• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Koch brothers invade California

Chappy

User
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Barbara was critical in last week's televised debate of Carly Fiorina's failure to take a stand, any stand, regarding Proposition 23 suspending California's nascent cap-and-trade program. State Republican leaders felt distress about that and Carly has (surprise!) come to see it their way.

Maybe she was hesitant because of the company she'll be keeping. Or should I say ‘companies.’ Oil companies to be specific; out-of-state oil companies to be precise. Recently it was revealed that the infamous Koch brothers will be among them.

Ooooooh . . . the Koch brothers! Hide in FEEEEARRR!!!!

YouTube - David Bowie- Scary Monsters (And super creeps)

:lamo

Hey, the right can have its own George Soros, can't it?

LOL I was going to say the same thing. Funny how the left never complains about Acorn, Unions or Soros.
MSNBC seems to be upset with the Koch brothers. They must be something good, though I must say I'm not real familiar with them.

Despite the title of the thread, I believe the issue is Fiorina's refusal to take a stand either way on an issue.

Yea, I think you're right. Hopefully she comes out on the right side.
What's with all the bragging about Ca. being a leader? The fact that Ca. is broke should be enough for people to avoid the road they went down.

Despite the title of the thread, I believe the issue is Fiorina's refusal to take a stand either way on an issue.

No, it's about the Koch brothers and their new, if reluctant political bedfellow Carly.

Yea, I think you're right. Hopefully she comes out on the right side.
What's with all the bragging about Ca. being a leader? The fact that Ca. is broke should be enough for people to avoid the road they went down.

California's broke.

The USA is broke.

Yup, California is a leader. LOL.

Stuff like this certainly doesn't help CA, and it's got nothing to do with the Koch brothers or Fiorina:

Allysia Finley: Broke—and Building the Most Expensive School in U.S. History - WSJ.com

You like the Koch brothers? By all means, I bet there's plenty of room in their bed, snuggle up!

“He that lieth down with Dogs, shall rise up with Fleas.” — Benjamin Franklin

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…