• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Latest: Putin’s spokesman displays Trump lawyer’s emails

It's propaganda.

According to the link, Cohen sent some emails in January of 2016, the Russians replied in some fashion and according to them, 'never heard from Cohen again.' So what do these emails tell us? Nothing that I can see.

Wow...no that would be Trump level stupid. Putin has $70 to 200B..and is a long time authoritarian ruler of Russia. Wtf would he need 50M in cash for, when he’s making a play to install someone a has compromised as president of his arch nemesis, the United States of America? You really don’t know how these guys operate do you? Russian sanctions lifted...weakening of the west, less western control over Russia’s antagonistic actions...that’s what Putin wants.

Yep-- talking about Russian targeting the 2016 elections.

I post it because it happens to be true--you dont know what you are talking about. And this childish response only makes that more obvious.
But go ahead, tell me what it is you think this particular new 'evidence' adds to the story.

It happens to be true...based on...on your earnest trollish posting? Aw, poor Fletch, you look like you want a trophy just for participation. There there. You get flippant responses because you aren't posting anything of substance. Really, ever.
You're really just realizing this?

Wait wait, AGAIN you have no ****ing clue what you're talking about. Quote me in this thread claiming "this new evidence adds something significant to the story".

Yes I was alive and Trump did not lie to congress. He has not testified before congress. Contempt of congress is not the same a lying to congress. Dude.

No, it's not. Nixon out and out refused to comply with what Congress wanted although editing the tapes and refusing to hand them over was what got the articles of impeachment drawn up. Congress worked in a bipartisan way regarding the impeachment of Nixon. Sure he resigned, but if he had not he would have been impeached.

Trump has 'soldiers' in the Congress and he or someone else is holding something over their heads to convince him to follow this traitor down the rabbit hole. It was Republicans, not Democrats, who ultimately compelled Nixon to resign from the presidency because the Congress still had patriots back then. Republicans in the House of Representatives have repudiated the bipartisan legacy of the Watergate investigations for the past two years and have violated their oath of office with the sham investigation the House Intelligence Committee under Devin Nunes had done. That's going to change in January and all those records from that fake investigation are going to see light again and there will be a real investigation.

It happens to be true...based on...on your earnest trollish posting? Aw, poor Fletch, you look like you want a trophy just for participation. There there. You get flippant responses because you aren't posting anything of substance. Really, ever.
You're really just realizing this?

Wait wait, AGAIN you have no ****ing clue what you're talking about. Quote me in this thread claiming "this new evidence adds something significant to the story".

So you agree that this new 'revelation' is a nothingburger. See, we can find common ground after all.

No, it's not. Nixon out and out refused to comply with what Congress wanted although editing the tapes and refusing to hand them over was what got the articles of impeachment drawn up. Congress worked in a bipartisan way regarding the impeachment of Nixon. Sure he resigned, but if he had not he would have been impeached.

Trump has 'soldiers' in the Congress and he or someone else is holding something over their heads to convince him to follow this traitor down the rabbit hole. It was Republicans, not Democrats, who ultimately compelled Nixon to resign from the presidency because the Congress still had patriots back then. Republicans in the House of Representatives have repudiated the bipartisan legacy of the Watergate investigations for the past two years and have violated their oath of office with the sham investigation the House Intelligence Committee under Devin Nunes had done. That's going to change in January and all those records from that fake investigation are going to see light again and there will be a real investigation.

You just proved my point and destroyed your own. There are virtually no parallels between Trump and Nixon.

President Trump is the only president in United States history to do battle with the Russians.

ROFL!

You're seriously trying to convince us that Trump, Putin's Bottom Boy, was tough on him? :lamo

What, did Trump make him ask politely before bending over?

Time for you to accept that you've elected a bottom boy to run your country. The only people he's tough on are his allies, because he knows they have too much class and respect for the USA to give their true opinion of Trump. Anyone who can fight back, and Trump is on his knees, gushing over how wonderful they are.

Honestly, it's embarrassing to see a grown ass man like Trump behaving in such an obsequious manner.

Or is this just how men behave where you're from?

Last edited:
https://www.apnews.com/8ef6524cedd14011b9595b600278a08b

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman has displayed what he says are two emails from President Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer asking for help getting the Trump Tower Moscow project off the ground.

Michael Cohen pleaded guilty on Thursday to lying to Congress about the real estate deal.
==============================================
Looks like Trump's best bud Putin has stuck a shiv into his back.

But he said at least 5 times before the election that he had no financial dealings in Russia. Maybe he was mistaken.

It will all come out when they get into his finances.

'Collusion? What collusion?'

07DC238E-130B-4E7F-AFDE-6A407109C456.jpg

I've provided the evidence of such. From The Hill, no less.

Nonsense. You just don't want to face the fact that Putin has made Trump his Bottom Boy.

You might want to note the Kim Jong Un has done the same. And so have the Saudis. It almost appears that Trump has a bit of fetish, doesn't it?

Obama was like, "yessa massah!"

Nice remark. Trump would love it.

Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People'

Trump leads the racist birther movement

Trump: No vacancies for Blacks

Last edited:
You're going to retread that photo?

Is your flashlight on in your zero-darkness environment? :lamo

Haha. You got busted for lying about having perfect vision in total darkness.
E9340AF0-AB6B-421B-8911-A3359BA96568.jpg

Nice story Bro.:coffeepap For a pulp fiction. So Trump thought by killing hundreds of Russians, sanctioning Russians, and driving oil prices down and trying to stop a Russian gas line to Europe he would somehow curry favor with Putin. R...I...G...H...T. That sounds like pure fiction.

Trump thinks its a good idea for the United States to get along with the power that has more nuclear missiles pointed at the US than any other country. Unfortunately it does not seem like Russia wants to get along with the US.

Not the time frame we are concerned about. This was when he was making Republican Party Platform and Policies ref supporting Ukraine and Russian annexation of Crimea.
And exactly how has Trump confronted Putin? Some sanctions, loaded with slavish comments, you do recall The Helsinki Debacle.

Putin has no use for Trump any longer, he has accomplished his goal of disrupting our country through division and party politics. Now that he has no further use for Trump he's going to stick it to him good and create even more turmoil and division within the U.S. Why would anyone wonder why he and MbS were ecstatic and high-five-ing at the G20? Goal accomplished. Now Trump will have troubles coming not only from Robert Mueller and the FBI, he has Putin to worry about, because he turned on Trump and it's only going to get worse. Played him just like a puppet, no doubt about it.

I think the MbS-Putin show was just that; a show. They looked like school girls trying to pretend they don't hear everyone else talking about them.
Trump didn't get played, please. He praises Putin and the Left are exploding heads. Cue the homophobic jokes. Trump and Putin ignore each other, and somehow that's also scandalous.
Trump's agenda at the G20 obviously didn't include Putin and what he did have on his agenda, he accomplished.

When you're fall-back, form your fall-back, is "but Trump HAS been tough on Russia!", I'm gonna assume you're throwing in the towel.

No SLC, Trump has opposed Russian sanctions from the start, has defended Putin over our own U.S. intelligence agencies, and has never, never been serious critical of Russia in all this time.
Senate did pass a veto-proof set of sanctions, and Trump opposed them. He then dragged his feet on implementing them, and implemented only some. I think there are still inquiries into whether or not he completed it, and if not, whether it's a violation of the law.

Black is white, Trump is tough on Russia, Trump tells the Truth...Kool-Aid indeed.

Hmmmm it seems like a puppet of Putin would simply refuse to sign off on sanctions.

The Trump administration is hitting Russia with new sanctions punishing President Vladimir Putin's government for using a chemical weapon against an ex-spy in Britain, U.S. officials told NBC News Wednesday.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo signed off on a determination that Russia violated international law by poisoning the former spy, Sergei Skripal, and his daughter in March, officials said, a decision that was announced Wednesday afternoon by State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert......

A second, more painful round kicks in three months later unless Russia provides "reliable assurances" that it won't use chemical weapons in the future and agrees to "on-site inspections" by the United Nations — conditions unlikely to be met. The second round of sanctions could include downgrading diplomatic relations, suspending the state airline Aeroflot's ability to fly to the United States and cutting off nearly all exports and imports.

Sanctions aside you failed to say a word about:

1. Trump having the US kill Russians in Iraq
2. The US using the military to help oppose Assad Putin's puppet.
3. The US selling arms to the Ukraine
4. The US opposing the sell of Russian natural gas to Europe.
5. Trump policies increasing oil production decreasing world wide oil prices
6. Trump pressuring NATO to increase their spending to defend themselves against Russia

Put your Kool Aid down.

If Trump was Bottom Boy as you suggest. Wouldn't the smart move would have been for Putin to play Trump for cash. Require bribes from Trump let the construction start the require even bigger bribes. Squeeze Trump for $100's of millions. Yet Trump never built anything. Perhaps Trump refused to pay bribes to conduct business.

Why would Putin try to get bribes from trump?

all of trumps money is on loan from Putin.

Trump can't bribe someone with their own money.

Putin needed trump in a position to get rid of sanctions, so he put trump in a position that it was in trumps best interest to get rid of sanctions...

Asking for help in the exploratory phase of a possible business deal is not "financial dealings".
~ Yes ... However Mueller will configure it to make it look like there was something there. Likely this will be the Mueller Mule Team's undoing - not the president.

They keep starting these threads with supposed "AHA, weve got him" glee and these stories reveal absolutely nothing. What new ground does this story or these emails break?

All in all it's just another brick in the wall...

According to the link, Cohen sent some emails in January of 2016, the Russians replied in some fashion and according to them, 'never heard from Cohen again.' So what do these emails tell us? Nothing that I can see.

When Trump made all his statements below, it was long after Cohen had ceased emailing with Russia; June of 2016?

Here is the timeline for all of Trump's statements ... Enjoy Trump haters!

"I have nothing to do with Russia." (Fox News, Oct. 29, 2018)

- "There was no talking to Russia. There was no phone calls. I didn’t make phone calls to Russia. I didn’t receive phone calls. I didn’t have meetings. I didn’t have texts. I didn’t have anything." (Aboard Air Force One, Sept. 7, 2018)

- "I have nothing to do with Russia. I never did." (CNBC, July 20, 2018)

- "There's no collusion. I didn't deal with Russia. I had nothing to do with Russia with respect to my race. I won that race rather easily." (CBS, July 18, 2018)

- "We had no collusion with Russia. We never dealt with Russia." (WSJ, July 25, 2017)

- "I have nothing to do with Russia. I told you, I have no deals there." (White House press conference, February 16, 2017)

- "I know nothing about the inner workings of Russia. I don’t deal there. I have no businesses there." (Presidential debate, October 10, 2016)

- "What do I have to do with Russia? You know the closest I came to Russia, I bought a house a number of years ago in Palm Beach, Fla." (News conference, July 27, 2016)

Source for quotes:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-scrutiny-amid-michael-cohen-plea/2149518002/

Well it's a good thing that you are not involved with the investigation then, as you only see what you want to see.

Mueller is not building his case on one major act, or a smoking gun.

He is building on piece by piece evidence showing how this whole criminal conspiracy was played out.

We are only privy to a fraction of what Mueller knows and just what is public is enough to bring down the trump crime family.

Mueller will go down in history as the largest organized crime destroyer far more effective than Elliot Ness...

I think the MbS-Putin show was just that; a show. They looked like school girls trying to pretend they don't hear everyone else talking about them.
Trump didn't get played, please. He praises Putin and the Left are exploding heads. Cue the homophobic jokes. Trump and Putin ignore each other, and somehow that's also scandalous.
Trump's agenda at the G20 obviously didn't include Putin and what he did have on his agenda, he accomplished.

Here's a primer for you since you don't seem to be able to comprehend what Vladimir Putin and Mohammed bin Salman represent. Their glee together was because they both got away with murder because Trump, the 'leader of the free world' is no longer the leader of the free world. He gave both of them a pass to murder whomever they want and he's not going to say jack-**** about it.

Trump praises Putin for favors, not a single thing more than that. He owes Putin big time and Putin has Trump's balls in a vice and will squeeze him whenever he needs to. He's the most compromised president that ever lived and unfortunately he's compromised by an enemy of the United States.

imageedit_7_9454873681.jpg

Back
Top Bottom