

Again we’re not playing this game. These violent rioters have been called peaceful protestors and the left was denying anything at all was happening until they killed someone and even now leftists like Biden and Ted Wheeler will only tepidly Denounce violence broadly while cursing Trump in the same breath.

I’ve long said the DoJ needs a purge

The problem is the right wing labels anyone violent at any protest a member of Antifa. Unless they're black, then of course they're part of the BLM movement, since every black person who commits violence is of course a BLM member. That's how it works. If you have evidence that the federal prosecutors don't have then you can give me a link.
Many of these rioters clearly are and are being politically shielded

You made up the part about 'death squads' but you can quote someone if you want, and there were multiple accounts and videos of arrests by guys without identifiable uniforms driving civilian vehicles pulling people off the street who appeared non-violent when apprehended.

So again you agree with denouncing arresting these people but ok you’ll say it was wrong when they graduate to political assasination, and still won’t want anything done about it.

Back
Top Bottom