• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Irony of Michelle Obama

Her campaign started the rumor in 2008.

You said SHE said it so now you are back peddling. Typical dishonest post from you as usual. She did not say anything about it. You’ve proven me right again that trump supporters post dishonesty.

Her campaign started the rumor in 2008.

Did Donald Trump push the birther conspiracy: yes or no? The answer is yes. He brought that conspiracy to the forefront, and he's a piece of **** for doing it.

Yes, she did.

Hillary's camp (not Hillary) started to put out there Obama's "otherness" and contrasted that with Hillary's solid American-ness, when her chances of winning the primary election started flagging. It was Obama's own literary bio that stated he was born in Kenya, and that bio stood uncorrected for 16 years.

I didn't say she said jack ****. I said she started the narrative.

Hillary's camp (not Hillary) started to put out there Obama's "otherness" and contrasted that with Hillary's solid American-ness, when her chances of winning the primary election started flagging. It was Obama's own literary bio that stated he was born in Kenya, and that bio stood uncorrected for 16 years.

President Santa Clause from Kenya!

I have just read that Ms. Michelle writes in her book that she tried NOT to smile at the inauguration of President-elect Trump.

She reportedly was distressed by the lack of "diversity" up there on the platform.

Everyone (including me) is confident that s/he knows exactly what kind of person she is.

And no amount of "debate" will change anyone's mind.

No, from the ACTUAL FACTS as they happened:

“The idea of going after Obama’s otherness dates back to the last presidential election — and to Democrats,” Bloomberg News reported. “Long before Trump started in, Hillary Clinton’s chief strategist, Mark Penn, recognized this potential vulnerability in Obama and sought to exploit it.

<SNIP>

But that doesn’t stand in the way of the mainstream news media trying to rewrite history.

<SNIP>

To whose truth are we talking? Apparently, only the one the Clinton team has signed off on.

No...this is not the truth. And it is most certainly you who is re-writing the history, which is actually a long-held conservative tactic about everything and anything, but I digress. This is the truth. You may also look here.

- August 2004: Andy Martin, a Republican, distributed a press release during the Illinois race stating that Barack Obama "is a Muslim who has concealed his religion." This was picked up by right-wing media outlets, but was dropped after Obama was elected to the Senate.

- April 2008: Supporters of Hillary Clinton reignited the moron theory and circulated an email suggesting that Obama was born in Kenya. This was not used in her campaign because neither the campaign nor Clinton trafficked in it. But this was picked up by right-wing media outlets...again.

- June 2008: Obama released a copy of his birth certificate, in which "birthers" went on to play obtuse games and demanded to see the full original.

- October 4, 2008: Sarah Palin declared that Obama was "palling around with terrorists," which was the first time the McCain campaign, rather than just the wider conservative community, questioned Obama’s patriotism; and certainly fed into the whole "birther" nonsense.

- October 5, 2008: Sean Hannity hosted Andy Martin, in which Martin baselessly claimed that Obama's work as a community organizer was "training for a radical overthrow of the government" and created a close ideological relationship with Bill Ayres.

- October 11, 2008: A voter at a campaign rally for John McCain told McCain that Obama is “an Arab”. McCain tells her she is wrong.

- November 2008: After Obama was elected President, lawsuits challenging his eligibility were filed around the country.

- August 2009: Orly Taitz, a prominent "birther," released a Kenyan birth certificate that was an obvious fake.

- December 2009: Palin, said that it was "fair game" to question Obama’s birth because she thinks that "the public rightfully is still making it an issue.

- March 2011: Donald Trump reignited the issue.

- April 2011: Obama released the long form of his birth certificate and a poll found that 43% of Republican voters still chose to believe that Obama was born abroad. Another 22% declared that they didn't know where he was born.

- October 2016: At a whopping and highly pathetic 72%, the majority of Republicans still doubted Obama's citizenship.

- November 2016: Trump, one of the original "birthers," was elected President.

So, for you to declare that this all began with Clinton, despite it actually beginning with Martin, despite her campaign not running with it, and despite the right-wing and conservative/Republican voices running it through weak-minded conservative brains for years and years....is not "truth." It is a lie.

Last edited:
Believe what you want, I am not trying to convince you otherwise. And Paul Ryan? Screw him.

I will believe fact and truth. You believe what you want, which his clearly only that which satisfies your own partisan nonsense. Fiction is always more satisfying to those who find facts an inconvenience.

You sure took the bait on that one.

The entire OP article is basically a complaint about the media, and as such right wing commentary have all collectively decided it is today's reason to be outraged.

It is pretty ridiculous to complain about the safety of her kids being Trump's fault. Every president in office has to worry about the safety of their kids whether Trump is president or not. But, I understand she's in this to sell books. Trump has to worry about the safety of his kids too from the kooky leftists who already tried to kill Republicans at the baseball game.

I have just read that Ms. Michelle writes in her book that she tried NOT to smile at the inauguration of President-elect Trump.

She reportedly was distressed by the lack of "diversity" up there on the platform.

Everyone (including me) is confident that s/he knows exactly what kind of person she is.

And no amount of "debate" will change anyone's mind.
MO is constantly commenting on "white folk" and seems to have deep resentment issues.

I will believe fact and truth. You believe what you want, which his clearly only that which satisfies your own partisan nonsense. Fiction is always more satisfying to those who find facts an inconvenience.

Look in a mirror, you are just as partisan. Worry about the politics in London.

MO is constantly commenting on "white folk" and seems to have deep resentment issues.

Seems? The pig is the most blatant racist on the entire planet.

I didn't say she said jack ****. I said she started the narrative.

Um, no, she absolutely did not...

- August 2004: Andy Martin, a Republican, distributed a press release during the Illinois race stating that Barack Obama "is a Muslim who has concealed his religion." This was picked up by right-wing media outlets, but was dropped after Obama was elected to the Senate.

- April 2008: Supporters of Hillary Clinton reignited the moron theory and circulated an email suggesting that Obama was born in Kenya. This was not used in her campaign because neither the campaign nor Clinton trafficked in it. But this was picked up by right-wing media outlets...again.

From here, the "birther" movement was almost entirely right-wing as Republican leaders and right-wing media outlets fed it non-stop to people such as yourself during the campaign and for years afterwards.

But this illustrates how so irrational the lot of you are. On the one hand you cherish a seething and irrational hatred for Hillary Clinton to such an alarming degree that it is obsession. Yet at the same time, you desire not to own your past, thus you declare that Hilary started it, DESPITE the well known facts. But in order to cast all of this absurdity off into Clinton land, it means that the conservative base was so feeble minded that you quite willingly allowed Hillary Clinton to pull your strings for years and years.

This is what happens when people embrace a culture of irrationality and constantly have to rewrote or avoid the facts of their own history in order to maintain the illusions.

Last edited:
Um, no, she absolutely did not...

From here, the "birther" movement was almost entirely right-wing as Republican leaders and right-wing media outlets fed it non-stop to people such as yourself during the campaign and for years afterwards.

But this illustrates how so irrational the lot of you are. On the one hand you cherish a seething and irrational hatred for Hillary Clinton to such an alarming degree that it is obsession. Yet at the same time, you desire not to own your past, thus you declare that Hilary started it this, despite the facts. But in order to cast all of this absurdity off into Clinton land, it means that the conservative base was so feeble minded that you quite willingly allowed Hillary Clinton to pulling your strings for years and years.

You won't convince me! Plus, I believe he is from Kenya, Michelle is a man, their kids are adopted, and all the other negative things attributed to the communist muzzie! So stick that in your crack pipe and smoke it! :)

The irony of Michelle Obama.

I suppose.....like everyone else in politics, or in any way connected to the White House who became overnight authors, Trump just have to be in Michelle's book!

So she goes around promoting her new book. The media took some of her pot shot at Trump (of course)....and quoted her statement about him. However.....this one about her worrying about the safety of her kids, makes me scratch my head.

Trump's questioning Obama's birth is OLD NEWS!
Didn't Trump reluctantly agree in 2016, that Obama was born in the USA?

So, why's Michelle bringing this up again?

Lol. What if someone with an unstable mind happen to see her in the news today (promoting her book), and see her being quoted in various media? She's in every news channel! I've seen her quoted statement below, twice, in just an hour!

https://www.lifenews.com/2018/11/09...ves-who-support-trump-as-wing-nuts-and-kooks/

Of course, supporters of Dems had all exclaimed WOW! and Bravo!
Anyone who bought into her drama have missed something.......of course.

What if that person went looking for our girls?

Didn't she just give them an idea? bringing up an old issue (which didn't have any kook come looking for her girls).....

If a kook comes looking for her girls now, where do you think that seed of idea came from - Trump or Michelle?

MICHELLE! doh?

We see a lot of political loonies coming out recently compared to 2016. And yet, here she comes out now
- with her book!

Michelle's more interested to promote her book, and looks like using Trump......... and, her girls...... to sensationalize her book, doesn't give her any concern for their safety.

Talk about crap.

Are you so upset because she's not wrong? Birtherism was very mean spirited and dangerous attack.

As a wife and mother, I would be incensed at someone attacking my husband with those kind of innuendos.

You won't convince me! Plus, I believe he is from Kenya, Michelle is a man, their kids are adopted, and all the other negative things attributed to the communist muzzie! So stick that in your crack pipe and smoke it! :)

Yes, the rational mind clearly at work. Not a good way to start your reputation here. You are clearly not here to discuss anything that doesn't feed into your own venom and ignorance. Pointless.

Last edited:
Yes, the rational mind clearly at work. Not a good way to start your reputation here. You are clearly not here to discuss anything that doesn't feed into your own venom and ignorance. Pointless.

Most was tongue in cheek, but yeah, I feel the same way...pointless. Also, why should I care about my reputation on a political forum on the Internet. I am not trying to win anyone over. If my opinions make others mad, oh well.

Are you so upset because she's not wrong? Birtherism was very mean spirited and dangerous attack.

As a wife and mother, I would be incensed at someone attacking my husband with those kind of innuendos.

No doubt as FLOTUSes, they have to grow thick skin and grin and bear a lot.
eta: On the whole, the Obama girls were left alone. I think the Trumps are enduring far worse.

Back
Top Bottom