• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The ignorance of the left on economics is astounding

it does work what do you think has fueled the economic expansion since the 1980s?

lower taxes less regulations and easier access to markets.

making it easier on people and businesses to enter the market has cause some of the greatest economic booms in this country has seen in 40 years.

facts do not care about your feelings.

Who has fueled the economic expansion since the 1980s? That would be Democrats. See my previous post to your little buddy Bullseye, homey.

Clinton created more jobs than any President since the Great Depression.

No, you are WRONG. Bush absolutely DID NOT have strong job growth. In fact, Bush created fewer jobs than ANY President since the Great Depression, except for JFK. And the only reason Bush created more jobs than JFK is that Bush was President for 8 years vs 3 years for JFK. Link below.

Are there any other "errors" that you would like to correct? You're messing with the wrong dude, homey.

LOL, seen this many times. They don't take into account that all Dam Congress I mentioned above, for one thing. A simplistic article.

LOL, seen this many times. They don't take into account that all Dam Congress I mentioned above, for one thing. A simplistic article.

Well, that's your problem for ignoring the facts.

Perhaps if Bush had better job growth from 2001 - 2006, the Repugs wouldn't have gotten their assess kicked in the 2006 election.

Lets take the top and bottom of economics here in the US. The left and Biden want to tax the hell out of businesses making more than $400,000. If he would, they will raise the price of their product, and even the most poor will have to pay the higher price.

Then the low end. Biden and the left wingers want a $15 minimum wage for burger flippers so they can have a "living wage". What they dont understand is working in a burger joint IS NOT a life's work. It is for teenagers, and maybe old people to add to their income. If you force $15 wages on a burger joint, one of three things will happen. They will go out of business, they will fire people and go to kiosks, or burgers will cost $7.50.

Why is this so hard to understand?

They also want hamburger flippers to pay $6 to $8 and 300+% more for electricity - plus hundreds more a month in rent - or tens of thousands to make their home
"green friendly."

yea because the company owns the machines so they get the greatest share of the money.

you leftists post this graph all the time but have no clue what it means.

So if the machines are doing all the work, why does the CEO/owner get all the increased productivity that comes from that and the workers get none? Not sure why this necessarily means he should be getting the credit because all of a sudden he is supposedly that much smarter/harder working.

Because the money gets filtered through the CEO/owner, that's why. This is clearly not fair, and nothing is getting trickled down or supply sided or whatever you want to call it. Not sure why rightists keep insisting this is all because the owners are so much smarter/harder working now.

it does work what do you think has fueled the economic expansion since the 1980s?

lower taxes less regulations and easier access to markets.

making it easier on people and businesses to enter the market has cause some of the greatest economic booms in this country has seen in 40 years.

facts do not care about your feelings.

Well if you like facts then facts are that no one has seen any of that economic "growth" except a handful of CEOs in the last 40 years. Don't tell me it's because they are now working over 400% harder than they were before 1980.

Then you should have included a comment to the poster you were responding to regarding a corporation changing prices due to changes in government corporate tax policy.

The discussion in total was falsely premised.

I am not criticizing you as much as I am criticizing the premise for the discussion. With all due respect IMO you should have simply knocked down the premise first and then gone on to discuss prices generally if you chose to do so.

In all honesty this is one of the screwier threads on page 1 of the forum at the moment and that is saying something.

umm no he didn't he copied bush's tax cut which he reversed earlier lmao. next the fleeting tax cut was temporary before it expired.
next due to all of obama's regulations and worse obamacare any saving he gave out was eaten up in higher costs elsewhere.

so no once again you prove my point.

Actually he cost me a fortune in higher healthcare premiums with his affordable care act which turned out wasn't affordable. i had to eat the majority of the increases for 3 years as my company had to comply with all of his regulations so no he cost me money.

[QUOTE
Poor and middle class Republicans are totally clueless about how they get used by Repug plutocrats and they are suckers. And they always will be.
Yes leftists are clueless. a temporary tax cut doesn't help me in any way.

trumps tax cuts have. bidens tax increases are going to kill me.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm sorry about all of your tax problems. If Trump hadn't been such an abysmal failure, you could have kept all of your piddly tax cuts!

The article below compares Trump's tax cuts vs Obama's tax cuts:

But arguably, President Barack Obama passed a larger tax cut by making most of President George W. Bush's cuts permanent.

So, basically, your "temporary" tax cut comment about Obama is total bullshit. The fact is Obama probably helped your tax situation more than any other President.

Well if you like facts then facts are that no one has seen any of that economic "growth" except a handful of CEOs in the last 40 years. Don't tell me it's because they are now working over 400% harder than they were before 1980.
Not true. Prior to the pandemic, wages were growing on a average of 3% with greater gains for lower earners. Those of us who have retirement plans or pensions benefited from the rising stock markets. We also had over seven million job openings and record low unemployment rates particularly for POC and women.

It's Repug dogma that CEOs earn every single dollar they receive.

Poor and middle Repugs are serfs from the Middle Ages. It's their peasant duty to protect the wealth of their rich Repug feudal masters. No questions asked.

After all, poor and middle Repugs are non-thinking little children and rich Repug plutocrats know what's best for them.

Total SUCKERS, all of them.

Who has fueled the economic expansion since the 1980s? That would be Democrats. See my previous post to your little buddy Bullseye, homey.

Clinton created more jobs than any President since the Great Depression.
facts say otherwise.
clinton also used reagans tax plans after his almost and then finally sent the economy into a recession.
even clinton admitted he raised taxes too high.

Smart??? Just logical, and have common sense. Something sadly missing from the left. Their unicorns sucking on lollypops just wont work.
Not one thing you said was even close to the truth. You have fallen down the rabbit hole.

So if the machines are doing all the work, why does the CEO/owner get all the increased productivity that comes from that and the workers get none? Not sure why this necessarily means he should be getting the credit because all of a sudden he is supposedly that much smarter/harder working.
Workers get raises. the workers didn't buy the machines. they don't pay to fix the machines.
the company owns the machines so the company takes a greater share.

Because the money gets filtered through the CEO/owner, that's why. This is clearly not fair, and nothing is getting trickled down or supply sided or whatever you want to call it. Not sure why rightists keep insisting this is all because the owners are so much smarter/harder working now.
thanks for proving you have no clue what you are talking about.

facts say otherwise.
clinton also used reagans tax plans after his almost and then finally sent the economy into a recession.
even clinton admitted he raised taxes too high.

No, I just posted the facts. Until you post something else that is more authoritative and effectively counters my source, then you lose.

That's how debates work.

Plus, the reason Clinton was elected is because Bush Sr's economy took a giant dump. So Reagan deserves no credit for Clinton's economy.

nothing to do with what i said.

No, I just posted the facts. Until you post something else that is more authoritative and effectively counters my source, then you lose.

That's how debates work.
i posted clintons own words.

he even admits his own budget raised taxes too high.

i posted clintons own words.

he even admits his own budget raised taxes too high.

So what? That wasn't your original question. The fact is Clinton still created more jobs than any president since the Great Depression.

Reagan can't be given any credit for Clinton's economy. Clinton was elected because Bush Sr's economy turned into a recession.

Not true. Prior to the pandemic, wages were growing on a average of 3% with greater gains for lower earners. Those of us who have retirement plans or pensions benefited from the rising stock markets. We also had over seven million job openings and record low unemployment rates particularly for POC and women.

In the three decades following World War II, hourly compensation for workers rose 91 percent, roughly in line with the total economic productivity growth, as well as the wages/income for owners/CEOs.

But from 1980 to 2013, total economic productivity has increased by 74 percent, while hourly compensation has been basically flat- meaning that workers have been producing far more with no increase in their wages. The income of their bosses, meanwhile, has increased by over 400%.

Why? Because the owners are all of a sudden that much smarter and hardworking?

Gimme a break man. What you think you are fooling children or Fox News viewers or something here?

Last edited:
nothing to do with what i said.

Of course not. You will never say CEOs make too much money. You've been trained not to. Like a good little serf protecting your rich Repug feudal masters.

In the three decades following World War II, hourly compensation for workers rose 91 percent, roughly in line with the total economic productivity growth, as well as the wages/income for owners/CEOs.

But from 1980 to 2013, productivity has increased by 74 percent, while hourly compensation has been basically flat. This means that workers have been producing far more in return with no increase in the wage. The income of their bosses, on the other hand, has increased by over 400%.

Why? Because the owners are all of a sudden that much smarter and hardworking?

Gimme a break man. What you think you are fooling children or Fox News viewers or something here?
LOL, these are old illogical arguments. Not surprising from EPI.

LOL, these are old illogical arguments. Not surprising from EPI.

If you don't like them, then they must be good ****ing arguments. That's your weak response every time you lose a debate.

Or "Bullshit". Take your pick.

If you don't like them, then they must be good ****ing arguments. That's your weak response every time you lose a debate.

Or "Bullshit". Take your pick.
Great post.

That 3% job growth you speak of barely keeps up with inflation.

That 3% job growth you speak of barely keeps up with inflation.
Better than not keeping up with inflation. It was the highest rates in quite a while. Inflation is the main driver in low wage, low skill employment.

Great post.

UH OH! A new one! You're getting better at this!

When you lose so many debates, it is definitely a good idea to have at least 3 standard worthless responses to choose from.

And you now have your 3 worthless responses, so good job!!

Back
Top Bottom