• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Hypocrisy of the Word Insurrection

bicycleman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
LOL... 700+ charged already....

OK, out of how many present near the Capitol that day? I was doing what the bulk of the MSM did while describing multiple outbreaks of rioting, looting and arson (aka violence) during the “mostly peaceful” BLM protests. Granted that those likely resulting in fewer arrests, but the violence was not less.

OK, out of how many present near the Capitol that day? I was doing what the bulk of the MSM did while describing multiple outbreaks of rioting, looting and arson (aka violence) during the “mostly peaceful” BLM protests. Granted that those likely resulting in fewer arrests, but the violence was not less.
You're gonna say anything you can to protect the attempted insurrection aren't you?

It's amusing to see so-called "patriots" defending the filth from Jan 6th...

didnt read the link, no need too . . its tucker and reality is what it is . . .

Calling 1/6 an insurrection is factually accurate based on the definition 🤷‍♂️
not one person right, left or center who is honest, educated and objective denies that reality . . ive only seen nutters try and fail and have meltdowns over it lol

An insurrection is violent action that is taken by a large group of people against the rulers of their country, usually in order to remove them from office.

an organized attempt by a group of people to defeat their government and take control of their country, usually by violence

an attempt by a large group of people to take control of their country by force

Now it was a failed insurrection and luckily only one moron terrorist got herself killed but a insurrection is accurate.

I can only answer for me but the next time people storm our nation's capitol building with a goal of stopping democracy and the presidential process Ill definitely call it an insurrection because thats what it will be
Are there examples of people attacking the capitol with similar goals and it not being called an inssurection?

LOL... 700+ charged already....
Ttwtt is exactly right. Most people who attended the rally did not get violent, did not storm the capital, did nothing worse than attend a speech by the then president. This does not excuse what those who did storm the capital did, but to villainize those who did not by association is the exact same thing I and many others criticized our right wing friends for.

Ttwtt is exactly right. Most people who attended the rally did not get violent, did not storm the capital, did nothing worse than attend a speech by the then president. This does not excuse what those who did storm the capital did, but to villainize those who did not by association is the exact same thing I and many others criticized our right wing friends for.

The 5000+ people that stayed at the rally are protestors. That's fine. I encourage it.

The 800 or so that went in are insurrectionists.

The 5000+ people that stayed at the rally are protestors. That's fine. I encourage it.

The 800 or so that went in are insurrectionists.
I really do not care what label you feel the need to attach to anyone. Personally I avoid such labels as they are poor debate tactics. What those who stormed the capital did was just as bad no matter what label you apply.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Its definition all depends on the political party in power.
Amen, brother!

In 2020, there was a genuine insurrection based on the spurious claim that cops are just looking for a chance to kill certain perfectly innocent and sweet young gentlemen.

That insurrection resulted in its leaders reaping millions from corporations falling over themselves to show support.

And cynical politicians even falling on their knees in the Capitol to show contrition.

You understand that the reason The BLM protests were called mostly peaceful is because they were though right?
meaning there were 1000s of them and most had no violence . . i think the stats are like 97%??

there was only ONE jan 6 and it was not peaceful

the other things nutters do (not saying you) is call them BLM riots LMAO which they were not
just like 1/6 was not the "republican riot" or "Trump supporter riot"

Now im totally on board with the fact that MORE people did not storm the capitol then did, that is true but since it was a singular event that ended in violence it like comparing apples to oranges.

Amen, brother!

In 2020, there was a genuine insurrection based on the spurious claim that cops are just looking for a chance to kill certain perfectly innocent and sweet young gentlemen.

That insurrection resulted in its leaders reaping millions from corporations falling over themselves to show support.

And cynical politicians even falling on their knees in the Capitol to show contrition.
???? LMAO

tell us you have no idea what an insurrection is without telling us you have no idea what an insurrection is

It's amusing to see so-called "patriots" defending the filth from Jan 6th...
Are you still in denial about the damage done by Antifa and BLM to Portland, Oregon, Seattle, and Kenosha, WI. Let's not forget that peaceful demonstration in Minneapolis that resulted in a police precinct burning down. You have answered the title of the OP in demonstrating your bias as to who is in charge.

Amen, brother!

A riot is not an insurrection. Both are bad. But while the former is criminal behavior, the latter is treasonous criminal behavior.

I really do not care what label you feel the need to attach to anyone. Personally I avoid such labels as they are poor debate tactics. What those who stormed the capital did was just as bad no matter what label you apply.
Lots of folks like to label the January 6 date an insurrection, but with me, insurrections I have heard about, they normally happen as an armed insurrection. Very few had weapons, and one of the men cited as having a weapon was a DEA agent, who was attending the rally. Had most of the folks gone there armed to the teeth, then that would have been something to really worry about. Sure, there were the violent types, who took the law into their own hands and beat up cops or broke windows, but some just walked up, thinking the Capitol was open for tours or were invited in by the police, and they resultingly were cited with trespass and even worse crimes for which many didn't do. Few of those folks have been given a trial and are now rotting in that hell hole of a jail in DC. Then you have that woman, Ashlii Babbitt murdered by a police officer, and the officer subsequently exonerated. If anything, she was guilty of trespass like the other folks, but she was shot to death with no warning given. I watched the video of her death. Last I looked, trespass was not punishable by death.

700+ criminal indictments say it wasn't 'peaceful'.

Hopefully, next time there will be more . . .
That could be because the police were out in force to be heavy-handed on conservatives, but in leftist demonstrations by Antifa and BLM, very few arrests occur because the police are told to stand down. Yes, these conservative hell raisers should have been arrested but so should those anarchists on the left, instead of being given a pass. Again, that verifies what Tucker Carlson says in the OP.

Are you still in denial about the damage done by Antifa and BLM to Portland, Oregon, Seattle, and Kenosha, WI. Let's not forget that peaceful demonstration in Minneapolis that resulted in a police precinct burning down. You have answered the title of the OP in demonstrating your bias as to who is in charge.

Only an idiot would compare rioting in the streets and an attack on the capitol building... I guess when you have sunk so low as to support a POS like Trump, things like our nations capitol lose all meaning...

That could be because the police were out in force to be heavy-handed on conservatives, but in leftist demonstrations by Antifa and BLM, very few arrests occur because the police are told to stand down. Yes, these conservative hell raisers should have been arrested but so should those anarchists on the left, instead of being given a pass. Again, that verifies what Tucker Carlson says in the OP.

False!

Carlson called 1/6 a, 'peaceful assembly'. I provided proof it was not.

Back
Top Bottom