• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The January 6 committee chair said the panel expects former Vice President Mike Pence to testify

Will VP Pence Testify before the 1/6 Committee?

• He'll be last seen going into a church and never coming out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That's a brilliant plan: do everything the democrats do when in power. I can hear the howls now.
Wouldn't Biden supporters have to storm the capital, beat up cops and threaten to Hang Harris first?

Your link:

"Rep. Bennie Thompson, the chair of the select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol attack, said Friday that the panel is planning to call former Vice President Mike Pence to testify about the insurrection later this month."

Do we know if Pence would be testifying in public or behind closed doors?
We don't know. At least I don't. Thing is, at this point and as far as I know, Thompson made that announcement to possibly send a signal to Pence and the rest of us that he may be called to testify later this month. I haven't read about anything else that suggests that he'd do this in public, in which I doubt very much that it'll go down that way. I believe politicians under questioning doesn't want the media/the public to see their hesitations, bumbling, stuttering, sweating, eye blinks or flies siting on their heads while being watched by all. Plus, there may also be premature answers given in the moment that might compromise any potential criminal cases moving forward at a later date. Not sure - but thinking that might also be the case with testifying in public.

Wouldn't Biden supporters have to storm the capital, beat up cops and threaten to Hang Harris first?
That's only after Biden owns the AG and a few top Generals to keep him safe from a seditionist conspiracy.

I believe politicians under questioning doesn't want the media/the public to see their hesitations, bumbling, stuttering, sweating, eye blinks or flies siting on their heads while being watched by all. Plus, there may also be premature answers given in the moment that might compromise any potential criminal cases moving forward at a later date. Not sure - but thinking that might also be the case with testifying in public.
The thought of testifying under oath and in public would make many politicians sweat, I suspect, I would pay money to watch Pence (Trump) endure a two-hour grilling on the events of January 6th, but I hadn't considered the possibility of compromising future criminal prosecutions. (Although I'm beginning to believe all the money that Trump has donated to the Democratic Party over the course of his adult life is starting to pay dividends)

Why in the world would Pence show up for a partisan hack committee so they could
selectively leak and spin his testimony.

Just one more farce from the Un-American democratic committee who
are desperately looking for any kind of mud they can find and then sling it every
direction knowing the press will take it and run with it.

So when the GOP takes over the house they can declare every investigation partisan and tell the committee to shove the subpoena and you will be here supporting them?

I love the Jan 6 committee. They are making it so easy for he republicans to regain the house and then impeach Joe Biden. They have set the precedent for it. They claim Trump was derelict in duty to protect the capital and the members. Well, Biden is derelict in duty to protect Americans and the border. Nothing is more fun than watching the democrats unravel at the seams.

You are going to love the live hearings the committee has planned... You can grovel to defend the stuff they are going to show the American people... :ROFLMAO:

Given the way that these things work, probably both.
If the Committee stays on schedule and Republicans retake the House next Fall, any prosecution of major players will depend on Merrick Garland which doesn't appear too promising at the moment.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/05/politics/january-6-committee-2022-strategy/index.html

"Envisioned as prime-time broadcasts, some of those hearings would focus on the two months between the 2020 election and the January 6 riot and will likely include testimony from state election officials, as well as former top members of the Trump Justice Department.

"The hearings are expected to be followed by an interim report over the summer and a final report in the fall ahead of November's pivotal midterm elections.

"The goal will be to establish a definitive narrative about what happened on January 6 and propose legislative recommendations to prevent such an attack from happening again."

I'm very aware that a Dutch national Communist started the fire. How the Nazis used the event to slander and victimize all their political opposition and take total control was a travesty.

I'm very aware that many of the most violet leaders and instigators of Jan 6 are being given a pass and even protected by the FBI. The only logical conclusion is that they were on the payroll. How the Democrats are attempting to use the event to slander and victimize all their political opposition is a travesty.

It could be argued that the Reichstag Fire was not a false flag, it's getting harder every day to say the same about Jan 6. But either way: the way the Nazis used Reichstag and the way Democrats ate using Jan 6 is identical.

I noticed the logical fallacy you posted. You wrote, "The only logical conclusion is that ..."
That's to say that your imagination guides your thinking more than the facts do.
How can you eliminate other possibilities that could explain his motives and actions? We decide these matters with facts, not suppositions. I could speculate all day and not draw a conclusion.
Wishes, hopes, are not facts, even just because it seems to make sense doesn't prove anything at all.
I have seen all the videos you have, and I've seen all the news reports and they all do the same thing. No facts, just lots of guesses that appeal to unthinking trump supporters.

The Roy Epps story is a big fat CT that is intended to deflect blame from trump.

So when the GOP takes over the house they can declare every investigation partisan and tell the committee to shove the subpoena and you will be here supporting them?
Of course, the GOP won't stop every investigation. They'll have to investigate "Benghazi", "Clinton's eMails", and "Obama's legal right to have been President".

Back
Top Bottom