• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The last three weeks

And you think there will be change by voting?(LOL)

Remember "Hope and change"?

"Hope and change" only got you "MAGA?

Keep up the fine work
Voting is the only direct power we have, limited though it is.

Apart from that the only accessible levers are applying pressure to politicians through organized movements.

For the vast majority, the lever of money is not available, at least without an organized movement to concentrate it.

Has already been done, just proudly saying what we did. Tired of the Clown Show/
Voted earlier today, also straight ticket which is not my way at all in ordinary times, just started a thread

Personally, I never vote straight ticket.

I always try to research all the races I can vote in and pick the best candidate based on the info available.

Also, there's a point of petty principle in it - especially in the primaries, I don't want to give a vote to a candidate that is running unopposed, since they'll win anyway.
I am of the opinion that there should always be a primary contest, in every single race.

I will vote in person at 6 am on November 3 even if I have to crawl over broken glass covered in embers.

No doubt more people saw and peacefully protested with Trump today and certainly yesterday and today than with Biden in his entire campaign probably including the primaries. 10s of people gather each week to see sleepy Joe or crooked Joe more likely.

You can't vote a little bit earlier? In-person voting starts Monday in Florida and has already started in other states.

Personally, I never vote straight ticket.

I always try to research all the races I can vote in and pick the best candidate based on the info available.

Also, there's a point of petty principle in it - especially in the primaries, I don't want to give a vote to a candidate that is running unopposed, since they'll win anyway.
I am of the opinion that there should always be a primary contest, in every single race.

The last tine I voted for a Republican in Ohio, the reason was she had been a certified public account (CPA), which seemed perfect for a state auditor. The Democratic candidate was just another person who wanted the job. This happened during Bob Taft's last year and I voted for Ted Strickland the same day. For the next four years, all the former CPA did was criticize Strickland for how he managed the state budget. John Kasich chose her to be his running mate. That was when I decided to never vote for a Republican again.

The last tine I voted for a Republican in Ohio, the reason was she had been a certified public account (CPA)
And if nothing else, now we all know the acronym for certified public accountant. Previously I always went with ZXB, but from now on it's CPA every time.

And if nothing else, now we all know the acronym for certified public accountant. Previously I always went with ZXB, but from now on it's CPA every time.

Where did you get ZXB from?

That race was how I learned what a CPA is.

It is after midnight here, so according to Google there are 16 days left. GO VOTE IF YOU HAVE NOT VOTED ALREADY.

The last tine I voted for a Republican in Ohio, the reason was she had been a certified public account (CPA), which seemed perfect for a state auditor. The Democratic candidate was just another person who wanted the job. This happened during Bob Taft's last year and I voted for Ted Strickland the same day. For the next four years, all the former CPA did was criticize Strickland for how he managed the state budget. John Kasich chose her to be his running mate. That was when I decided to never vote for a Republican again.
I fear some of those lower level administration seats are used to gain political recognition by some.

i don't want Trump Republicans voting. we're a Republic not a Democracy.

I don't want Trump Republicans voting. We're a Republic not a Democracy.

We are a democratic republic. On local issues that involve city property, income, and sales taxes, voting is 100% democracy. Want more lanes on a busy mixed-use street? You decide. Want to allow wine purchases in your precinct? You decide. Want to help pay for the city's next public school? Vote for it. This is the kind of process colonialists wanted when they threw hundreds of teabags into the Boston Harbor - the ability to say, "Don't make us pay unwanted taxes without allowing a vote."

Apart from that the only accessible levers are applying pressure to politicians through organized movements.

For the vast majority, the lever of money is not available, at least without an organized movement to concentrate it.

Which is VAIN

It is NOT the only power we have

Like "Why you should only vote for Democrats"in the General Politics forum?
You can't vote a little bit earlier? In-person voting starts Monday in Florida and has already started in other states.
Polls open at 6am. I want to stand in line with my fellow citizens in my community, announce my name, have it checked against the voter roll, receive my ballots, fill them out, put them in the voting machines that record my vote just as I have done for 40 or so years ( we used to count manually though)
Sure there are short cuts. I could vote absentee either in person or through the mail and my ballot could sit in a box somewhere waiting to possibly put into a voting machine by someone else and counted sometime in the month(s) following the election. My vote will be one of the first to be recorded rather than maybe, eventually.

PROTEST

That's not direct power, it's indirect.

Back
Top Bottom