• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Immaculate Conception

Your ignorance in this matter is noted, gentlemen. The Immaculate Conception does not refer to Mary's pregnancy, but to Mary's mother's pregnancy. It refers to Mary's having been conceived without original sin. Remember this thread and your posts next time the smart aleck in you rises.

Oh gosh, I automatically just reached for my long gone Catholic rosary beads and started chanting: "Hail Mary full of grace...."
Decades later. That's what brainwashing at an early age does to you. But I'm recovering.

Here you go. A link to catholic.com for others not familiar with Catholic dogma

https://www.catholic.com/tract/immaculate-conception-and-assumption

Last edited:
Well LM, I can tell ya what the Bible has to say about it...

“Well then, sin entered the world through one man, and through sin death, and thus death has spread through the whole human race because everyone has sinned.” Romans 5:12

The Bible tells us that in accord with the requirement of the Mosaic Law, 40 days after Jesus’ birth Mary offered at the temple in Jerusalem a sin offering for purification from uncleanness so she, too, had inherited sin and imperfection from Adam...Luke 2:22-24; Leviticus 12:1-8....

Ok, so it sounds like she gained the 'original sin' back again after the birth according to that?

But if Mary was free from "Original Sin" before the Immaculate Conception, did that mean she didn't experience pain during childbirth? After all, that was one of the 'punishments' for the Eve's 'Original Sin' was it not?

Or is that not part of your beliefs, Elvira? Asking sincerely here as I'm not all that familiar with JW beliefs.

Last edited:
Oh gosh, I automatically just reached for my long gone Catholic rosary beads and started chanting: "Hail Mary full of grace...."
Decades later. That's what brainwashing at an early age does to you. But I'm recovering.

Here you go. A link to catholic.com for others not familiar with Catholic dogma

https://www.catholic.com/tract/immaculate-conception-and-assumption

First thing that popped up when I clicked the link was a donation area. I was 1/2 way to my wallet to get a c/c then noticed I was running low on wine. tough call

So if Mary was free from "Original Sin", did that mean she didn't experience pain during childbirth? After all, that was one of the 'punishments' for the Eve's 'Original Sin' was it not?

Or is that not part of your beliefs, Elvira? Asking sincerely here as I'm not all that familiar with JW beliefs.

That is my understanding, Q...if Mary had been free of sin, she would not have felt the pangs of childbirth...now, as a general rule, the imperfect functioning of the body would bring pain, as Genesis 3:16 brings out...I do not believe in immaculate conception because of the scriptures I cited earlier...Mary was born imperfect/sinful, just as everyone else has been since Cain and Abel...

first thing that popped up when i clicked the link was a donation area. I was 1/2 way to my wallet to get a c/c then noticed i was running low on wine. Tough call

Hahahah! *splutter!!!!*

In Australia, we have Catholic clubs full of poker machines. They also sell wine, beer and... spirits.

Last edited:
That is my understanding, Q...if Mary had been free of sin, she would not have felt the pangs of childbirth...now, as a general rule, the imperfect functioning of the body would bring pain, as Genesis 3:16 brings out...I do not believe in immaculate conception because of the scriptures I cited earlier...Mary was born imperfect/sinful, just as everyone else has been since Cain and Abel...

Thanks Elvira.

Hahahah! *splutter!!!!*

In Australia, we have Catholic Clubs full of poker machines, selling wine, beer and... spirits.

Over here in the U.S. we have another major sex abuse scandal and on going cover up in Pennsylvania and Boston all over the news.

Over here in the U.S. we have another major sex abuse scandal and on going cover up in Pennsylvania and Boston all over the news.

We're just completing a Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse which has taken several years as so many people came forward with their stories of abuse. Really heartbreaking stuff.

We've also got Cardinal George Pell- a big wig with the Vatican.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ell-removed-from-inner-circle-by-pope-francis

Thankfully the old bastard is being prosecuted at last.

Jesus had to be 100% human? With the Holy Spirit (God) conceiving the child in the womb? Nope. God was his father. Mary, a human, his mother.

So Jesus was half-human/half God then according to your beliefs?

We're just completing a Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse which has taken several years as so many people came forward with their stories of abuse. Really heartbreaking stuff.

We've also got Cardinal George Pell- a big wig with the Vatican.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ell-removed-from-inner-circle-by-pope-francis

Thankfully the old bastard is being prosecuted at last.

Damn. He must be in big trouble. Another donation thing popped up. Legal fees maybe ?

Fair to to say we don't know what the DNA would reveal?

It's a shame the Shroud of Turin is a fake, otherwise some DNA samples would have been possible?

(If Jesus actually existed in real life rather than scripture/stories- but I'm suspending my lack of belief for this thread.)

Jesus had to be 100% human? With the Holy Spirit (God) conceiving the child in the womb? Nope. God was his father. Mary, a human, his mother.

Who do you think Adam's father was...Jehovah God...one perfect human life for another perfect human life...

It's a shame the Shroud of Turin is a fake, otherwise some DNA samples would have been possible?

(If Jesus actually existed in real life rather than scripture/stories- but I'm suspending my lack of belief for this thread.)

Shroud of Turin Fallacy ?

Who do you think Adam's father was...Jehovah God...one perfect human life for another perfect human life...

The Holy Spirit who was instrumental in the conception was no human.

Almost sounds quasi-centaurish.

Yes, but supposedly YHWH made men in his own image. And women too. A little awkward. When we were little, my twin sister and I used to think God was actually a set of brother and sister twins like we were, because we were both supposedly made in God's image. She was the first of us to ask "if God was male, did he have a penis? And if he did, what did he use it for?" It cracked me up, then made me go hmmmm... as a kid. We didn't actually know too much about sex at that age. Damn her, she tricked me into asking that question of one of the nuns in school and I was made to sit in the dunce's corner for a day. :mrgreen:

The Holy Spirit who was instrumental in the conception was no human.

But Jesus was human...otherwise his sacrifice would have meant nothing...Jesus as a perfect man, “the last Adam”, was the only human capable of providing the redemption price for Adam’s unborn offspring....that is what a corresponding sacrifice is...

What did the scripture say? Do you know?

Haven't you learnt yet that people often cherry-pick whatever they want from the Bible and make scripture fit whatever they want?
I asked about your beliefs, not what's in the Bible.

Yes, but supposedly YHWH made men in his own image. And women too. A little awkward. When we were little, my twin sister and I used to think God was actually a set of brother and sister twins like we were, because we were both supposedly made in God's image. She was the first of us to ask "if God was male, did he have a penis? And if he did, what did he use it for?" It cracked me up, then made me go hmmmm... as a kid. Damn her, she tricked me into asking that question of one of the nuns in school and I was made to sit in the dunce's corner for a day. :mrgreen:
Don't feel to badly...I got booted from my own Lutheran confirmation. took a recess, dad bribed me a little to keep mom happy, and I got a do-over and 'took one for the gipper' to keep the family peace.

Back
Top Bottom