• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The irony of Helen Reddy's anthem.

screenwriter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
RIP Helen Reddy singer of the feminist anthem "I Am Woman".

Particular attention to the verse:

I am woman watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
But I'm still an embryo
With a long, long way to go
Until I make my brother understand

Ironic - the fact that the feminist anthem includes a reference to women being an "embryo". There was a time when humans didn't deny science and understood that the embryo is part of the life cycle of a human being. Today, they are called "parasites".

I am woman watch me grow
But I'm still an embryo

Ironic - the fact that the feminist anthem includes a reference to women being an "embryo". There was a time when humans didn't deny science and understood that the embryo is part of the life cycle of a human being. Today, they are called "parasites".

That’s how science works: you broaden your understanding of the universe and life, and can put different ideas into different contexts.

Like being pro life and supporting the death penalty and war. Being Christian and rooting on children in cages.

Okay, those last two are totally ****ed up. Completely contradictory.

There was a time when humans didn't deny science and understood that the embryo is part of the life cycle of a human being. Today, they are called "parasites".
Lol! A sperm is part of the "life cycle" of a human being. So is an Egg. I guess masturbation is genocide.

By the way, if you can shoot someone for invading your home why can't you kill someone for invading your body?

I am woman watch me grow
But I'm still an embryo

I dont think most people are unfamiliar with the stages of the human life cycle. OTOH, if you knew the definition of 'parasite,' I dont know why you're objecting? It's scientifically correct :rolleyes: Are you discussing science or your personal feelings on the word?

Science is objective....humans are no different from any other animal, no stage of mammals before birth is of more or less value than any after. It applies no value at all.

Does that mean we cant kill any life? Of any other animals? If you want to use science for the basis of your argument...please answer that.

Otherwise, why do you make a distinction for humans? Please explain.

Lol! A sperm is part of the "life cycle" of a human being. So is an Egg. I guess masturbation is genocide.

Now I understand. All this time I thought you were a person, now I realize I have only been debating with either a sperm or an egg.

I am woman watch me grow
But I'm still an embryo

At the time, many feminists did object to her using that word. Nevertheless, it's still a great song.

I am woman watch me grow
But I'm still an embryo

It was a song, not a biology lesson. Ever hear of artistic expression?

By the way, if you can shoot someone for invading your home why can't you kill someone for invading your body?
You have to admit that

"I am still a spermatazoa
With a long long way to go-a''

Is not as catchy.

There was a time when humans didn't deny science and understood that the embryo is part of the life cycle of a human being. Today, they are called "parasites".
Show me one instance where someone has said it isn't.
I never received a response from him on my post regarding 'science.' 🤷

You have to admit that

Is not as catchy.

Science isn't your strong suit - is it? Until sperm meets egg - the life cycle has not begun.

Abortion - Darwin's right hand man.

Science isn't your strong suit - is it? Until sperm meets egg - the life cycle has not begun. Abortion - Darwin's right hand man.

You can believe whatever you want about abortion. However, it doesn't make your beliefs "facts." Abortion is still a medical procedure to abort an unwanted pregnancy. And a woman can still choose to have one if she doesn't want to stay pregnant and give birth.

A sperm or an egg are building block. A fertilized egg is a growing individual with unique DNA.

Are you saying that the baby in the womb is an invader? Sounds like a science fiction movie understanding of pregnancy.

You have to admit that

Is not as catchy.

Don't sell yourself short! That's very catchy!

Science isn't your strong suit - is it? Until sperm meets egg - the life cycle has not begun.

Abortion - Darwin's right hand man.

Right hand MAN?

Now you're just waving a red flag in front of the bull. ;)

Are you saying that the baby in the womb is an invader?

There's no "baby" until birth. And a woman can feel any way she wants to about an unwanted pregnancy, whether you agree with her perception or not.

Mr. Wonka said exactly that in post #4.

No, he did not. This is what he said:

He says nothing about an embryo.

There's no "baby" until birth. And a woman can feel any way she wants to about an unwanted pregnancy, whether you agree with her perception or not.

Everyone can feel any way they want about anything.

Everyone can feel any way they want about anything.

That's right. Including a woman's right to feel an unwanted pregnancy is an invader. Whether or not you like that feeling is irrelevant.

No, he did not. This is what he said:

He says nothing about an embryo.

That is corect.

He sees no difference between a sperm, an unfertilized egg and an embryo.

Back
Top Bottom