• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Immaculate Conception

I don't need a safe space. I'm not a mind-numbed liberal snowflake.

You love those liberal heretics you call scholars, don't you? I'll bet you've even warmed up to the liberal Bishop Shelby Spong's theological teachings too. You like his views, or haven't you bothered to read him?

Bishop Shelby Spong is pretty neat. I bet you go into a frenzied hysterical snowflake hissy fit if his name is even mentioned. :D Heretic! Heretic! Yap Yap.

Maybe I'll test that out later down the track.

Bishop Shelby Spong is pretty neat. I bet you go into a frenzied hysterical snowflake hissy fit if his name is even mentioned. :D Heretic! Heretic! Yap Yap.

Maybe I'll test that out later down the track.

Spong is good because he's trying to modernize Christianity, while the ones who hate him want to keep it the Dark Ages.

Spong is good because he's trying to modernize Christianity, while the ones who hate him want to keep it the Dark Ages.

People like Logicman drive more people away from Christianity/religion.

I'm heading towards 66. There is definately a decline in folks who are overly concerned with the alleged wrath of a sadistic God thingy tossing you into the oven, simply for not buying into bronze aged, extraordinary claims. That doesn't pass the smell test.

Man, are you guys lost.

You're not looking at scholarship with Spong. He's a worse heretic than Ehrman.

What's Wrong with Bishop Spong? Pretty much everything.

https://creation.com/whats-wrong-with-bishop-spong#9

Rescuing the Gospel from Bishop Spong

"Bishop Spong denies virtually everything about Jesus that orthodox Christianity has believed for the last two millennia. The virgin birth, the deity of Christ, the atoning death on the cross, the resurrection, the miracles, everything that would verify the biblical claims of Christ's authority and uniqueness are discounted..."

"What strikes me most about Bishop Spong is his arrogance. He belittles those who disagree with him and questions their sincerity, attributing orthodox views of morality to "irrational religious anger."{20} Unfortunately, Bishop Spong's rational Christianity would leave us with no Christianity at all."

That's your latest pet heretic.

People like Logicman drive more people away from Christianity/religion.

I try to drive them away from your twisted, corrupted, revisionist, watered-down, heretical version of Biblical Theology - you know - the one that sends people to Hell.

I'm heading towards 66. There is definately a decline in folks who are overly concerned with the alleged wrath of a sadistic God thingy tossing you into the oven, simply for not buying into bronze aged, extraordinary claims. That doesn't pass the smell test.

What doesn't pass the smell test is your twisted view of God.

Like I've said before, if it wasn't for the Biblical God, you wouldn't even be breathing. And that's a fact.

What doesn't pass the smell test is your twisted view of God.

Like I've said before, if it wasn't for the Biblical God, you wouldn't even be breathing. And that's a fact.

What twisted view of God are you talking about ?

Accusations of heresy are laughable. All believers in any religion are wrong because no religions are based on anything true. Heretics just hold a minority false belief within a majority false belief. They are all wrong, but in different ways. It's just another demonstration of the ridiculousness of organized religions and their silly, non consequential doctrines. Beliefs are no indicator of character, only behavior is. That is all that matters in human interaction. Orthodoxy in religion is meaningless.

Accusations of heresy are laughable. All believers in any religion are wrong because no religions are based on anything true. Heretics just hold a minority false belief within a majority false belief. They are all wrong, but in different ways. It's just another demonstration of the ridiculousness of organized religions and their silly, non consequential doctrines. Beliefs are no indicator of character, only behavior is. That is all that matters in human interaction. Orthodoxy in religion is meaningless.

Look at post $181..That is just laughable.

I try to drive them away from your twisted, corrupted, revisionist, watered-down, heretical version of Biblical Theology - you know - the one that sends people to Hell.

You should just focus on your own non existent soul. It isn't your concern who will be sent to some make believe punishment place. If your fake god sends people to fake hell for not believing according to your particular view of orthodoxy then your fake god is pathetic and I welcome my inevitable condemnation by this fake god who has nothing better to do with its time then keep track of how orthodox all our beliefs are.

Bishop Spong. Bishop Spong. Bishop Spong.

Man, are you guys lost.

"Bishop Spong denies virtually everything about Jesus that orthodox Christianity has believed for the last two millennia. The virgin birth, the deity of Christ, the atoning death on the cross, the resurrection, the miracles, everything that would verify the biblical claims of Christ's authority and uniqueness are discounted..."

"What strikes me most about Bishop Spong is his arrogance. He belittles those who disagree with him and questions their sincerity, attributing orthodox views of morality to "irrational religious anger."{20} Unfortunately, Bishop Spong's rational Christianity would leave us with no Christianity at all."

Heretic! Heretic! Fundamentalist snowflake meltdown!

Hysterical. :D

You should just focus on your own non existent soul. It isn't your concern who will be sent to some make believe punishment place. If your fake god sends people to fake hell for not believing according to your particular view of orthodoxy then your fake god is pathetic and I welcome my inevitable condemnation by this fake god who has nothing better to do with its time then keep track of how orthodox all our beliefs are.

I don't take advice from non-believers who haven't done their homework.

Man, are you guys lost.

LOL Spong is correct and your silly blogs are just silly rantings. The virgin birth is impossible, and the divinity of Jesus was decided upon by vote in 325 AD. So he is speaking from fact.

LOL Spong is correct and your silly blogs are just silly rantings. The virgin birth is impossible, and the divinity of Jesus was decided upon by vote in 325 AD. So he is speaking from fact.

I find that he's willingness to have a Young Earth creationist source (Creation ministries international). and a fake university web site for his answers.

In your dreams.

Heretic? Are we back in the Middle Ages?

Back
Top Bottom