• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Largest Organized Crime Network You've Never Heard Of

RDS

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Anyone buys drugs online? Excellent job by FDA.
It may be the largest organized crime network that you have never heard of, and it deals in counterfeit drugs. So says the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which seized and shut down 1,677 illegal pharmacy Web sites last month as part of the largest Internet-based counterfeit drug sting yet.The shuttered Web sites all claimed to be “Canadian pharmacies” but the FDA says that not a single drug shipment actually came from the U.S.’s northern neighbor. And testing on the multiple undercover purchases of drugs made by FDA offices in Colorado, New Hampshire and western Pennsylvania—described in official court documents reviewed by Scientific American—found that the drugs were actually not cheap, generic versions of the drugs; they were all counterfeits.
Pill of Goods: International Counterfeit Drug Ring Hit in Massive Sting: Scientific American

People need to learn never to respond to spam. After all these years, it is still going on. Amazing.

People need to learn never to respond to spam. After all these years, it is still going on. Amazing.

As a Nigerian princess, I'd ask you to keep your common sense to yourself.

You're in luck. I just got an email from the President of the African Union Bank that you are in line for a $17,642,000 distribution from the estate of tha late Dr. Ebu Bulu.

Now, did you know that you have been left $1,000,000 in a will from the Prince of Nigeria? Please enter your bank details so you can claim your inheritance. :mrgreen:

Actually, it's not just spam, it's people doing that google for online pharmacies too.... lots of them around, I've actually checked them out for comparison pricing for non-pharmaceutical medical needs.

Some are competitive, others, add in the shipping and ubiquitous 'handling' , and you aren't saving much....

I've never bought pharmaceuticals online, way too easy to get taken with counterfeits or placebos.

Glad they shut them down.

At least they shut that one down. Operations like that are like cockroaches: Squash one, and there are a thousand more still in the cracks.

There will always be scams and there will always be suckers, personally I'm not glad (or upset) that this ring was closed down because all it did was **** over stupid people... and I don't care for stupid people.

"**** stupid people, what are you looking out for them for? Who likes stupid people? Thats what evolution is all about. Those people are supposed to get ****ed over... you can't let em survive! Take their ****!" - Joe Rogan

I've known about the Canadian Drug scam for years. I think it's hilarious that people are falling for this nonsense.

The Largest Organized Crime Network You've Never Heard Of

The FDA and DEA? Oh, I've heard of them.

Back
Top Bottom