• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Hypocrisy of the Word Insurrection

Leftists seem to believe that attacking citizens on the street and burning out small businesses is not a problem, but attacking a government building that should have been one of the best-protected buildings in the world is terrible.

Leftists rule the country and they won't stand for any attack against the swamp they rule from. However, small businesses and working people are not represented by leftists so leftists don't care if they are attacked.

You don't get it if you don't understand that the government is supposed to be protecting the people.

Leftists protect their own power over the people. They care nothing about the hard-working people.

Notice that the leftists are punishing people who dare to disrespect the swamp, while they care nothing about good people murdered in riots.
Only one person was shot to death at the Capitol and no one is allowed to see the film of that murder. This is perhaps the only police shooting in which no film is released.

The last thing leftists want is equal protection under the law.

And to be fair, Democrats did the same thing in the days of lynching. Democrats punished blacks for their crimes, but crimes against blacks went unpunished.

It should surprise no one that Leftist Democrats punish others for crimes against leftists but do not punish leftists for their crimes.

Why do you suppose congress created special laws just for violations on the capitol grounds? It must be really frustrating to be a victim all the time...

I am not condoning any of the riots that occurred with BLM because the violence was wrong and a lot of it were by outsiders; but they are different than what happened during the 1/6 insurrection.

The Main Difference Between the Capitol Insurrection and the BLM Protests

Conservatives deal in false equivalencies because it’s easier than having an actual ideology. I’ve talked before about how their constant screeching about communism is really about constructing a weak strawman to justify their further descent into fascist mania. Likewise, the bad faith comparison between an armed insurrection against Congress as they certified the presidential election and the protests sparked by the murder of George Floyd is a security blanket of a lie meant to shield Trumpists from the horrifying truth.

So, what is the difference between the two? Simple: the insurrection at the Capitol was done for reasons of complete bullshit and the Black Lives Matter protests were not.

It seems very basic, but this is the hard candy center of the problem and the reason that conservatives are having existential crises. The thing they want to not be real is real, and the thing they want to be real is not.

The only way that you can deny the racial bias against Black Americans at the hands of the police is if you ignore a century of history and poke out your eyes so that you can’t read graphs. The fact that Black people make up a disproportionate number of fatalities doled out by cops is inarguable. If any study by a reputable scientific source has ever looked at American police statistics and not found a racial bias somewhere, I am unaware of it. The evidence is so overwhelming on this issue I’m not even linking to any of it because I honestly don’t even know where to begin.
=====================================
The terrorists who stormed the Capitol have no such grievance to redress. Not a single one of them has been injured in any way by the thing they decided to commit an act of sedition against.

Right before the attack happened, our own Senator Ted Cruz took the floor to contest the fact that Joe Biden clearly and legally won the presidency. He said this sentence out loud and with presumably with complete sincerity: “Thirty-nine percent of Americans believe that the election was rigged, and whether or not you disagree with that it is a reality.”

Cruz’s argument seems to be that just because a lot of people think a thing happened it must be worth something, and it’s clear that the mob agrees with him. Unfortunately, the idea that the election was rigged to elect Biden is just wrong. Not a single judge, law enforcement officer, or elected official – many of whom are as Republican as you can get – has found the slightest evidence of widescale wrongdoing that would deliver five states to secure Biden’s win. It does not exist. The reason they committed this act is a lie.

This was not the common clay of humanity rising up against oppression no matter how often they try to frame it as such. The insurrectionists at the Capitol weren’t poor whites suffering under the boots of a tyrannical state. At least one of them took a private plane there, and a great many others appear to own their own businesses. In short, they are comfortable white people LARPing legitimate civil rights movements to get the fascist overthrow of the government that they want.

No evidence will convince them otherwise because they are operating entirely on a level of faith, and denying reality is how Trumpists pray. These past few months have been entirely about the most noxious elements of the right trying to will a new reality into being, and the attack on the Capitol is so far the most powerful manifestation of their delusion. Biden won the election in a fair and legal way. Therefore any “protest” against that is illegitimate, and any violence done in the course of it is a crime.

That’s the difference between what happened last week and the BLM protests. The people who marched for racial justice are actually dealing with a real problem that needs to be solved. The problem that the insurrectionists want fixed is democracy working too well to secure their authoritarian wet dream. Why people are in the streets matters, not just that they are.

More than 6 dozen alleged rioters face federal charges in weeks of unrest across US

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doz...charges-unrest

Demonstrators did not engage in violence or destructive activity in more than 93% of the more than 7,750 demonstrations nationwide between May 26 and late August, according to a report by the U.S. Crisis Monitor, a joint effort including Princeton University that collects and analyzes real-time data on demonstrations and political violence in the U.S.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/7336797002/

Officials Say White Supremacists Infiltrate Protests

Jul 29, 2020 · The Boogaloo boys, who were photographed attending the Richmond protests, are a group of anti-government right-wing extremists who have taken advantage of social justice activism to cause chaos.

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/07...nstigate-riots

LEAKED DOCUMENTS SHOW POLICE KNEW FAR-RIGHT EXTREMISTS WERE THE REAL THREAT AT PROTESTS, NOT “ANTIFA”

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/15/...-right-antifa/

Much More: https://www.bing.com/search?q=right+...d9835351bda461

Leftists seem to believe that attacking citizens on the street and burning out small businesses is not a problem, but attacking a government building that should have been one of the best-protected buildings in the world is terrible.

Leftists rule the country and they won't stand for any attack against the swamp they rule from. However, small businesses and working people are not represented by leftists so leftists don't care if they are attacked.
-snip-
If Trump, Barr, and the RWE noise machine did to me what they've obviously done to you, I would resent the embarrassing position
I permitted them to put me in.

Homeland Threat Assessment October 2020
.pdf page, 3/26

"Foreword
In my role as Acting Secretary, I receive intelligence, operational, law enforcement, and other information on a daily basis. This Homeland Threat Assessment (HTA), the first of its kind for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), draws upon all sources of information and expertise available to the Department, including from intelligence, law enforcement, and our operational Components. The result is a “Whole-of-DHS” report on the threats to the Homeland. This HTA is as close as the American people will get to seeing and understanding the information that I see as Secretary and that our employees see in their national security missions. As you read through the HTA you should have faith in knowing that these threats were identified using the best intelligence, operational information, and employee knowledge available to the Department. Identifying Threats using a Whole-of-DHS Approach..

.pdf page, 17/26
Violent Extremism in the United States The primary terrorist threat inside the United States will stem from lone offenders and small cells of individuals, including Domestic Violent Extremists6 (DVEs) and foreign terrorist-inspired Homegrown Violent Extremists7 (HVEs). Some U.S.-based violent extremists have capitalized on increased social and political tensions in 2020, which will drive an elevated threat environment at least through early 2021. ..

...Some DVEs and other violent actors8 might target events related to the 2020 Presidential campaigns, the election itself, election results, or the post-election period. Such actors could mobilize quickly to threaten or engage in violence. Violence related to government efforts to mitigate the COVID-19 pandemic and amidst otherwise ongoing lawful protests has exacerbated the typical election-season threat environment.
• Some DVEs have heightened their attention to election- or campaign-related activities, candidates’ public statements, and policy issues connected to specific candidates, judging from domestic terrorism plots since 2018 targeting individuals based on their actual or perceived political affiliations.
• Open-air, publicly accessible parts of physical election infrastructure, such as campaign associated mass gatherings, polling places, and voter registration events, would be the most likely flashpoints for potential violence. Among DVEs, racially and ethnically motivated violent extremists—specifically white supremacist extremists9 (WSEs)—will remain the most persistent and lethal threat in the Homeland. .
• WSEs have demonstrated longstanding intent to target racial and religious minorities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, politicians, and those they believe promote multi-culturalism and globalization at the expense of the WSE identity. Since 2018, they have conducted more lethal attacks in the United States than any other DVE movement..."

Homeland Threat Assessment October 2020 - .pdf page 19/26

8 In this instance, and for the purposes of this report, “violent actors” refers to groups or individuals who facilitate or engage in unlawful acts of violence with the intent to cause serious bodily harm and/or damage to critical infrastructure.
9 Homegrown White Supremist Extremist (WSE): A group or individual who facilitates or engages in acts of unlawful violence directed at the federal government, ethnic minorities, or Jewish persons in support of their belief that Caucasians are intellectually and morally superior to other races and/or their perception that the government is controlled by Jewish persons

Website https://revealnews.org

https://revealnews.org/podcast/stopping-a-movement/

November 1, 2020
Inside the federal government’s unprecedented campaign to prosecute Black Lives Matter protesters.

Which "leftists" do you refer to ?
When one is stuck with referring to all "opposition" with an all-encompassing pejorative, one's perspective is not worth considering.

When one is stuck with referring to all "opposition" with an all-encompassing pejorative, one's perspective is not worth considering.

Indeed

It's indicative of a bigoted, conditioned and typically uneducated mind.

Was Jan 6th a peaceful demonstration?
No, it was a riot. It certainly wan't an insurrection which is an armed attack on government by the public.

No, it was a riot. It certainly wan't an insurrection which is an armed attack on government by the public.
It was, though, by the Left's definition "mostly" peaceful, since most of the people demonstrating on 1/6 neither entered the capitol nor engaged in violence.

LOL, straight out of Carlson's mouth.
And he's wrong.

Oh good lord. What the **** did you watch on TV?

LOL, straight out of Carlson's mouth.
And he's wrong.

I'll mark you down for a 25 cent opinion.

No, it was a riot. It certainly wasn't an insurrection which is an armed attack on government by the public.
Another 100% factually false claim
try again, wow you are not good at this LMAO

calling it an insurrection is factually accurate using basic common sense and definitions
1/6 was one of the worst things to happen to the country in my lifetime, luckily only one moron got herself killed

An insurrection is violent action that is taken by a large group of people against the rulers of their country, usually in order to remove them from office.

The act or an instance of open revolt against civil authority or a constituted government.

an attempt by a large group of people to take control of their country by force

A violent uprising against an authority or government.

an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

an organized attempt by a group of people to defeat their government and take control of their country, usually by violence:

They don't mind attacking government buildings. They did it many times in 2020 and 2021 - Seattle - Portland - Federal buildings were firebombed with molotov cocktails and federal officers were assaulted.

50 years from now what do you think it will be called?

calling it an insurrection is factually accurate using basic common sense and definitions
1/6 was one of the worst things to happen to the country in my lifetime, luckily only one moron got herself killed

An insurrection is violent action that is taken by a large group of people against the rulers of their country, usually in order to remove them from office.

The act or an instance of open revolt against civil authority or a constituted government.

an attempt by a large group of people to take control of their country by force

A violent uprising against an authority or government.

an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

an organized attempt by a group of people to defeat their government and take control of their country, usually by violence:
Good work. I agree with all the definitions of insurrection you posted except, of course, yours.

The riots of 2020 were far worse, in total, with many billions in damages across the country. The riots of 2020 were disgusting, violent riots, and they were applauded by Democrats and covered up by the media who pushed a false narrative that they were "mostly peaceful" so as to ignore the violence.

What do you call a mob that cordons off entire city blocks and declares them "autonomous" and not subject to the laws of the US anymore, patrols them with guns, and determines who has freedom to move in or out of the area? And what do you call firebombing federal buildings with molotov cocktails?

1/6 was also a disgusting display, but it was over quickly, nobody got hurt because of the rioters, except an unarmed woman who was shot crawling through an opening. The crackpots entering the capitol were horrible and their behavior was disgusting, but it was not a "coup" or an "insurrection." That's just propaganda by Trump's political enemies.

who knows? who cares?
The left cares, of course. Why do you think they call it "McCarthyism" even though it was Democrats in the House that violated the civil rights of Americans? Control over historical narrative matters. That is how they are able to re-write history to suit their agenda.

Reactions: fmw
It was, though, by the Left's definition "mostly" peaceful, since most of the people demonstrating on 1/6 neither entered the capitol nor engaged in violence.

I don't really give a shit what anyone calls it... I know a LOT of people are getting convicted and some are going to PRISON....

Good work.
i know its what i do
I agree with all the definitions of insurrection you posted except, of course, yours.
facts dont care if you agree or not calling it an insurrection is factually accurate using basic common sense and definitions this is why your false claim failed so hard LMAO
let us know when that fact changes LMAO
😂🍿

Oh good lord. What the **** did you watch on TV?
Did you harbor an opposing view to what I wrote or did you just run out of ideas?

Right wing alternate reality.

Right wing alternate facts.

The right is living a lie.

It would be quite hilarious if it wasn't so tragic for America.

The riots of 2020 were far worse, in total, with many billions in damages across the country. The riots of 2020 were disgusting, violent riots, and they were applauded by Democrats and covered up by the media who pushed a false narrative that they were "mostly peaceful" so as to ignore the violence.

What do you call a mob that cordons off entire city blocks and declares them "autonomous" and not subject to the laws of the US anymore, patrols them with guns, and determines who has freedom to move in or out of the area? And what do you call firebombing federal buildings with molotov cocktails?

1/6 was also a disgusting display, but it was over quickly, nobody got hurt because of the rioters, except an unarmed woman who was shot crawling through an opening. The crackpots entering the capitol were horrible and their behavior was disgusting, but it was not a "coup" or an "insurrection." That's just propaganda by Trump's political enemies.

your wittle fweelings and factually wrong claims are noted and are meaningless to anything i said but hey don't lit me stop you from making a retadred unhinged trigger post that has nothing to do with anything i actually said
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR riots of 202!!!! LMAO
fact remains calling it an insurrection is factually accurate using basic common sense and definitions
another incoming moronic strawman and or deflection post in 3....2....
😂🍿

America has a history of these racial riots. They burn and loot their own neighborhoods. Frankly they are expected. Blacks have been badly treated since the founding of this country. Can't blame them for striking out on occasion.

Now as for 1/6, this is the first time I can remember a full on attack at America's capital attempting to overthrow our government. This was, for the most part, disenfranchised working class whites. They are striking out at what they have been indoctrinated to believe is the cause of their diminishing lifestyle. This was a true attack on the U.S. government. Much more serious than your typical race riot.

Back
Top Bottom