• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Hotseat- Stace

I think a debatepolitics baby shower is a great idea!!

Kelzie said:
I think a debatepolitics baby shower is a great idea!!
Then take the ball... Run! Run girl!!

Apostle13 said:
Then take the ball... Run! Run girl!!

Well I unfortunately can't create a PO BOX for Stace OR make a wish list for her...I can give advice though. Do it at Amazon Stace.

Kelzie said:
Well I unfortunately can't create a PO BOX for Stace OR make a wish list for her...I can give advice though. Do it at Amazon Stace.
Maybe you could start a thread/poll..? You know get some commitance..?

vauge said:
When is little one due?

Right now, my due date is September 17th. The little one was measuring a little smaller than it should have when I had the ultrasound, but they didn't change my original due date 'cause the little person was kinda scrunched up. Regardless, I think I'll pop at least a week or two before that...just a feeling I have.

Do you participate in other forums/online chats?

There's a message board dealing with pregnancy that I post on....I also keep an online journal, where other members of the community can leave you notes and stuff regarding your entries...I've been on that site for over three years now, and have actually met some of the other diarists in real life. I've made some awesome friends on there. Other than that....nada.

What computer games do you play?

The Sims 2 - I am a total addict. I've downloaded thousands of items for the game. Sometimes I play The Movies, but it gets kind of tedious and repetitive after awhile. One of these days, I'll start playing Black & White 2. I also play games online at Pogo.

Kelzie said:

Hehe. I actually do have a couple of registeries set up.....if enough people were interested for this to actually take off, I'd be more than happy to provide the links.

Stace said:
Hehe. I actually do have a couple of registeries set up.....if enough people were interested for this to actually take off, I'd be more than happy to provide the links.

I am. That's all the people you need. :2wave:

Kelzie said:
I am. That's all the people you need. :2wave:

:mrgreen: Well then...give me a few weeks, so we can find out what the gender is. Lists are looking a little sparse right now, there's not too many neutral things that I like :2razz:

Stace said:
:mrgreen: Well then...give me a few weeks, so we can find out what the gender is. Lists are looking a little sparse right now, there's not too many neutral things that I like :2razz:
Careful, A friend of mine painted his nursery pink only to find out at birth time it should have been blue. :rofl

vauge said:
Careful, A friend of mine painted his nursery pink only to find out at birth time it should have been blue. :rofl

yeah...my mother had an entire wardrobe for a little girl and then I happened to be a boy. I wonder if that had any effect on later developments....:shock:

Stace said:
Yes, I do. They're family to me, not just in laws. And no, I don't have a sibling that I share both parents with. I shared a father with my oldest brother, Joe, and I shared a mother with my other older brother, Dan. I'm the baby in that group.

I have a great relationship with my mom. It wasn't always that way, but now that I'm out on my own and have some breathing room, things have improved drastically. My father is another story. He and mom divorced when I was five, and I haven't had a whole lot of contact with him since then. In fact, I went four whole years recently without seeing or speaking to him. If my brother hadn't passed away last year, it would have been five years now. I'm trying to rebuild some sort of relationship with him, but it's hard.

My dad never remarried after the divorce. Mom remarried once, and that one didn't turn out so well. He was very abusive towards me, Dan, and mom. She finally divorced him when I was 18. Now she's got a boyfriend, he's actually been a family friend from the time I was about 8 years old, and I really like him. He's good to my mom, and that's the important part.

As always, I love your candor. Thank you.

Do you think that your having a baby might help with rebuilding a relationship with your dad? People love being grandparents. If it means a lot to you to have a relationship, keep putting forth an effort even if he doesn't. I think it will pay off.

I'm glad your mom found someone who treats her well.

aps said:

Do you think that your having a baby might help with rebuilding a relationship with your dad? People love being grandparents. If it means a lot to you to have a relationship, keep putting forth an effort even if he doesn't. I think it will pay off.

Amen to that!!!

Stace said:
Right now, my due date is September 17th. The little one was measuring a little smaller than it should have when I had the ultrasound, but they didn't change my original due date 'cause the little person was kinda scrunched up. Regardless, I think I'll pop at least a week or two before that...just a feeling I have.

Your due date is my b-day! Thats pretty cool.

Ok my questions are.... Is this your first child? you probably stated somewhere but I don't have time or patience to reread everything. If not then how did you know it was the right time to have one? Was it planned or did it just kinda happen?
Also does your husband know how lucky he is to have such a beautiful and nice girl? :2razz:

vauge said:

jallman said:
yeah...my mother had an entire wardrobe for a little girl and then I happened to be a boy. I wonder if that had any effect on later developments....

lol......If nothing else, I'd like to try and have one of those 3D or 4D ultrasounds done so I can get a good, clear picture....of course, I'd have to wait a little longer for one of those, they recommend that if you do those, you do it around 28 weeks...but hopefully the baby will cooperate enough at the doctor's office for us to get a good shot....I despise gender neutral stuff. It's so....boring. At least we won't be painting any walls the wrong color....baby will be in our room for the first few months, and after that, unless we move, it'll have to share a room with the computer :mrgreen:

aps said:

I dunno. My dad knows that I'm pregnant of course, but I haven't talked to him since I told him...I'm waiting for him to call me because he's only got one of those prepaid cell phones and he said something about needing more minutes or something....yeah, that was weeks ago. Not to mention the fact that he lives half a country away.....although, my little niece lives near him, and I don't think he really sees her all that often, either. I WANT to have some sort of relationship with my dad, but there's only so much I can do from my end, you know? Just like any other relationship, you can only give so much before you get burnt out.

Oh, and somehow, I also forgot to mention my brother Dan's wife, Marissa. :doh Don't know how I forgot her, considering that she is an absolute saint for putting up with my brother!! His moodiness rivals that of a woman PMSing.

I'm glad Mom has someone that treats her well, too. After all she's been through, it's the least she deserves.

americanwoman said:
Your due date is my b-day! Thats pretty cool.

:mrgreen:

Ok my questions are.... Is this your first child? you probably stated somewhere but I don't have time or patience to reread everything.

Yes, it's our first.

If not then how did you know it was the right time to have one? Was it planned or did it just kinda happen?

It just kinda happened. We had been planning/trying a little over a year ago, but then hubby got deployed, so that kind of got messed up. Also, I had been on Depo Provera a couple of years ago, and it completely screwed up my cycles, so it was hard to try and plan it anyway. I'm honestly amazed that we conceived, my cycles were still really screwed up, and, well...I won't go into all of the details, but let's just say that we just happened to hit the right day out of sheer luck. At least I know exactly WHEN this child was conceived!!

Also does your husband know how lucky he is to have such a beautiful and nice girl? :2razz:

:3oops: I sure hope so!! I'm rather lucky to have him as well. :smile:

Stace said:

A virgo, like me.....that's a very good sign. :lol:

The Sims 2 - I am a total addict. I've downloaded thousands of items for the game. Sometimes I play The Movies, but it gets kind of tedious and repetitive after awhile. One of these days, I'll start playing Black & White 2. I also play games online at Pogo.

Both of my older daughters are seriously into the Sims.....mostly they like building the houses. I love it when they catch **** on fire.

mixedmedia said:
A virgo, like me.....that's a very good sign. :lol:

Amazingly enough, we don't have too many birthdays in the family around that time of year. Including his family, the majority of the birthdays fall during Feb.-April, July, or December.

Both of my older daughters are seriously into the Sims.....mostly they like building the houses. I love it when they catch **** on fire.

I spend the majority of my time building houses, too. Definitely my favorite part.

I accidentally killed my favorite Sim with fire the other week. *sigh*....

Ivan The Terrible said:
mixedmedia,

The Sims is additive!

Stace,

Ever play civilization?

No, I haven't, though I have a copy of Civ 4 sitting in front of me....but it's hubby's. It's not even installed on my user profile on the computer, and I'm too lazy to install it, and I don't like using his profile. I keep promising him I'll try it out, though, so one of these days.....

Just like to hop in with this being an awesome idea for a thread.:2wave:

And a DP baby shower sounds awesome.

RightatNYU said:
Just like to hop in with this being an awesome idea for a thread.:2wave:

And a DP baby shower sounds awesome.

I know, that's why I suggested it weeks ago, I want my credit damnit!;)

Stace said:
No, I haven't, though I have a copy of Civ 4 sitting in front of me....but it's hubby's. It's not even installed on my user profile on the computer, and I'm too lazy to install it, and I don't like using his profile. I keep promising him I'll try it out, though, so one of these days.....

Civ games were a blast...but my newest addiction is Guildwars...I cant put it down...

Deegan said:
I know, that's why I suggested it weeks ago, I want my credit damnit!;)

Yes, yes, Deegan did suggest this elsewhere a few weeks ago.

jallman said:
Civ games were a blast...but my newest addiction is Guildwars...I cant put it down...

I'm actually about to get myself sucked into Final Fantasy VII again.....never did get around to completely finishing it, and it's been so long since I played I'll be better off just starting over and investing another gazillion hours into it.

Back
Top Bottom