• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Inevitable Bursting of Sarah Palin's Media Bubble

What exact damage has Obama done to our country? Considering what he walked into? I feel he has done a pretty good job!

Yeah, if you're goal is to be Venezuela.

This complete embarassment of a president will be ridiculed for centuries.

Maybe I missed it, but the name "Barack Obama" wasn't on any ballot this year.

Yet he certainly did his damnedest to make it seem as though the name "George W. Bush" WAS.

Yet he certainly did his damnedest to make it seem as though the name "George W. Bush" WAS.

It appears you are flashing back to 2008.

It appears you are flashing back to 2008.

I wasn't. Obama was. I was supremely focused on the here and now and the disaster which have been the Obama presidency and particularly the Pelosi/Reid Congress.

If Bush entered YOUR mind in the voting booth, then I'd say you're projecting again.

from harshaw

If Bush entered YOUR mind in the voting booth, then I'd say you're projecting again.

Nobody said it did. I do not know why you make statements that you could not possibly have any information about.

Yeah, if you're goal is to be Venezuela.

This complete embarassment of a president will be ridiculed for centuries.

We've had a few of those Presidents already. And we won't get anything better until we take our heads out of our asses and actually think about what we are doing and who we are supporting. Palin would probably be worse than Obama. Obama is maybe even with Bush. Both are a far cry down from Clinton. God, I never thought I'd say that back in the day. I was sure Clinton was as bad as it was ever going to get. Then I got 12 years (well after Obama's first year) of worse. If we want to stop having embarrassing Presidents, we're going to have to go after a new class of people. And that ain't Palin.

from harshaw

Nobody said it did. I do not know why you make statements that you could not possibly have any information about.

Well, haymarket:

1) I said "if."

2) Your statement that I'm "flashing back to 2008" made no actual sense as a response to the statement I made, so I'm just having a little fun with you.

We've had a few of those Presidents already. And we won't get anything better until we take our heads out of our asses and actually think about what we are doing and who we are supporting. Palin would probably be worse than Obama. Obama is maybe even with Bush. Both are a far cry down from Clinton. God, I never thought I'd say that back in the day. I was sure Clinton was as bad as it was ever going to get. Then I got 12 years (well after Obama's first year) of worse. If we want to stop having embarrassing Presidents, we're going to have to go after a new class of people. And that ain't Palin.

Agreed entirely.

I sincerely hope that I was in the majority during the election and not you in the sense that I was thinking about the candidates who were actually on the ballot. That is the choice we were actually making.

I sincerely hope that I was in the majority during the election and not you in the sense that I was thinking about the candidates who were actually on the ballot. That is the choice we were actually making.

This is as lame as it was when haymarket said it, and it gets the same response:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-...rah-palins-media-bubble-3.html#post1059115503

Obama said many times that voters should be thinking about 2008 and who was in charge then. That's a fact.

The damage she can do to this country is ... immense. I would rather see the US prosper.

um, didn't you vote for President Obama? he of the let's-add-9-trillion-to-the-debt caucus?

Just so we're clear about what we're discussing, according to Obama's 2010 budget, the PLAN for the next 10 years is:

Spend 45 Trillion.
42% of which will be borrowed.
Raise the public debt to 90% of GDP; more than twice its current level.
and that's the PLAN. that's what he hopes happens.

and THAT plan is assuming that an economic boom is juuuuuust around the corner (we promise, it's coming ann-nny minute now...), which is supposed to create trillions in wealth and revenues. it's also assuming that Obamacare doesn't run over budget (as it is already doing), that huge - unspecified - cuts happen to discretionary spending, and that he can whittle out hundreds of billions in 'waste' (i'll give him a hint; start with the stimulus package).

Palin is rather unlikely, given her ideals, to do anything that is nearly as destructive as that.

but as i keep saying; go on, keep making fun of her for being a radical fool. i'll keep remembering 1978 and laauu-ghing :)

Last edited:
The damage she can do to this country is ... immense. I would rather see the US prosper.

That is my concern at least.

And how would she harm prosperity? The same way Christie is in Jersey?

Last edited:

Maybe so, but 37% said they were voting against Obama.
A smaller but significant number said they were voting for him.
His name was on the ballot whether or not anyone wants to admit it or not.

And how would she harm prosperity? The same way Christie is in Jersey?
She destroyed Alaska!!

1-Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governor's office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican's "Corrupt Bastards Club" (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits. The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing, "la la la la" (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country who has ever done anything similar.

2- Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called "ACES." Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested so Sarah told them, "Don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out." They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country who has done anything similar.

What Sarah Palin did for Alaska

You preach it girl! Go Sarah. All the way in 2012.... er... at least to the GOP Convention. ;)

from Harshaw directed at Paschendale

This is as lame as it was when haymarket said it, and it gets the same response:
OOOOh OOOOH OOOOh - you see what he did there? He called both of us lame in the same sentence. But please Paschendale, do not get offended by this. Harshaw has a great deal of anger and it comes out when somebody upsets his sense of what he willfully accepts as his own reality. Do as I do and just let it go. Serenity Now helps also. ;)

from Harshaw directed at Paschendale

OOOOh OOOOH OOOOh - you see what he did there? He called both of us lame in the same sentence. But please Paschendale, do not get offended by this. Harshaw has a great deal of anger and it comes out when somebody upsets his sense of what he willfully accepts as his own reality. Do as I do and just let it go. Serenity Now helps also. ;)

Ah. Back to the trolling and the ad homs.

So you DID NOT call both of us lame?

On your list of Fancy Latin Terms to Throw Around When You Have Nothing to Really Say, where does that fit in?

Nope. I called the statements lame.

And did that work when you used it in third grade as your excuse? The grade school I attended would have treated such a remark with a heavy slap across the face and the smart mouth would be picking themselves up off the floor. They then failed to keep pretending they were a fancy lawyer and the fine distinction was important.

But those were different times.

Last edited:
Have a nice day, haymarket.

its been a real peach so far.

Back
Top Bottom