• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The King of Pork

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
I've been following up on a few spending measures lately. Mainly interested in so called pork spending. One name in my research kept coming back to the top of the heap, it's a pretty big heap I might add. Senator Robert C. Byrd (Dem) West Virgina. From what I can tell this guy never met a tax dollar he didn't want to spend. And spend he does. On some pretty petty things too it seems. He's even managed to use tax payer monies to erect a statue of himself and place it in the West Virgina State Capitol. At a cost of nearly million dollars, nice. And the kicker (really it gets better)? Turns out the statue violates a state law forbidding the erection of statues of government officials until they have been dead for half a century. So he's not only violating the law, he's using tax payers money to do it. What a guy. The group "Citizens Against Government Waste" has an entire page dedicated to Mr. Byrd. They call it "Bryd Droppings" and refer to him as the "King of Pork." You can find it here:

http://www.cagw.org/site/PageServer?pagename=news_byrddroppings

Anyone know of any other Pork spending? I'd be interested in hearing about. it.

Back
Top Bottom