• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The House Intelligence Committee voted unanimously Thursday to turn over a transcript of Roger Stone

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Last edited:
Good. That would have been a bombshell if not...and futile since in January it could probably have been done anyway.
I wonder if Nunes offered any resistance before agreeing to vote with the consensus.

The GOP-led committee’s decision Thursday to accede with his request indicates that while Republicans have followed Trump’s lead in attacking the Mueller probe, they are not willing to take formal action to block the ongoing Russia investigation.

Hmmmm......Republicans gone wild.

Actually in all seriousness, I'm glad they did this. I'll give them credit. This was the right move.

The GOP-led committee’s decision Thursday to accede with his request indicates that while Republicans have followed Trump’s lead in attacking the Mueller probe, they are not willing to take formal action to block the ongoing Russia investigation.

Hmmmm......Republicans gone wild.

Actually in all seriousness, I'm glad they did this. I'll give them credit. This was the right move.

More like Republicans about to dump Trump.

Good. That would have been a bombshell if not...and futile since in January it could probably have been done anyway.
I wonder if Nunes offered any resistance before agreeing to vote with the consensus.

They had Nunes over a barrel and he and everyone else knew it.

I wondered why they had to vote, instead of just giving him the transcript. According to the article, they had already given Mueller a copy, but he would need an official copy in order to begin any legal action.

On Friday, Mueller requested an official transcript of Stone’s 2017 testimony — the first time that the special counsel had asked the committee to turn over material the panel has gathered during its investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 campaign. Mueller has had access to an unofficial copy of Stone’s testimony for weeks, but legal experts said he would need a certified copy provided by the committee if he wished to use the document to seek an indictment.

I'm a bit surprised at this, to be honest. It would have been in character for them (Repubs) to make Pelosi wait until Jan 3rd.

My concern was not that Mueller would get his materials, but whether they would be accurate and factually representative.

I wondered why they had to vote, instead of just giving him the transcript. According to the article, they had already given Mueller a copy, but he would need an official copy in order to begin any legal action.
Yep, Stone is toast. At least until pardoned.

I hope Nunes goes down too! Wonder why very little opposition??? I thought Stone was King of blackmail???
Nunes & Rohrabacher, for sure. They're both dirty as hell, from where I sit.

I'm a bit surprised at this, to be honest. It would have been in character for them (Repubs) to make Pelosi wait until Jan 3rd.

My concern was not that Mueller would get his materials, but whether they would be accurate and factually representative.

If Nunes tried to create a fake testimony, my guess is Mueller will be able to figure it out.

Rohrabacher almost certainly boinked Russian Spy Bunny Maria Butina.
That I'm not aware of, but he does seme up to his eyes in Russia stuff.

The problem I have, is:

This seems to be always argued by GOP and Trump supporters in terms of law & legality.

In other words, is it legal for Dana Rohrabacher to have these relationships? When did this become the standard? Legality? When did it become O.K. for our government officials, including the President, to commingle and cooperate and attach themselves to Russians and Russian interests in this manner? Even if legal?

I feel like a Cold War artifact. I cannot even vaguely imagine why these actions are not the political kiss of death for anyone involved. I'm completely stymied in my understanding of the current American body politic.

Last edited:
That I'm not aware of, but he does seme up to his eyes in Russia stuff.

The problem I have is, is this is always argued by GOP and Trump supporters in terms of law & legality. In other words, is it legal for Dana Rohrabacher to have these relationships? When did this become the standard? When did it become O.K. for our government officials, including the President, to commingle and cooperate and attach themselves to Russians and Russian interests in this manner?

I feel like a Cold War artifact. I cannot even vaguely imagine why these actions are not the political kiss of death for anyone involved. I'm completely stymied in my understanding of the current American body politic.

Example I saw on twitter: GOP rep says come on over I made cookies. (I guess not creepily)

People asked if he really made the cookies.

He said he didn't.

As long as people are willing to look away there will be no accountability. Challenge them and they fold.

Perhaps that's why they wanted to get it out before Democrats had a chance to monkey around.

Seriously though, this was a formality. He already had the transcript. This was just do Mueller could have a certified copy to enter as evidence.

Also worth noting (again) that the vast majority of conservatives and Republicans want a fair and just investigation into any actual crimes. House Republicans specifically have been cooperative. They just want Mueller to paint or get off the ladder, and come to some kind of conclusion. Democrats, on the other hand, are perfectly happy to have it drag on forever.

Back
Top Bottom