• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Kulaks Must Be Eliminated As a Class

LowDown:

Since when is hiking progressive tax rates in America the same thing as the genocide of prosperous middle class farmers in Ukraine?!?! Hint: it is not, by any stretch of the imagination.

Your cited article from the National Review is both historically inaccurate and hysterical in its tone. Elizabeth Warren and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez may be ideologically offensive to some but they are not humanitarian rights abusers on the order of Joseph Stalin or the oft cited German guy from the same era. As to its supporting facts they are laughable. Just to take one case, the Russian Revolutions of 1917 in no significant way effected the Iranian Islamic Revolution of 1979 and the argument that Hugo Chavez was inspired to begin the Chavistas movement in Venezuela by the Iranians is absurd. Chavez was inspired by revolutionaries from the Caribbean and Latin America like Simon Bolivar, Jose de St. Martin, Fidel Castro and Che Guevara. The Axatollah Khomeni had nothing to do with Chavismo.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Not yet, but they’re playing a smarter game. A society like Russia is much more prone to violent takeover, anyone talking full on Marxism in the US won’t get elected so the left uses euphemisms like progressive and social democrat and warm the pot slowly instead of boiling it

It’s funny too because all the Latin American communists you mentioned are revered as heroes by the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet, but they’re playing a smarter game. A society like Russia is much more prone to violent takeover, anyone talking full on Marxism in the US won’t get elected so the left uses euphemisms like progressive and social democrat and warm the pot slowly instead of boiling it

It’s funny too because all the Latin American communists you mentioned are revered as heroes by the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EMNofSeatle:

Not yet!?!?

Income tax rates in America for top earners were never below 60% in the 64 years between 1917 and 1981 and reached a maximum of 94% during that six decade period. Was the America of 1917 - 1981 a viper's den of Marxism and confiscation of wealth? Did the American economy suffer during this period due to high progressive tax rates? The answer to both questions is no. In fact the problems started when income tax rates were lowered and more tax revenue had to be collected by regressive consumption taxes which slowed the growth of Aggregate Demand for new goods and services and which gutted the financial viability of the American middle class.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Thank you for doing such a great job exposing Liberal racism.

you enjoy mocking an assassinated leader of black equality, I understand

Any "real" Christian or any moral human would find that reprehensible.

But do try to redirect, I would too if I had exposed myself as you have.

BTW, I am a republican, embarrassed that the GOp is so filled with "you" types today.

Last edited:
How is theft of the property of others at the point of a gun not evil?

If Trump declares a bogus state of emergency to build his wall and sends troops to the border to take land from private citizens. and of course the Trumpsters on this site will cheer. I will remember this thread and all the hypocritical phony Trumpsters.

Right... AOC wants to pick and choose the good billionaires and the bad. I'm sure Tom Steyer is a "good billionaire", as is Soros and Bloomberg.

Identity politics is deadly to a country and leads to social disintegration. It's probably too late for the USA. That was the one job Obama was really good at. And here we are - demonizing billionaires by putting them into "good" and "bad" boxes by some political Office of Evil Assignment.

The left is turning into a bunch of whack jobs.

The right is already there.

If the Wealth Gap in the USA is allowed/helped by USA gubmint policy to continue incresing, eventually we will be have and have nots and that is an absolute certainty. The numbers reveal that. We need to encourage Wealth redistribution to prevent it. That is the intent behind proposals such as presented by AOC. Not malicious or evil or greedy, but a common sense recognition of an inveitability.
/

I just dig a search on Culac, Kulac, Kulack and get a Catholic college in Belgian province in Flanders; however what seems to be being described is a group known as Cossacks, who were not only wealthy land owners, but had armies of their own.

May that's what she's referring to

I just dig a search on Culac, Kulac, Kulack and get a Catholic college in Belgian province in Flanders; however what seems to be being described is a group known as Cossacks, who were not only wealthy land owners, but had armies of their own.

May that's what she's referring to

Fearandloathing:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kulak

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Then you've already painted yourself into the corner that literally ALL taxes of any kind are theft and evil. I doubt even you believe that nonsense, so really you just disagree with the tax rate, not the fundamental concept of taxes. You use exaggerations and hyperbole about mass murder because you lack the ability and concentration to make a reasoned argument.

The argument is that AOC isn't proposing tax hikes for the purpose of raising revenue. She is clear that her purpose in raising taxes is to target and eliminate a certain group of people. She believes the existence of such people are a blot on the country and source of misery for millions.

In which lamenting that the richest country on Earth can't really be bothered to provide healthcare to its citizens is.....

.....as just like insisting that Stalin finish exterminating the Kulaks and to communism generally. This steaming idiocy passes for "debate".

:doh

The argument is that AOC isn't proposing tax hikes for the purpose of raising revenue. She is clear that her purpose in raising taxes is to target and eliminate a certain group of people. She believes the existence of such people are a blot on the country and source of misery for millions.

Really? Because everyone else has been saying her proposed programs are too expensive and that'd we could never pay for it, now you're saying she's doing it not for revenue, but just for spite? You guys really do seem to be afraid of her with all of these exaggerations, hyperbole and making mountains of molehills.

Back
Top Bottom