• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Kulaks Must Be Eliminated As a Class

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Representative Ocasio-Cortez declares it “immoral” that we have a “system that allows billionaires to exist.” Marshall Steinbaum, the research director of the progressive Roosevelt Institute, wrote: “It’s increasingly clear that having wealthy people around is a luxury our society can no longer afford.”

And, so, here we are again: The kulaks must be liquidated as a class. But who is a kulak?

We might glean some insight into that from the progressives’ thinking in the recent free-speech debates, which goes something like this: “We’re all in favor of free speech, but Nazis should be chased from the public square, by violence if necessary, and we should harass their employers in order to ruin them financially. Also, everybody who disagrees with me is a Nazi, including children wearing hats that I don’t like.”

You may not feel like a kulak. You may take comfort in hearing that only the “tippy-top” wealthiest people are to be expropriated in the name of social justice. Those children at Covington Catholic probably didn’t think they were Nazis a week ago, either.

History is short, if you look at it with the right kind of eyes. Some of you might want to consider looking from Zurich or Singapore.

The Kulaks, successful farmers in Russia, were numerous and a great source of political power, so the communists murdered them, about 5 million in all. Had the Kulaks gotten together they could have eliminated the communists early on.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/elizabeth-warren-tax-plan-is-asset-forfeiture/

The Kulaks, successful farmers in Russia, were numerous and a great source of political power, so the communists murdered them, about 5 million in all. Had the Kulaks gotten together they could have eliminated the communists early on.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/elizabeth-warren-tax-plan-is-asset-forfeiture/

If the Wealth Gap in the USA is allowed/helped by USA gubmint policy to continue incresing, eventually we will be have and have nots and that is an absolute certainty. The numbers reveal that. We need to encourage Wealth redistribution to prevent it. That is the intent behind proposals such as presented by AOC. Not malicious or evil or greedy, but a common sense recognition of an inveitability.
/

Unsurprising that she’s not quoted in context.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/22/ale...-allows-billionaires-to-exist-is-immoral.html

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez agrees that "a system that allows billionaires to exist" is immoral.

The freshman congresswoman responded affirmatively to a question on the subject at an event celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Monday in New York, just as many of the world's billionaires were gathering for the start of the annual Davos economic confab in Switzerland amid concerns over economic uncertainty and rising populism.

"I don't think that necessarily means that all billionaires are immoral," she qualified, citing Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, both major philanthropists. Gates is expected to attend Davos again this year.

Snip

Still, she said it is "wrong" that billionaires can coexist in a country alongside "parts of Alabama where people are still getting ringworm because they don't have access to public health."

When you compare raising taxes on upper-income Americans to mass murder, you've already lost the argument.

It's not a comparision. It's a prediction of what comes next. If you think this sort of thing is unlikely then look at what happened to the Covington kids and so many others.

If the Wealth Gap in the USA is allowed/helped by USA gubmint policy to continue incresing, eventually we will be have and have nots and that is an absolute certainty. The numbers reveal that. We need to encourage Wealth redistribution to prevent it. That is the intent behind proposals such as presented by AOC. Not malicious or evil or greedy, but a common sense recognition of an inveitability.
/

How is theft of the property of others at the point of a gun not evil?

Then you've already painted yourself into the corner that literally ALL taxes of any kind are theft and evil. I doubt even you believe that nonsense, so really you just disagree with the tax rate, not the fundamental concept of taxes. You use exaggerations and hyperbole about mass murder because you lack the ability and concentration to make a reasoned argument.

It's not a comparision. It's a prediction of what comes next. If you think this sort of thing is unlikely then look at what happened to the Covington kids and so many others.

The Covington Kids were massacred?

You got a source for that?

I don't see how the context you provide changes what she said.

Anyone who ever points out inequality in American society is immediately labeled the second coming of Lenin, so allow me not to take your nonsense seriously.

/

The wealth gap is a non issue. Name one concrete manner in which your life is worse because other people are rich.

Right... AOC wants to pick and choose the good billionaires and the bad. I'm sure Tom Steyer is a "good billionaire", as is Soros and Bloomberg.

Identity politics is deadly to a country and leads to social disintegration. It's probably too late for the USA. That was the one job Obama was really good at. And here we are - demonizing billionaires by putting them into "good" and "bad" boxes by some political Office of Evil Assignment.

The left is turning into a bunch of whack jobs.

Anyone who ever points out inequality in American society is immediately labeled the second coming of Lenin, so allow me not to take your nonsense seriously.

Only communists claim that being rich is immoral.

Only communists claim that being rich is immoral.

Your avatar is the most racist, insulting avatar I have ever seen.

Mission accomplished.

Leftist: “spouts communist rhetoric”
Rational people: “this sounds like communist rhetoric”
Leftist: “how dare you point this out!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wealth gap is a non issue. Name one concrete manner in which your life is worse because other people are rich.

Environmental Pollution and irresponsible non mitigation by Corporatism as a planned policy!
\/

Your avatar is the most racist, insulting avatar I have ever seen.

Mission accomplished.

Thank you for doing such a great job exposing Liberal racism.

Environmental Pollution and irresponsible non mitigation by Corporatism as a planned policy!
\/

Environmental pollution brought the longest lifespans and best health humanity has ever known. Preindustrial man lived organic non polluted life and died at age 30.

Also even your argument is false by your own terms, pollution is very little today even as wealth inequality has decreased, in fact government policy reducing pollution drives income inequality since regulation is a barrier to business and only richer investors can start one

Environmental pollution brought the longest lifespans and best health humanity has ever known. Preindustrial man lived organic non polluted life and died at age 30.

Also even your argument is false by your own terms, pollution is very little today even as wealth inequality has decreased, in fact government policy reducing pollution drives income inequality since regulation is a barrier to business and only richer investors can start one

Move closer to Hanford!
\/

Move closer to Hanford!
\/

Why wouldn’t anyone do that?

Hanford is right next to a major metropolitan area, oddly enough no problems.

Why don’t you move to Zimbabwe?

Leftist: “spouts communist rhetoric”
Rational people: “this sounds like communist rhetoric”
Leftist: “how dare you point this out!”

The bar for what’s considered “communist rhetoric” in the American context is even mentioning that “there are poor people”.

The bar for what’s considered “communist rhetoric” in the American context is even mentioning that “there are poor people”.

No, the bar is saying the existence of poor people is the impetus for government tax and welfare policy

LowDown:

Since when is hiking progressive tax rates in America the same thing as the genocide of prosperous middle class farmers in Ukraine?!?! Hint: it is not, by any stretch of the imagination.

Your cited article from the National Review is both historically inaccurate and hysterical in its tone. Elizabeth Warren and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez may be ideologically offensive to some but they are not humanitarian rights abusers on the order of Joseph Stalin or the oft cited German guy from the same era. As to its supporting facts they are laughable. Just to take one case, the Russian Revolutions of 1917 in no significant way effected the Iranian Islamic Revolution of 1979 and the argument that Hugo Chavez was inspired to begin the Chavistas movement in Venezuela by the Iranians is absurd. Chavez was inspired by revolutionaries from the Caribbean and Latin America like Simon Bolivar, Jose de St. Martin, Fidel Castro and Che Guevara. The Axatollah Khomeni had nothing to do with Chavismo.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Last edited:

LowDown:

Property is societally sanctioned possession of material goods (and now regrettably ideas too). If society decides to tax you then what is taxed away is not your property because society does not recognise it to be so. Don't like it? Then move to a very small island to be your own society of one or a few.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Back
Top Bottom