• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The impeachment boils down to this.

His words did matter. He told them the election was stolen, that they had the power to take it back, and they could do that on Jan 6th by attacking the vote counting.

They believed him.

So if his words DID MATTER......why didn't the words HE SAID.....when it came to peacefully protest....matter?

I'd say that is a general consensus from a variety of circles......... BUT he could not do that on his own. Where did the coaching come from? WHO?

The fact remains he did the actual delivery ......... millions watched him do it.

They probably planned it online. The details will come out eventually, I'd guess.

His words matter. ALL his words matter....for weeks

Perfect, so you picked a side, tell me again then, how his words, go peacefully protest.....etc don't matter?

They probably planned it online. The details will come out eventually, I'd guess.

LOL Like you care about the details lmao. good one.

Not at all..... the argument is, if words matter then all words matter, if words don't matter, then no words matter....

You're not that naive.

Interesting.....to be honest, replacing Congress with people who are more interested in helping, than blaming and trying to stay in power is a good thing......but that's another discussion

Wow.

What, you think Congress is functioning as a body whose sole purpose is to help the citizens of the United States?

If person A says X and and person B interprets it as Y , where is A's liability for Y.

Traditionally , very little
It's looking the case is for impeachment isn't as strong as first thought.
Comments?
The impeachment boils down to this:

Trump is an easy mark given that he is a highly incompetent mafia boss. I am surprised he wasn't impeached more times.

What, you think Congress is functioning as a body whose sole purpose is to help the citizens of the United States?

I'd like to thank you for announcing what side you're on.

Perfect, so you picked a side, tell me again then, how his words, go peacefully protest.....etc don't matter?
Take back this government

You have to fight for it....etc

So if his words DID MATTER......why didn't the words HE SAID.....when it came to peacefully protest....matter?
Yea not like he didn't spend 2 months whipping these morons into a frenzy, telling them they had to stop the steal. Then throw a circle jerk rally in the shadow of the Capitol when congress was taking the last act to confirm the election. But hey, if he says the word peaceful at one time, everyone in DC must hear him and comply; forget those zipties guns and knives in your pocket.

Incorrect. Their purpose for being there was to attack the Capitol. i

Trump is an easy mark given that he is a highly incompetent mafia boss. I am surprised he wasn't impeached more times.
fair enough. But impeachment ultimately means nothing . Removal is quite different. This thread is about that.
Not what a TDS er like you wants, What can be the basis of a removal?
The case for actual incitement seems thin,
Can they overcome that?

Because he didn’t spend 2 months demanding peaceful protest.

Pretty much this....they are cheapning impeachment, because it's easy.

I'd like to thank you for announcing what side you're on.

What side is that, I'm curious, because it looks like to me, you avoided the question, do you think Congress is functioning the way its supposed to and helping the people?

Take back this government

You have to fight for it....etc

Yep, tell me, how many different ways are there to fight? And take back this government? Cmon, I can wait....

Because he didn’t spend 2 months demanding peaceful protest.

Ok, did he spend 2 months fighting for violent insurrection? If you think that, back it up, quotes etc....

Ok, did he spend 2 months fighting for violent insurrection? If you think that, back it up, quotes etc....

I already did. Your validation that you’ve lost the argument isn’t necessary.

I already did. Your validation that you’ve lost the argument isn’t necessary.

No, you haven't, what post# I will go back and check...

No, I don't.
Why wouldn't you need to? If this were an actual "criminal trial" there would be definitions, and there would be a failure to garner a conviction.

But it isnt, its a political mechanism plain and simple. People are mad as hell at Trump and they want him punished (by any means necessary)

Its subjective words over twitter ...
We all know there will be no conviction in the Senate, so is this all a waste of time?
IMO , yes it is.

fair enough. But impeachment ultimately means nothing . Removal is quite different. This thread is about that.
Not what a TDS er like you wants, What can be the basis of a removal?
The case for actual incitement seems thin,
Can they overcome that?
My own definition for impeachment in the case of Trump is one of pure incompetence.

Anyone chosen to run the nation (or even run a company) needs to be judged for competence in doing the job. Trump failed miserably. As such, he should be run out of office and in his case now that he is going to be out of office and impeachment is no longer going to get him out of office, then impeachment should be used as a future example to those that want to run for office and those (like you) that want to vote imcompetent people into office, that it is not a good idea if you are incompetent and that there are consequences to doing so.

Impeaching Trump is a really a signal to all for the future. As such, I don't need to overcome that. It is now done and in my opinion, "well done".

Back
Top Bottom