• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Law and Order President just enchouraged his supporters to break the law ...

It's impossible, since vote-by-mail is fraud proof. Right?

Define fraud proof.

There is not thing in the history of mankind that is fraud proof. Man designs systems, man can figure out how to go around systems.
But fraud for voting is 0.00000007%. So, it's hugely insignificant.

... again.

Trump is convinced he can't win fair and square so he's doing everything he can to undermine and discredit OUR election.

I predict that IF he's able to steal this election there will never be another United States of America Presidential election again. In the next four years he, Barr and his Trumpublican supporters in the House and Senate will install him as President for life controlled ONLY by his Plutocrat handlers. This is the most corrupt administration in the history of the world.

Excellent idea, actually. I know that if I wrote the voting system that Trump's suggestion would be the ultimate test and a Programmer's dream.

The voting system in all states SHOULD kick out all duplicate entries/votes, right?

So, this is a very easy test. The number of mail-in ballots (the UNIVERSAL ballots -- the ones that no one asked for - the state just dumps millions of ballots into the mailbox not taking into account deaths or those that have moved. Ballots will be sent to those folks at their old addresses. (versus the absentee ballots, which a voter must apply for each election))

2 types of ballots here -
(1) Absentee ballots - a voter must apply for an absentee ballot in each election; then the state or county mails you back an absentee ballot
(2) Universal ballots - the state simply dumps (mails) a ballot to each registered voter; it - - does not need to be applied for;
- the state just sends all registered voters a mail-in "universal" ballot using the name and address information per the last election.
- So if you moved 2 years ago - oh well, your ballots will get mailed to your old house and you likely will not receive them for 2020. You will need to go in person and vote most likely
- You were living with your grandmother in 2019? Well, you will get a ballot for her too for 2020. (Have fun and vote twice! No one will ever know.)

So, a quick count (add the totals together by candidate!) of the absentee and mail in ballots should be equal to or less than the total registered voters. If not, a problem has already surfaced.

Bow add the in-person ballots. Like the last one - (add the totals together by candidate!)

This number should be equal to or less than the total registered voters. If not, a HUGE problem (like voter fraud) has undoubtedly surfaced.

A recount would then be needed of the entire state by hand.

... again.

Trump is convinced he can't win fair and square so he's doing everything he can to undermine and discredit OUR election.

I predict that IF he's able to steal this election there will never be another United States of America Presidential election again. In the next four years he, Barr and his Trumpublican supporters in the House and Senate will install him as President for life controlled ONLY by his Plutocrat handlers. This is the most corrupt administration in the history of the world.

You really need to seek help for those delusions.

I don't think the particular crime Trump committed today has been identified. So, here it is:
§ 163-275. Certain acts declared felonies.
Any person who shall, in connection with any primary, general or special election held in this
State, do any of the acts or things declared in this section to be unlawful, shall be guilty of a Class
I felony. It shall be unlawful:
(7) For any person with intent to commit a fraud to register or vote at more than
one precinct or more than one time, or to induce another to do so, in the same primary or election, or to vote illegally at any primary or election.
It's a felony under North Carolina law. I thought specificity was important, rather than being vaguely "illegal."
By the way, 19 people charged with voter fraud in NC over 2016 votes by the US Attorney. Nothing political about that, at all, right?

... again.

You don't seriously believe that. What makes you think any Republicans want Donald Trump as President indefinitely?

I hope his followers aren't foolish enough to vote twice, they face a hefty fine and jail time if they do. I don't know what the N. Carolina system is like but I'm confident that if they pulled that **** in Colorado they would end up with a stiff fine and possible jail time; because they AbsaByGodLutely would get caught.

Our president is trying to corrupt and discredit this election; he is the most dispicable man in America.

You say mail in voting is so safe, well lets find out. :lamo Anything to win. Problem is the your enemy always has a say. :lamo

I hope his followers aren't foolish enough to vote twice, they face a hefty fine and jail time if they do. I don't know what the N. Carolina system is like but I'm confident that if they pulled that **** in Colorado they would end up with a stiff fine and possible jail time; because they AbsaByGodLutely would get caught.

Our president is trying to corrupt and discredit this election; he is the most dispicable man in America.

How would they even know if someone voted twice? Someone could mail in a ballot and then go vote in person, and if anyone ever even bothers to line them up somehow the voter could just deny that they voted in person and say that someone else must have showed up claiming to be them.

By showing the court the individual's signed absentee ballot, and the signature in the voter book.

How would they know who signed the voter book?

By looking at the signatures, comparing them with one another and the signatures on file.

What's stopping someone from sending in the mail-in ballot, and then going to the polls and using a goofy signature?

I don't see why you think a simple denial would hold much legal weight.

Because they have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you committed a crime?

Last edited:
This one act is impeachable.

How can you break the law when you are not allowed to commit the crime?!?

You send in your mail-in ballot, your name and details are then compared with the voter roll and on it your name receives a little "voted" next to it.
You now show up at the polling station and the little lady says: "It shows here you have already voted by mail."

The end ... because now you can't vote a second time and no crime has been committed.

Unless nobody compares mail-in ballots with voter rolls.

If the little lady catches you trying to vote again, you committed the fraud.

But it appears it may depend on the State.

The Definition of Double Voting
Most commonly, states prohibit voting more than once “in the same election.” This can be interpreted in different ways. Is voting in more than one state but on the same day voting in the “same election"? Or is each state-run election a separate election? What if voting occurred on different days, i.e. a voter cast an absentee ballot in one state and voted in person in another state on Election Day? Table 1 below contains state-by-state statutory language. In summary:

11 states explicitly prohibit voting in more than one state: Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, New Hampshire, Oregon, South Dakota, Virginia, and Washington.
7 states prohibit voting twice within the state or for the same office: Alabama, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Mississippi and West Virginia.
31 states and Washington, D.C., prohibit voting twice in the same election: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

So tRuMP is encouraging illegal voting for those in NC

What's stopping someone from sending in the mail-in ballot, and then going to the polls and using a goofy signature?

When you go in to vote in person, the signature on file is printed in the book next to your name.

If you sign with a goofy signature, the poll worker will notice, and probably ask about it.

That poll worker can later be called to testify.

Because they have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you committed a crime?

Well, that's the thing.

Does an unsupported claim of innocence alone provide reasonable doubt, in the face of actual evidence?

If the little lady catches you trying to vote again, you committed the fraud.

But it appears it may depend on the State.

The Definition of Double Voting
Most commonly, states prohibit voting more than once “in the same election.” This can be interpreted in different ways. Is voting in more than one state but on the same day voting in the “same election"? Or is each state-run election a separate election? What if voting occurred on different days, i.e. a voter cast an absentee ballot in one state and voted in person in another state on Election Day? Table 1 below contains state-by-state statutory language. In summary:

11 states explicitly prohibit voting in more than one state: Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, New Hampshire, Oregon, South Dakota, Virginia, and Washington.
7 states prohibit voting twice within the state or for the same office: Alabama, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Mississippi and West Virginia.
31 states and Washington, D.C., prohibit voting twice in the same election: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

So tRuMP is encouraging illegal voting for those in NC
It's also a federal crime, everywhere.

It's also a federal crime, everywhere.

Is it?
Voter Fraud —

So trump voicing NC voters to vote 2X is a fed crime? Maybe not the encouragement, but if one follows through. Caught trying for a 2nd vote? Or caught after casting a 2nd vote?

Last edited:
So trump voicing NC voters to vote 2X is a fed crime? Maybe not the encouragement, but if one follows through. Caught trying for a 2nd vote? Or caught after casting a 2nd vote?

And a person caught attempting? A crime? Or forgot they voted once already?

I would suspect, encouraging ins't an official crime.
I'm not sure about attempting - that's not spelled out in the statute, but may be possible under other precedents and statutes.

Voter fraud has been committed by Republicans. In 2019, an election for a North Carolina House seat was tossed out after a GOP operative illegally collected ballots, and last week, Rep. Steve Watkins (R-Kan.) was charged with three felony counts of voter fraud related to the 2019 municipal elections.

If a ballot is not counted, how do you know someone voted twice?

Doesn't matter. Attempting to vote twice or enticing someone else to vote twice is against the law, period. That would of course depend on whether or not you get caught.

But, there's no way there can be any fraud. Right?

Well, considering that all investigations into alleged voter fraud, including Trump's own 'commission', concluded that instances were so rare as to be statistically insignificant, I think that's really all you need to know.

Report: Trump commission did not find widespread voter fraud

Documents disprove White House voter fraud claims, says ex-member of Trump commission | US news | The Guardian

'''No coordinated national voter fraud effort during a major election''': FBI - ABC News

FBI official says there is no evidence of coordinated mail-in voting fraud effort | TheHill

Feel free to produce your own evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom