• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Ignorant Arrogance of Bill Maher

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The name Bill Maher sounds familiar, associating him with politics - but I never really thought about him. It was only when someone posted a quote from Bill Maher, using it as some sort of rebuke on certain Christians,
did I google this guy and found out he is an atheist.

This is the quote:

“People who think that their GOD GRANTS THEM SPECIAL FAVORS WHILE THAT SAME GOD ALLOWS MILLIONS of kids to suffer and starve, ARE NOT ONLY DELUSIONAL,
THEY'RE ALSO ESPECIALLY ARROGANT, VAIN. AND SELF-ABSORBED. “

That quote has been promptly taken down right after my reaction was given, but too late: it's been copied and pasted.

Post #244

That wasn't the first time I read that accusation. Someone had accused me of such – practically verbatim (raising the KID CARD to appeal to your maternal/paternal instincts) –
so now, I think I know where that inspiration came from. BILL MAHER.

I call Bill Maher ignorant with his attack on Christians who had claimed to have been granted favours by their God.
Why do I say he's ignorant? Obviously, he doesn't know that we're supposed to testify – to give our testimonies.............................

...................FOR GOD'S GLORY.

Mark 5:19
18 And as He was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed was begging Him that he might accompany Him.
19 And He did not let him, but He *said to him,
“Go home to your people and report to them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He had mercy on you.”
20 And he went away and began to proclaim in Decapolis what great things Jesus had done for him; and everyone was amazed.

I suppose, it pays to bash Christians.
Maher is a comedian and political commentator, so perhaps he says controversial things to draw attention to himself.
Too sad though, that some – even certain Christians - are falling for it, and even show to lean on Maher for “understanding,” instead of actually reading the Bible for themselves.

Why on earth would anyone – especially Christians - lean on an atheist on the matter of biblical faith and relationship with God..................I mean................ how absurd.

Shaming Christians who testify to having been granted personal favours by God.
Of course, it's the devil's work!

Can't you figure out why the devil doesn't want anyone testifying?
Trying to smother personal testimonies?

BECAUSE......................................... a testimony is an evidence for God.

Testifying to what God has done for you, is a powerful evidence that no one can refute!

How can an atheist of all people – refute the testimony of an atheist who'd become a believer because in his hour of desperation he had humbly come to God for help – and, God had answered?
Or, someone whose life was transformed because of his religious experience - God experience!
Who can really say that didn't happen?

You think you know, Bill Maher? You - with your closed mind?
Aren't you the one who's delusional?

I say to you, Bill Maher.

You don't have to be a sour grape all your life. That's how people with NO HOPE sounds like.
B I T T E R.

IF MY GOD WILL BE YOUR GOD..........................................HE MIGHT ALSO GRANT YOU FAVOURS.

Last edited:
Bill Maher has always been a very outspoken atheist, to the point where I'd call him almost an anti-theist. He also leans a bit towards liberalism but he also sees through a lot of the bullshit on the left.

Bill Maher has always been a very outspoken atheist, to the point where I'd call him almost an anti-theist. He also leans a bit towards liberalism but he also sees through a lot of the bullshit on the left.

Is he pro-baby killing?
Advocate for the slaughter of the unborn?

Is he pro-baby killing?
I believe so, but that would be a guess based off of what I know about him. There is something about him that makes basically all sides not like him.

I can't stand teh arrogant little entitled prick from Dumont but he is right about "God."

God is simply a silly concept to make us feel less fearful. As if this existence has some meaning, which it does not.

I believe so, but that would be a guess based off of what I know about him. There is something about him that makes basically all sides not like him.

I'm going to check him out. Thank you.

I agree with your assessment.

He spends just about as much railing against Trump as he does against dem "Wokism".

Hahahaha, then why is Maher attacking and shaming Christians for claiming God had granted them favors!
What harm does claiming about those do to anyone? I don't think anyone had tied Maher down and forced him to listen!

On one hand he's talking about liberal principles - well, what he was quoted, isn't that an attack on freedom of expression? Religion?

HE IS A FRAUD!
He is posturing! For ratings.....or, to feel relevant.

I disagree with Bill sometimes but his thoughts on Religion is usually fairly accurate. Personally, any so-call powerful spiritual being that would allow
a 6 year old little girl to be raped and tortured deserves zero respect from this poster. ...and worse, since this God-like being (Who knows everything, past and present)
does absolutely nothing about it, seems to me like something that shouldn't or doesn't even exist.

Anyway, now that I've given my opinion on that, I'd like to address non-believers:

If you are going through a very difficult time in your life - what's stopping you from humbling yourself before God, and asking Him for help?

I do not give you false hope,
but when I unburdened myself before God and had given my life to Him to do as He pleased..............just feeling the burden lifted off my shoulders was such pleasure enough.
I'm talking about that peace inside you, even when you're in the midst of a most difficult time.

........................and on top of that, God may give you something to testify about.

You can talk to Him. Directly.
One-on-one.
Take the step.

Last edited:
Burn'm. (Ex post facto SNARK warning for those that don't have an idea of my point.)

I like him. He gets a little snarky on the subject of Muslims but otherwise he's soundly liberal. He's about as intolerant of excessive leftism as he is about excessive conservatism.
As for abortion, just ask him about the new Texas 'riches for snitches' law, for beginners.

well, he's a jew for one. The left doesn't like jews, and never really has. Jew haters on the right are also slowly rising up.

well, he's a jew for one. The left doesn't like jews, and never really has. Jew haters on the right are also slowly rising up.
LOL, that's funny. That's why the vast majority of Jews are on "the left," because "the left" don't like them. "The left" elect them to office, but that doesn't count!!

Sheesh, you guys are shameless.

“People who think that their GOD GRANTS THEM SPECIAL FAVORS WHILE THAT SAME GOD ALLOWS MILLIONS of kids to suffer and starve, ARE NOT ONLY DELUSIONAL,
THEY'RE ALSO ESPECIALLY ARROGANT, VAIN. AND SELF-ABSORBED. “
Off hand, this seems essentially accurate. Anyone who actually buys into the delusion that god - the Divine author of the Universe - would even deign to grant them favors, while the world around them suffers is, by definition, arrogant, vain and self absorbed - at the very least!

Even suggesting that god would single them out for favor seems blasphemous in the extreme, and an insult to god.

LOL, that's funny. That's why the vast majority of Jews are on "the left," because "the left" don't like them. "The left" elect them to office, but that doesn't count!!

Sheesh, you guys are shameless.
most jews are "liberal", not "leftist". See how conservative parties dominate in israel. Just because many vote for the democrat party, does not make them "leftists". The democrat party, and "the left" are not the same.

He is not a Jew. He does not believe in God. Anti-semitism is a right wing thing almost exclusively. They hate all minorities.

Off hand, this seems essentially accurate. Anyone who actually buys into the delusion that god - the Divine author of the Universe - would even deign to grant them favors, while the world around them suffers is, by definition, arrogant, vain and self absorbed - at the very least!

Even suggesting that god would single them out for favor seems blasphemous in the extreme, and an insult to god.

"We're the good ones, God! We're your favourites.....!"

He was raised Irish-Catholic. He didn't know his mother was Jewish till he was a teen-ager.

Is he pro-baby killing?
Advocate for the slaughter of the unborn?
The killing of baby is murder but the abortion of a 15 week old fetus is not murder but hypocritical pro-life activists do not make the difference because doing so would invalidate your emotional claims.

The Bible is not pro-life because there is nowhere in the bible that a fetus is a person or abortion is condemned. How many pregnant women where killed in the flood or in Sodom and Gomorrah? How many will he kill in the rapture?

Half of all fertilized eggs fail to implant and die. Your god doesn't seem to have a problem with that.

Isaiah prophesied doom for Babylon, including the murder of unborn children: "They will have no pity on the fruit of the womb" (Isaiah 13:18).

Jesus did not express any special concern for unborn children during the anticipated end times: "Woe to pregnant women and those who are nursing" (Matthew 24:19).
God will punish the Israelites by destroying their unborn children, who will die at birth, or perish in the womb, or never even be conceived (Hosea 9:10-16).

Back
Top Bottom