• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Left are conflating cases to exaggerate the significance of the SC draft leak

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Are LGBTQ rights next? How Supreme Court abortion ruling could threaten gay marriage, contraception
Abortion isn't the only right that could be under threat by the Supreme Court's draft ruling overturning Roe v. Wade.
If the draft opinion, published Monday by Politico, takes effect, it would open the door to reconsideration and potential reversal of other established rights, including same-sex marriage, contraception, private consensual sexual activity and even interracial marriage, according to activists and law professors.
"I think gay marriage is right on the heels of this" in terms of potential legal challenges and legislative proposals, said Kierra Johnson, executive director of the National LGBTQ Task Force, a national LGBTQ rights organization.
And it goes beyond that, she said: "I caution anyone who thinks that anything is off the table that our democracy, our agency, our civil rights are on the line."

Democrats are in panic like gazelle on the plains. The riot squad was dispatched within minutes, complete with ready made rage signage.

Now they're screaming that ALL RIGHTS are in jeopardy. Here's a list - so far that I've rad - of their grave concerns:
same-sex marriage
contraception
private consensual sexual activity
interracial marriage
LQBTQ+ youth - whatever that is
civil rights

Notice how they bundle everything under the sun to make the problem look gargantuan. It's a ruse. It's extremist chatter. It's a lie.

It's sole intention is to incite, agitate, divide, and elicit violence. They're dog whistling to all woke idealists that if this falls, it ALL falls.

It's a lie, and even more concerning is, it's dangerous. If violence breaks out - it's on the left.

Are LGBTQ rights next? How Supreme Court abortion ruling could threaten gay marriage, contraception

Democrats are in panic like gazelle on the plains. The riot squad was dispatched within minutes, complete with ready made rage signage.

Now they're screaming that ALL RIGHTS are in jeopardy. Here's a list - so far that I've rad - of their grave concerns:
same-sex marriage
contraception
interracial marriage
civil rights

Notice how they bundle everything under the sun to make the problem look gargantuan. It's a ruse. It's extremist chatter. It's a lie.

It's sole intention is to incite, agitate, divide, and elicit violence. They're dog whistling to all woke idealists that if this falls, it ALL falls.

It's a lie, and even more concerning is, it's dangerous. If violence breaks out - it's on the left.

Yes only the stupidest would believe interracial marriage is in danger but that's who the Left are...the stupidest. Meanwhile roll up your sleeve here comes your mandatory death shot.

This is ridiculous.

same-sex marriage
contraception
interracial marriage
civil rights

Notice how you miss the point entirely. Virtually every one of those in your list stems from the implicit "right to privacy" which is ore to the Majority Opinion as it was written in February. If it remains core to the Majority Opinion then virtually every other right dependent on the implicit right to privacy is vulnerable.

Why do people waste time posting trash? Now there is a question worth asking.

same-sex marriage
contraception
interracial marriage
civil rights

"Because I say it is so" is a really shitty argument, and literally the only one you present here. And you are full tilt wrong. Not even remotely right. It is like you have zero clue what the **** you are even talking about, as a simple look at the draft would show you that yes, it could effect each and every one of the things you list. To quote Alito: "Constitution makes no reference to abortion, and no such right is implicitly protected by any constitutional provision . . . including the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment." If implied rights go away, then all the issues listed by you that SCOTUS has said are rights are ripe for re-examination.

Basically, either get your information from more reliable sources(LoLz, like that will happen), or learn to actually research your claims. It will save you looking really silly, like you do here.

same-sex marriage
contraception
interracial marriage
civil rights

Who leaked it?

same-sex marriage
contraception
interracial marriage
civil rights

That's not from "the left". Those are things constitutional scholars are saying.

Next fauxrage please.

Wow, who doesn't trust the conservative judges who claimed at their confirmation hearings that Roe was "settled law" to protect our rights?
They are sacrificing the Integrity of the SC for the Holy Grail of the Right for decades, striking down Roe and ultimately everything else that springs from the implicit Right to Privacy as well. Integrity is all the SC has. It has no enforcement powers. Once the American People stop believing in it, the SC is dead as an effective branch of government.

That those attached to the 1st draft Majority Opinion, those who have lied their way onto the SC now have the unmitigated gall to claim in the Draft itself that everything else is safe is absurd. In the first place they cannot claim that any of the rest is safe. Who the hell are they...... aliens destined to eternal life? Maybe they are vampires already dead and living off the blood of real flesh and blood humans. That would actually make more sense than claiming that everything else that springs from the implicit Right to Privacy is safe.

Remember this is the 1st draft of the Majority Opinion. This is not just Alito talking though he and his clerks appear to be in the main most responsible for writing it. Having read the entire draft, it is one of the most horrifying documents I have read in my entire life. That it springs from the SC, any SC is not just alarming it is stupefying. Yes folks...worse than Dred Scott. You can at least place Dred Scott decision in its place in history. This is after all 2022!!!!!!!!

Notice how you miss the point entirely. Virtually every one of those in your list stems from the implicit "right to privacy" which is ore to the Majority Opinion as it was written in February. If it remains core to the Majority Opinion then virtually every other right dependent on the implicit right to privacy is vulnerable.

Why do people waste time posting trash? Now there is a question worth asking.
The better question is why base new SC decisions on a bad SC decision to begin with?
Legislate or amend, we don't need SCOTUS legislating from the bench.

Yes only the stupidest would believe interracial marriage is in danger but that's who the Left are...the stupidest. Meanwhile roll up your sleeve here comes your mandatory death shot.
A. I've had my shots. I'm not dead.

B. Only an idiot would believe its not.

and yet there is another thread to fuel the fires.

They are sacrificing the Integrity of the SC for the Holy Grail of the Right for decades, striking down Roe and ultimately everything else that springs from the implicit Right to Privacy as well. Integrity is all the SC has. It has no enforcement powers. Once the American People stop believing in it, the SC is dead as an effective branch of government.

That those attached to the 1st draft Majority Opinion, those who have lied their way onto the SC now have the unmitigated gall to claim in the Draft itself that everything else is safe is absurd. In the first place they cannot claim that any of the rest is safe. Who the hell are they...... aliens destined to eternal life? Maybe they are vampires already dead and living off the blood of real flesh and blood humans. That would actually make more sense than claiming that everything else that springs from the implicit Right to Privacy is safe.

Remember this is the 1st draft of the Majority Opinion. This is not just Alito talking though he and his clerks appear to be in the main most responsible for writing it. Having read the entire draft, it is one of the most horrifying documents I have read in my entire life. That it springs from the SC, any SC is not just alarming it is stupefying. Yes folks...worse than Dred Scott. You can at least place Dred Scott decision in its place in history. This is after all 2022!!!!!!!!

It opens the door to judges changing the law whenever they want to because they think it was wrongly decided. One could say that about just about every court decision ever made.

Who leaked it?
Who cares, really, i that what you think is important. What happens if Roberts finds out it was one of the con judges or their staff. You will find an excuse for them.

It opens the door to judges changing the law whenever they want to because they think it was wrongly decided. One could say that about just about every court decision ever made.
Well though this is true, there is so much juris prudence now based on the implicit Right to Privacy that the SC will just point back to this Mississippi Mess anytime it wants to strike down anything that has the implicit Right to Privacy as its basis. They won't even have to write thousands of words of additional gibberish to do what they want to do.

This IS by the way not a great case to use to strike down Roe entirely. I am hopefully that Roberts is making a case for a less radical approach and trying to pry one Justice away from the five in the current Majority.

Back
Top Bottom