• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The illegal Downing Street Christmas Party

It seems it was happening every Friday..... so we are talking 50+ now.

17 officially documented or 50+ rumoured - the guy is a clown and taking us for idiots by claiming he knew nothing about the late nights and boozy parties joining on at his premises.

17 officially documented or 50+ rumoured - the guy is a clown and taking us for idiots by claiming he knew nothing about the late nights and boozy parties joining on at his premises.
To be fair... I know nothing about the wild boar having sex in my garden several times a year here...... because I have not seen it. Heard it yep.. but not seeing it means it did not happen! And that my garden is full of holes and dug up, is just "natural".

Come to enjoy the mess you wanted to push onto us when you were Boris' number one overseas supporter during Brexit? We told you the guy was a buffoon and a liar and all he's done is reveal that.
Even to the extent of apologising to the Queen today.
Boris is the best UK PM since Thatcher, and he does a wonderful job.

So what if he attended a little party? Give him a break. This is all just a tempest in a teapot. Churchill dined on steak and lobster with champagne during rationing and the Blitz.

So what if he attended a little party? Give him a break. This is all just a tempest in a teapot. Churchill dined on steak and lobster with champagne during rationing and the Blitz.
Well you did prove me wrong by coming back after being Boris and Brexit's biggest cheerleader when I wondered where you were in this post

Tell me, just what is it about Boris that makes you liken him to Churchill? Churchill was the Queen's favourite and I doubt he ever disgraced himself so often or had to apologise as Johnson has had to.

The leader of Sheffield City You nail left her role in Govt cabinet office with a leaving do - again during strict lockdown and is now facing calls to resign from her new job in Sheffield.

_122720156_0b6812fb-5aeb-4715-8029-55cdcd184f4a.jpg

Pic above - the day after her leaving party.

Seems everyone has had the integrity previously to resign except Boris who lied from December onwards about knowing what was going on for over a year on an almost weekly basis at his residences.

So because one guy did it 70 years ago, and it was illegal back then as well.. then it is okay for Boris and Co to break their own rules now?

So because one guy did it 70 years ago, and it was illegal back then as well.. then it is okay for Boris and Co to break their own rules now?

I think there's also quite a difference.

Steak / Lobster / Champagne imply they have already been produced / slaughtered. As I read it, the Babbacombe Bay lobster was caught anyway and regularly sent to London by the Cary Arms hotel in Devon.

You could argue Churchill should have sent the gifts to underlings or even asked the Cary Arms to donate the food to locals in Devon and I agree there.

I think there's also quite a difference.

Steak / Lobster / Champagne imply they have already been produced / slaughtered. As I read it, the Babbacombe Bay lobster was caught anyway and regularly sent to London by the Cary Arms hotel in Devon.

You could argue Churchill should have sent the gifts to underlings or even asked the Cary Arms to donate the food to locals in Devon and I agree there.
Not the freaking point. Bringing in Churchills drinking and food habits from 70+ years ago is nothing, but a distraction from the current situation and a lame excuse to justify near criminal behaviour by a sitting Prime Minister and government.

And why should the breaking of rules by one PM, regardless of stature, be a reason for justifying that another PM should be excused for breaking rules?

Does that mean if we find out that a former PM was a rapist, then from now on that all PMs can rape women and men and get away with it? Of course not.

Not the freaking point. Bringing in Churchills drinking and food habits from 70+ years ago is nothing, but a distraction from the current situation and a lame excuse to justify near criminal behaviour by a sitting Prime Minister and government.

And why should the breaking of rules by one PM, regardless of stature, be a reason for justifying that another PM should be excused for breaking rules?

Does that mean if we find out that a former PM was a rapist, then from now on that all PMs can rape women and men and get away with it? Of course not.

Koff-I-quoted-the-wrong-person-koff-koff

Well you did prove me wrong by coming back after being Boris and Brexit's biggest cheerleader when I wondered where you were in this post
LOL I always prove you wrong so its not a surprise now is it?

Tell me, just what is it about Boris that makes you liken him to Churchill? Churchill was the Queen's favourite and I doubt he ever disgraced himself so often or had to apologise as Johnson has had to.

You need to study your history because Churchill got away with so many things compared to what Boris has done today.

Let's face it, the only reason why you and the other EUphiles hate Boris is because he managed to get Britain out of the fascist EU. So you start making a huge brouhaha over something as insignificant as a Christmas party to demand his resignation, which is just silly.

Everyone has broken these silly covid rules at one form or another, so youre making a mountain out of a molehill.

There's TDS and there's BDS (Boris Derangement Syndrome), and the EUphiles have got the latter.

LOL I always prove you wrong so its not a surprise now is it?

You need to study your history because Churchill got away with so many things compared to what Boris has done today.

Let's face it, the only reason why you and the other EUphiles hate Boris is because he managed to get Britain out of the fascist EU. So you start making a huge brouhaha over something as insignificant as a Christmas party to demand his resignation, which is just silly.

Everyone has broken these silly covid rules at one form or another, so youre making a mountain out of a molehill.

There's TDS and there's BDS (Boris Derangement Syndrome), and the EUphiles have got the latter.
Bless.
'Young Winston' was a decent enough film about a guy who did stuff.
The highlights of 'Young Boris' would be him boasting about skiving off homework and menacing an ex-girlfriend.

1. he is a terrible PM, he may not be the worst but he is objectively horrendous.
2. a little party? The Queen was in solitude to mourn and bury her husband and they were partying in his office? Breaking covid rules. And they broke covid rules time and time again, people were buried or cremated with next to no-one allowed to attend the funeral due to Boris's own implemented covid rules but he and his idiot bunch seem to think they are above the law. Fact is that this is not a storm in a tea glass but an insult to all the hard working people, the families of people who died during the covid pandemic and those who were not able to help and care for sick and dying family members. Your disdain for human suffering and your doffing your cap to some idiot in Nr. 10 shows you are completely out of touch with reality and the public opinion in the England (and in the UK).

I always prove you wrong

🤣 that’s the first time you’ve ever done it and it’s not even in a good way.

Churchill got away with so many things compared to what Boris has done

Churchill was saving the UK and Western Europe while he was at it… he paid the penalty for other mistakes when he was younger.

the only reason why you and the other EUphiles hate Boris is because

1) the lying

2) the incompetence

3) insulting the Queen for which he’s had to grovel and apologise.

4) Breaking the very same rules that he set and asked us all to follow.

something as insignificant as a Christmas party

so why are the Brexiters also asking him to step down?

Everyone has broken these silly covid rules

it’s different when you were the one who makes the rules, people have lost loved ones or had to pay steep fines or other punishments. The basic principle applies however whether it is coronavirus or Petty theft for example - you can’t make an enforced rule and ask everybody to live by it and then break that rule yourself in a democracy.

"Nobody warned me that it was against the rules," the prime minister said, adding: "I would have remembered that."
Former aide Dominic Cummings says he warned Mr Johnson at the time, and has accused him of misleading MPs about it.

Now Boris is claiming that he didn’t know the rules that he was speaking to us every night on TV were about to be broken by his illegally attending one of the many parties held at his residence throughout lockdown.

Now Boris is claiming that he didn’t know the rules that he was speaking to us every night on TV were about to be broken by his illegally attending one of the many parties held at his residence throughout lockdown.
Dun dun, I don't know the rules my government made, I have a teflon hat, dun dun.

Boris really has adopted a disgracefully cavalier attitude to his classical studies . . . Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility (and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the School for next half): I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.”

don’t know if it’s true or not, but that attributed to one of his teachers from Eton in a 1982 school report to Boris’ father.

The epic failure of Boris is easily shown by the fact that we are in a reasonably strict lock down, our covid numbers might be reasonably high, but because we do a lot to make sure the hospitals are as protected as is possible, it makes our death figures almost nothing.

This year, in the first 18 days the UK lost 3,885 lives and had a boatload of hospitalizations

This year in the first 18 days the Netherlands lost 244 lives and our hospitals are emptying at the moment of covid patients.

Now it is undeniable, the UK has just under 4 times the population of the Netherlands but it has 16 times the number of deaths as the Netherlands has, taking in account the population difference that still makes 4 times as many deaths as the Netherlands.

If people think that killing off 4 times as many citizens as one of your closest neighbors is a sign of the best prime minister since Thatcher, well then wow, that is just utter nonsense.

The epic failure of Boris is easily shown by the fact that we are in a reasonably strict lock down, our covid numbers might be reasonably high, but because we do a lot to make sure the hospitals are as protected as is possible, it makes our death figures almost nothing.

This year, in the first 18 days the UK lost 3,885 lives and had a boatload of hospitalizations

This year in the first 18 days the Netherlands lost 244 lives and our hospitals are emptying at the moment of covid patients.

Now it is undeniable, the UK has just under 4 times the population of the Netherlands but it has 16 times the number of deaths as the Netherlands has, taking in account the population difference that still makes 4 times as many deaths as the Netherlands.

If people think that killing off 4 times as many citizens as one of your closest neighbors is a sign of the best prime minister since Thatcher, well then wow, that is just utter nonsense.

But everyone knew Boris would act like this. It said so right on the tin.

But everyone knew Boris would act like this. It said so right on the tin.
But Brexit needed to be done, hear hear, we need to get Brexit done, doff your cap and bow down to a superior human being like Boris

laughing-hilarious.gif

even 'Mr. Brexit'

Andrew Bridgen last week. Apparently the 1922 committee is getting close to the 54 letters required to stimulate a vote of no confidence but Boris is hoping next week's inquiry whitewashes him.

Back
Top Bottom