• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Immediate Future / My Prediction.

dragonslayer

Counselor
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Now that Obama has won the Election, starts the real battle. Every Republican will be in the business of discrediting Obama.

Republicans will do everything in their power to prevent the rebuilding of America, and they well blame it on Obama. Pure politics and our economy and our country will suffer.
The CEOs who were Bush and Cheney mentors will pay millions to companies and corporations to tell lies and deceive the American people. Under Bush our country was ruled by several large conglomerate corporations, and they don’t want to see the USA go back to being a Government of the People. Corporations hate democracy.

So expect and look forward to the lies, the deceit and pure BS that will flow from the right. Remember the Right Wing on has profits in mind for a few thousand people as it’s goal.

So all good Americans need to constantly be aware of this conspiracy to discredit Obama, and expect a lot lies and pure Bull sh*t from the right wing.

We need to prevent Bush from using Nuclear weapons while he is still in office. War means profits for Bush buddies and teachers.

Last edited:
Re: The Immeidiate Future / My Prediction.

You mean they might do what Democrats did for the last 8 years?

Democrats did not need to do it. The bush administration was and is it's own worst enemy. It will go down in American history as being pure evil.

I neighborhood kid that I know suggested that Bush and Cheney were actually aliens from Outer space. He could be right. the certainly have not acted like Americans.

Except that NOW, if you're an Obama dissenter, it's not because he's president, or because his policies are bad... it will be because he is black and you are a racist for questioning him.

- Don't want an expansion of the war?? Sign up for the military you racist
- Don't want gun confiscations?? Only a racist needs a gun, so give it up.
- Don't think a million man 'youth squads' / 'green squads' is a good idea?? What do you got against blacks??

Now that Obama has won the Election, starts the real battle. Every Republican will be in the business of discrediting Obama.

Republicans will do everything in their power to prevent the rebuilding of America, and they well blame it on Obama. Pure politics and our economy and our country will suffer.
The CEOs who were Bush and Cheney mentors will pay millions to companies and corporations to tell lies and deceive the American people. Under Bush our country was ruled by several large conglomerate corporations, and they don’t want to see the USA go back to being a Government of the People. Corporations hate democracy.

So expect and look forward to the lies, the deceit and pure BS that will flow from the right. Remember the Right Wing on has profits in mind for a few thousand people as it’s goal.

So all good Americans need to constantly be aware of this conspiracy to discredit Obama, and expect a lot lies and pure Bull sh*t from the right wing.

We need to prevent Bush from using Nuclear weapons while he is still in office. War means profits for Bush buddies and teachers.

Ahhh... more pure partisanship from the party of change! The failures haven't even begun and the excuses are already flying! The Dems have the White House and large majorities in both houses of Congress. But it's still going to be those pesky Republicans? WRONG. If the Dems fail, it's their own doing. Obama didn't campaign on change - only if he has a 60-seat majority.

You won the election. With that comes responsibility and the need for leadership. Lead away! The Dems will only have themselves to blame if or when they fail.

I neighborhood kid that I know suggested that Bush and Cheney were actually aliens from Outer space. He could be right. the certainly have not acted like Americans.

Now, I'm not going to argue this point as it's out of context; but I've seen a presentation from Micheal Tsarion where he ties the stories of 'atlantis' and other ancient myths to the story of the bible, and then connects that to the evils we see in the world today...

According to him, it's clear that human history has been shaped/guided by forces that are 'extra-terrestrial', but have cross-bred with humans at the time (+/- time where Neanderthal became modern man) and that those that are world leaders are simply their closest progeny.

That said, Michael Tsarion did make a good presentation, I still question where he came up with some of the ideas (in the area of 10-20% of the presentation caused a 'wtf did he get that idea from?' reaction from me).

Just to say, that kid on your street potentially (albeit a relative small potential) that he is correct.

*** I don't know if this is the case... as the 'proof' is questionable at best... I'm merely bringing this up to illustrate that there are those that believe that there is some sort of hidden truth behind the 'powers that be' ****

And how did that work for the country? Pretty terribly. I guess, now, it's conservatives turn to help liberals ruin things; the reverse was what we've had for the past 8 years. Sounds good, do everything you can to hurt the country because you're annoyed that you didn't win. :roll:

Ahhh... more pure partisanship from the party of change! The failures haven't even begun and the excuses are already flying! The Dems have the White House and large majorities in both houses of Congress. But it's still going to be those pesky Republicans? WRONG. If the Dems fail, it's their own doing. Obama didn't campaign on change - only if he has a 60-seat majority.

You won the election. With that comes responsibility and the need for leadership. Lead away! The Dems will only have themselves to blame if or when they fail.

Those pesky republicans will be working hard to undermine obama and the american people. The is the nature of pesky republicans. they certainly don't want the economy to recover under a pro-american regime.

More pure partisanship from the republican anti American party of economic and social ruin.

Jeez, you'd never think it from reading the post elections threads and posts on this board, would ya? Heh heh

Some one had to try to protect America during the last eight years. Certainly was not the bush government. Now that we have obama, the opposition will spend the next eight years trying to prevent the recovery of the USA economically and socially. We certainly don't want to have america prosperous under a demo government. Gosh Golly. Can you imagine people working again and paying taxes. Having the rich and the businesses doing their part? Good lord, us Republicans want death and destruction and profits for military based industry.

WE REPUBLICANS CHANT, GIVE US POLUTION, GIVE US WAR, GIVE US DEATH, GIVE US POVERTY, GIVE US ILLNESSES, GIVE US PAIN. WE ARE REPUBLICANS AND WE HAVE OUR NEEDS TOO. I AM PROUD TO BE A REPUBLICAN, AND I SAY DEATH TO DEMOCRATS.

And how did that work for the country? Pretty terribly. I guess, now, it's conservatives turn to help liberals ruin things; the reverse was what we've had for the past 8 years. Sounds good, do everything you can to hurt the country because you're annoyed that you didn't win. :roll:
My point exactly.

It will be difficult. He's golden.
Or perhaps I should say, he's Teflon-coated.
It's proven amazingly difficult to get any dirt to stick to him.
The media's on his side, for starters.
More to the point, mainstream America is on his side. We collectively want so badly for him to succeed that we'll overlook or happily forgive his inevitable minor failures.
People who try to sling mud at him will likely end up looking vindictive and despicable, much like Mccain and his more, ermm, vocal supporters looked, at the end of the race when it was becoming clear they would not win.

Discrediting Obama will be a really daunting task. I hope they're up for it.
He's a pretty sympathetic figure right now.

It will be difficult. He's golden.
Or perhaps I should say, he's Teflon-coated.
It's proven amazingly difficult to get any dirt to stick to him.
The media's on his side, for starters.
More to the point, mainstream America is on his side. We collectively want so badly for him to succeed that we'll overlook or happily forgive his inevitable minor failures.
People who try to sling mud at him will likely end up looking vindictive and despicable, much like Mccain and his more, ermm, vocal supporters looked, at the end of the race when it was becoming clear they would not win.

Discrediting Obama will be a really daunting task. I hope they're up for it.
He's a pretty sympathetic figure right now.

Plus he's inhereting such god-awful problems with the economy, budget and foreign policy from the outgoing administration I don't think any but the gang of five types are going to pin the blame on him. They'll try tho.

Some one had to try to protect America during the last eight years. Certainly was not the bush government. Now that we have obama, the opposition will spend the next eight years trying to prevent the recovery of the USA economically and socially. We certainly don't want to have america prosperous under a demo government. Gosh Golly. Can you imagine people working again and paying taxes. Having the rich and the businesses doing their part? Good lord, us Republicans want death and destruction and profits for military based industry.

WE REPUBLICANS CHANT, GIVE US POLUTION, GIVE US WAR, GIVE US DEATH, GIVE US POVERTY, GIVE US ILLNESSES, GIVE US PAIN. WE ARE REPUBLICANS AND WE HAVE OUR NEEDS TOO. I AM PROUD TO BE A REPUBLICAN, AND I SAY DEATH TO DEMOCRATS.

I, for the record am NOT repbulican and will still expose all these unpopular things that Obama claims he's going to do to 'save the country'...

ya, I don't even really want to argue the subject with you because you honestly believe that Obama's promise for change is going to be delievered in a worse way than you can imagine.

I'm sure every Republican in America is on his knees every day, praying for economic disaster, terror attacks, hurricanes--anything to hurt the Democrats. That's how much the Right love America.

I think that the new administration will be very "nervious" in the first 100 days. Obama will demand their best to show some "change" in this period of days.

Mistakes will be pointed by the nayers of Obama's policies, so this group will wait for the first moves in order to start criticizing.

I expect that the people will show some patience because Obama will ask for it, the change of the current status of the country won't be made in just few months.

I might give a suggestion to the new administration: to start with the easy tasks first, so, the Obama's people must be smart enough to make a good impression from the very beginning by "making leaks" of pictures released after two weeks showing the lobbyists waiting in the lines of the unemployment service offices...:lol:

I expect four years of blaming everything on Bush and four more years of the democrats avoiding any responsibility for anything.

I'm sure every Republican in America is on his knees every day, praying for economic disaster, terror attacks, hurricanes--anything to hurt the Democrats. That's how much the Right love America.

Except it was democrats talking about Obama's imminent 'test'once he becomes president where he will have to make 'tremendously unpopular decisions for the betterment of the US.' Democrats words, NOT MINE.

Right.

When Democrats did it, why, that was "patriotism."

When Republicans do it, it'll be because it's "evil."

You, my friend, are part of the very problem you claim to be railing against.

Plus he's inhereting such god-awful problems with the economy, budget and foreign policy from the outgoing administration I don't think any but the gang of five types are going to pin the blame on him. They'll try tho.

Yes, the excuse-making begins. Is he not The One?

Didn't the ocean levels begin to recede back in June, just at the very thought of him being the nominee? That's what I heard him say.

Yes, the excuse-making begins. Is he not The One?

Just the president.

Didn't the ocean levels begin to recede back in June, just at the very thought of him being the nominee? That's what I heard him say.

Where did you hear him say that? Is that what Rush is saying?

Just the president.

Where did you hear him say that? Is that what Rush is saying?

I guess you didn't hear his speech when Hillary dropped out and he became the presumptive nominee. Your problem, not mine. Perhaps you should pay more attention.

My prediction is that the economy will improve, unemployment will drop, and the Dems will be in power for a long time.
And the old guard of both parties will be put out to pasture....
I see the last few years as a major turning point in our history.
as Walt Kelly had Pogo say....

"We have met the enemy, and he is us".

Now that we know that, we can move forward...

I guess you didn't hear his speech when Hillary dropped out and he became the presumptive nominee. Your problem, not mine. Perhaps you should pay more attention.

I decline to accept your say so. Not my problem.

Right.

When Democrats did it, why, that was "patriotism."

When Republicans do it, it'll be because it's "evil."

You, my friend, are part of the very problem you claim to be railing against.

It's simple in the 'left-right' system.

When the left hand rises, left actions are patriotic, Right hands are evil.

When the right rises, the right actions are patriotic, and left hands are evil.

It's a total change of pace when you take a step back to see that the left-Right hands are just extensions of an enormous, evil AND unpatriotic machine designed to keep the population from getting beyond the debates presented by the left and right hands. A veritable magic act for the masses.

Back
Top Bottom