• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Hotseat- Stace

Stace said:
Hey, I'm just answering the questions put forth to me. That's my duty here. No one's turning a blind eye to anything just because it's teacher. I honestly don't see how what he said merited you putting him on your ignore list, but hey, that's your call.
You sound like your being forced at gunpoint to do this. You have a choice in what questions you answer and if you feel like antagonizing me some more.
By answering his question, which his pure intent was to inflame, mne you acknowledge that you approve of things like this.

"Yes teacher. I agree that you have a right to harrass a fellow forum member."

Answering in such a way as you did also say "Yes I agree that Finn MacCool is an attention mongering whore."

Whether this is true or not, and let me say now that I have intention of being an attention monger, you have a choice of keeping these things private, or else leaving your feelings of resentment at my attention mongering to the basement. You did not.

So why are you trying to excuse yourself? Did you have a choice? Yes. You weren't forced to were you? No.

I seemed to have earned your dislike somehow, both you and Teacher, and I regret that I've somehow earne this and if I knew why, I would apologize. However, since I don't know, and since you are going to go ahead and ridicule me while the forum members read this thread without so much asa peep, then okay..

Sorry for the interruption. This is YOUR thread afterall pertaining to YOUR own personal life to better understand YOU. so I'll leave you to do tthat. Sorry for intruding

So Stace,

Why is driving around in a circle exciting to watch?

Are you gonna give up the mam's for milk on the little one?

How do you say no to "butt stuff?"

Hi Stace. Got nothing to ask but you are one cool gal. :2wave:

FinnMacCool said:
You sound like your being forced at gunpoint to do this.

Nope.

You have a choice in what questions you answer and if you feel like antagonizing me some more.

Of course I have a choice. And I choose to answer all questions. No one is antagonizing you.

By answering his question, which his pure intent was to inflame, mne you acknowledge that you approve of things like this.

Actually, I saw it as him just being funny. Humor is a wonderful thing, you know.

"Yes teacher. I agree that you have a right to harrass a fellow forum member."

No one is harassing you. Seeing as how there are mods that are participating in this thread, I'm pretty certain that one would have spoken up had they seen it that way.

Answering in such a way as you did also say "Yes I agree that Finn MacCool is an attention mongering whore."

Uh, not really.

Whether this is true or not,

It's not.

and let me say now that I have intention of being an attention monger,

You do? Really? Then why are you making such a fuss?

you have a choice of keeping these things private, or else leaving your feelings of resentment at my attention mongering to the basement. You did not.

Uh, Finn....if I had "feelings of resentment", you would most definitely know that by now. You are reading FAR too much into what has actually been said.

So why are you trying to excuse yourself? Did you have a choice? Yes. You weren't forced to were you? No.

And your point is? As I said above, I choose to answer ALL questions. That is, after all, the intent of this thread.

I seemed to have earned your dislike somehow, both you and Teacher, and I regret that I've somehow earne this and if I knew why, I would apologize.

I can't speak for teach (though I can guarantee he doesn't like his name to be capitalized), but I don't dislike you at all, and really don't see how you came to that conclusion.

However, since I don't know, and since you are going to go ahead and ridicule me while the forum members read this thread without so much asa peep, then okay..

No one is ridiculing you, and I am at a loss as to why you think so. That's probably why no one else has said anything...because they don't see you being ridiculed, either.

Sorry for the interruption. This is YOUR thread afterall pertaining to YOUR own personal life to better understand YOU. so I'll leave you to do tthat. Sorry for intruding

You're more than welcome here, Finn. But you're right, it IS my thread. :mrgreen:

Billo_Really said:
So Stace,

Why is driving around in a circle exciting to watch?

You'd understand if you actually went to a race. Trust me, I thought it was just driving in circles before I went to one.

And the wrecks are cool, too.

Are you gonna give up the mam's for milk on the little one?

If I'm able to, yes. Not all women are physically able to breastfeed, but I'm damn sure going to try.

How do you say no to "butt stuff?"

Butt stuff? Uh......are we talking butt sex here? Isn't that a little TOO personal? ;)

Stace said:
As are you, m'dear!

Hey, no. Return compliments are not allowed on this thread. You are just supposed to say, "yes Kelzie I know I am."

Okay I thought of a question. Have you gotten a DDR mat yet?

Kelzie said:
Hey, no. Return compliments are not allowed on this thread. You are just supposed to say, "yes Kelzie I know I am."

Okay I thought of a question. Have you gotten a DDR mat yet?

It's my thread, so I get to do what I want, darn it!!!

No, I have not. I am poor and I don't think my poor body could handle that right now!!! Seriously, I can't even sleep without being in pain these days. I try to sleep on my left side like they say I should, but I always wake up with a bruised and sore hip bone. THAT is some major pain, let me tell you! And don't even get me started on the sciatic nerve crap....

Am I scaring you into not wanting kids yet? lol

Stace said:
It's my thread, so I get to do what I want, darn it!!!

No, I have not. I am poor and I don't think my poor body could handle that right now!!! Seriously, I can't even sleep without being in pain these days. I try to sleep on my left side like they say I should, but I always wake up with a bruised and sore hip bone. THAT is some major pain, let me tell you! And don't even get me started on the sciatic nerve crap....

Am I scaring you into not wanting kids yet? lol

It's not your thread. It's our thread. We are merely holding you prisoner. :lol:

I must say I am learning quite a lot about pregancy. So when are you going to post a poll on the little bugger's name?

Stace said:
Butt stuff? Uh......are we talking butt sex here? Isn't that a little TOO personal? ;)
That billo is a classy guy, huh, stace? A real gentleman, that billo.

Kelzie said:
It's not your thread. It's our thread. We are merely holding you prisoner. :lol:

I must say I am learning quite a lot about pregancy. So when are you going to post a poll on the little bugger's name?

I see......:2razz:

Sorry, no polls on names. We've more or less already agreed on a name for a boy. We HAD a name picked out for a girl, but his sister just stole it, and I will never forgive her for it, as she KNEW that we had chosen that name, so she has no freaking excuse. But, picking out a name is some hard work, let me tell you!! Especially with our last name...it's very important to me to pick a name where the whole thing just all flows together nicely, and since I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing my last name, it'd be hard for y'all to help. Besides, I've been getting plenty of unsolicited suggestions from other friends....oy vey!!

KCConservative said:
That billo is a classy guy, huh, stace? A real gentleman, that billo.

Don't we know it.....

Stace said:
Aw.....that's very flattering. :3oops:
'k Stace... I was curious if you are a leadfoot? If you like any other sports, not race related?
Aside from that I just wanted to also say that you are a class act and I, as do many, honestly appreciate your being here.
A suggestion if any of the ladies/gents wanna go with it..?
An online baby shower... Stace provides us with a P.O. box / wish list.
Maybe a little soon yet, but something to consider..?

Apostle13 said:
'k Stace... I was curious if you are a leadfoot?

I assume you're asking if I like to drive fast? That's the only correlation I know of for the term leadfoot...so if that's the case, yes, but I do try to watch myself 'cause speeding tickets aren't fun, and hubby is a cop on top of that, so that wouldn't look too good, either!! If you meant something else, could you elaborate?

If you like any other sports, not race related?

Umm....not really. Though I do like watching gymnastics come Olympics time....I did try to become a football fan. First game I ever watched, was Vikings vs. Packers in a playoff game some years ago....I, of course, was pulling for the Vikes, as I was a Minnesotan....and they lost. My young mind felt sure that I had jinxed them, and I haven't watched a game since.

Oh, wait. I like skateboarding. Used to dabble in that myself a bit.....till it finally sunk in that I was never going to be able to do any tricks, because none of the guys would teach me, or even let me skate when I went to the skate parks with them, 'cause I'd "be in the way".....hmph.

Aside from that I just wanted to also say that you are a class act and I, as do many, honestly appreciate your being here.

Aw. You guys are way too sweet to me!!! But that suggestion is between everyone else....but the thought itself is much appreciated!!! Maybe THAT should be a poll.....:mrgreen:

So stace...hehe I love this thread and have enjoyed reading it throughout the day...

My questions are pretty benign...but here goes:

What do you find most appealing about the queen city of charlotte? Is there any other place you would rather live and, if so, why?

Stace said:
I assume you're asking if I like to drive fast? That's the only correlation I know of for the term leadfoot...so if that's the case, yes, but I do try to watch myself 'cause speeding tickets aren't fun, and hubby is a cop on top of that, so that wouldn't look too good, either!! If you meant something else, could you elaborate?
Oh yes... Sorry. "Leadfoot" as in driving fast. Whatever else? Were you suspecting a Billo type question..? lol
I too was a skateboarder... Avid even. Alot of aches still today that yet remind me. SURFERS RULE!
You should give football another chance. Don't be so superstitious next time.
Apostle13 said:
Stace said:
Aw. You guys are way too sweet to me!!! But that suggestion is between everyone else....but the thought itself is much appreciated!!! Maybe THAT should be a poll.....:mrgreen:
Good answer...Let us see..?
I've yet to initiate my first thread and or poll likely never will... But if anyone wants to run with this idea..? I certainly will participate.

jallman said:
So stace...hehe I love this thread and have enjoyed reading it throughout the day...

My questions are pretty benign...but here goes:

What do you find most appealing about the queen city of charlotte?

Hmmm....the fact that it's an actual city is nice! I spent a lot of time in Minneapolis/St. Paul as a teen, and I missed even being this close to a larger city! I also like not living in a military town anymore. I was getting sick of seeing dealerships, strip joints, pawn shops, and tattoo parlors every 200 feet or so!!

Is there any other place you would rather live and, if so, why?

Minnesota, preferably one of the suburbs right outside of the cities. My family moved there when I was fourteen, and I hated it at first (mostly because I hated leaving my friends), but I grew to love it, even the cold. A part of me will always think of Minnesota as home....since I know I'll never convince hubby to move there....he's lived in NC his whole life, unless you count basic training/AIT and jump school!

Apostle13 said:
Oh yes... Sorry. "Leadfoot" as in driving fast. Whatever else? Were you suspecting a Billo type question..? lol

No, no Billo type question! But there are so many words out there these days that have common useage AND not so common useage, so, you never know sometimes!!

I too was a skateboarder... Avid even. Alot of aches still today that yet remind me. SURFERS RULE!

Hehe, never had the opportunity to really try surfing...not sure I'd want to, either!! A bit scary for my tastes.

You should give football another chance. Don't be so superstitious next time.

I probably will, especially living so close to the home of the Panthers (Bank of America stadium is only about a 15 minute drive from my house). Hubby used to HATE football, but started getting into it when we moved here, and wants to go to a game next season, so we shall see....

Good answer...Let us see..?
I've yet to initiate my first thread and or poll likely never will... But if anyone wants to run with this idea..? I certainly will participate.

Well, that one is left to the masses, so no input from me other than to say that starting your own thread is fun, you should do it at least once!!

Alright, lets get serious.

You have a 1600 amp, 3 phase, 4 wire, 480/277 volt switchboard.

Do you need GFI?

Billo_Really said:
Alright, lets get serious.

You have a 1600 amp, 3 phase, 4 wire, 480/277 volt switchboard.

Do you need GFI?

Ummm.....no clue, as I DON'T have a 1600 amp, 3 phase, 4 wire, 480/227 volt switchboard. Nor do I know what GFI is.

You would think I would know something like this, what with my military experience (I was Ground Radio Maintenance, but we also did PA setups for various events), but alas, our training did not actually cover the PA equipment....we just kinda learned as we went. And that learning was not very in depth, just the basics.

When is little one due?

Do you participate in other forums/online chats?

What computer games do you play?

KCConservative said:
Debating the issues has nothing to do with being polite and friendly. At least with me.

That's very nice of you KC. It surprised me to read your kind words to Stace as well.

Back
Top Bottom