• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Left has Nowhere to Go

Zyroh

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

There is no major difference between a McCain administration, a Bush and an Obama administration. Obama, in fact, is in many ways worse. McCain, like Bush, exposes the naked face of corporate power. Obama, who professes to support core liberal values while carrying out policies that mock these values, mutes and disempowers liberals, progressives and leftists. Environmental and anti-war groups, who plead with Obama to address their issues, are little more than ineffectual supplicants.

Is this why we're still at war? Is this why larges banks aren't allowed to fail at the cost of the tax payer? What if the people don't want war? What if the people don't want to pay for rich bankers' greed?

The premise is wrong from the beginning. Obama has NEVER professed to support core liberal values. That is a fallacy that the right-wing has put forth.

Anyone who has followed politics knows full well that Obama is at best a left-leaning moderate...and he has been consistent with that in his governing.

The premise is wrong from the beginning. Obama has NEVER professed to support core liberal values. That is a fallacy that the right-wing has put forth.

Anyone who has followed politics knows full well that Obama is at best a left-leaning moderate...and he has been consistent with that in his governing.

Amigo,

Obama's from the social justice wing of the far left. That is the most important thing for him. That makes him predictable.

If he was a moderate he wouldn't have crammed down Obamacare without any Republican support. He would have done what FDR did with Social Security and what LBJ did with Medicare. He would have acted on a bipartisan basis.

Without any conservative support, Obamacare is illegitimate.

The article in the OP is correct and I must agree with the premise that the left has no place to go other than Obama in the 2012 election. If there was a liberal challenge to Obama... and it prevailed against all odds - that would so alienate one of key voting blocs of the party - African Americans - that the Democratic nominee could not win anyway. Its Obama or nothing for the Dems in 2012.

And Albert, not a word in your post is true or accurate. Nice to see you have not changed with the new year. ;)

Is this why we're still at war? Is this why larges banks aren't allowed to fail at the cost of the tax payer? What if the people don't want war? What if the people don't want to pay for rich bankers' greed?

Thanks, i needed a good laugh for the day, but shouldn't an interview with the wacko Nader be in the humor section?

And yes, I even clicked your link and read your article.

isn't single payer health care a core liberal issue? how about [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4']cap and trade[/url]? both those videos are from before the election of course, can't expect a politician to keep his promise. oh wait, that's what the article is about.

Thanks, i needed a good laugh for the day, but shouldn't an interview with the wacko Nader be in the humor section?

i am certainly no nader supporter, but isn't it more crazy to trust lying politicians that we know will not do what they say (guitmo, single payer, cap and trade, end wars=obama; no nation building, fiscal conservative=bush) even crazier?

i am certainly no nader supporter, but isn't it more crazy to trust lying politicians that we know will not do what they say (guitmo, single payer, cap and trade, end wars=obama; no nation building, fiscal conservative=bush) even crazier?

Nader, Mr. 55mph speed limits? He's kooky dumb mofo, and a bit of a tin foil hatter.

If you're gonna listen to someone, listen to someone with a little credibility eh?

Can't we stop this "The other side sucks and this is the f****** reason why" threads? God knows we already have much. Or maybe continue on the existing threads

Can't we stop this "The other side sucks and this is the f****** reason why" threads? God knows we already have much. Or maybe continue on the existing threads

Both parties suck because both are just corporate apologists and imperialists

He is right...the left has ONLY Obama if he chooses to run again in 2012. And if he chooses to run again he will PROBABLY win. Granted...unless they pull out some outrageous race card, they wont have the support of the black voters to the level they had before (why bother...one...he is already elected, and two...whats BETTER?). And similarly, most of the people that voted for him because gosh it would be swell to show we arent racist and can elect a black man for president...well...thats been done too. Still...Unless the republicans put forward a legitimate and viable candidate, I highly doubt people will unseat the man. I doubt the senate will remain in democrat hands though.

Yeah I remember when Palin and others said he was the most liberal senator in the Senate. What idiots.

Amigo,

Obama's from the social justice wing of the far left. That is the most important thing for him. That makes him predictable.

If he was a moderate he wouldn't have crammed down Obamacare without any Republican support. He would have done what FDR did with Social Security and what LBJ did with Medicare. He would have acted on a bipartisan basis.

Without any conservative support, Obamacare is illegitimate.

You wish. Everyone is far left to you anyway.

You wish. Everyone is far left to you anyway.

Not true. I support lgbt rights, and an uncertain about abortion. I also oppose capital punishment.

What gives you the impression that I am on the far extreme of conservative thought is my unrelenting hostility to leftism.

Not true. I support lgbt rights, and an uncertain about abortion. I also oppose capital punishment.

What gives you the impression that I am on the far extreme of conservative thought is my unrelenting hostility to leftism.

I said far left TOOOOOO you not of you.

Back
Top Bottom