• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Hotseat - jallman

kal-el said:
Hey jallman, sorry I'm late, it seems your times up, but I just found this thread. Anyway, I know we had our differences over on the religion forums, but it's nothing personal, you're a pretty cool guy.:2razz: Anywho, I know you like Smallville, so how did you get into watching it?

I happen to know he likes Bigsville, and wouldn't waste his time on anything but, still, I think your courtship is cute, I hope jallman finds you worthy.;)

kal-el said:
Hey jallman, sorry I'm late, it seems your times up, but I just found this thread. Anyway, I know we had our differences over on the religion forums, but it's nothing personal, you're a pretty cool guy.:2razz: Anywho, I know you like Smallville, so how did you get into watching it?

I became friends with a guy who likes smallville and we started making it a thursday thing to hang out here at my place and watch it. It wasnt until recently, like last season that I really got into it. I went out and rented a bunch of the previous seasons' episodes and caught up one weekend.

As for our differences of opinion with religion...yeah I think there is a reason you are not supposed to talk about religion with people you like. LOL

Deegan said:
I happen to know he likes Bigsville, and wouldn't waste his time on anything but, still, I think your courtship is cute, I hope jallman finds you worthy.;)

Deegan, this conversation is between A and B, kindly C your way out, thanks.

Originally posted by jallman
I became friends with a guy who likes smallville and we started making it a thursday thing to hang out here at my place and watch it. It wasnt until recently, like last season that I really got into it. I went out and rented a bunch of the previous seasons' episodes and caught up one weekend.

O, ok, just curiuos, does your other half watch it?

As for our differences of opinion with religion...yeah I think there is a reason you are not supposed to talk about religion with people you like. LOL

Yea, but I engage in alot of discussion about religion at my job, sure I get my points across, but I found it is much harder to debate in person. And with people you like, it is hard (for me anyway) not to come off as an asshole if you disagree with them on every single point. But mostly, I try to save talking about religion for here, as at my job everybody already knows where I stand, so most don't even talk about it around me.:2razz:

kal-el said:
Deegan, this conversation is between A and B, kindly C your way out, thanks.

BE nice to deegan...he is a good sport and what he said isnt all that far from the truth. :)

O, ok, just curiuos, does your other half watch it?

My other half watches it, yes. I dont think he comprehends it as soon as Clark makes an entrance on the screen...hell, at that point he doesnt even comprehend his own name. One of the biggest arguments we got into was over him trying to hang a poster of Clark Kent in MY office. It didnt fly with me. I am a Lex man, myself. :mrgreen:

Yea, but I engage in alot of discussion about religion at my job, sure I get my points across, but I found it is much harder to debate in person. And with people you like, it is hard (for me anyway) not to come off as an asshole if you disagree with them on every single point. But mostly, I try to save talking about religion for here, as at my job everybody already knows where I stand, so most don't even talk about it around me.:2razz:

Well, I kind of had to step back and think about it...you arent saying anything I havent thought about...but you do tend to be a bit offensive (and I think with purpose most of the time) and brutal in your assertions. Plus, I have a hard time distinguishing when you are talking about fundamentalist christians and when you are talking about more moderate christians.

jallman said:
BE nice to deegan...he is a good sport and what he said isnt all that far from the truth. :)

Hey this guy started with me first, right out of the blue. Do you think it's unreasonable to defend myself against his calumny?

My other half watches it, yes. I dont think he comprehends it as soon as Clark makes an entrance on the screen...hell, at that point he doesnt even comprehend his own name. One of the biggest arguments we got into was over him trying to hang a poster of Clark Kent in MY office. It didnt fly with me. I am a Lex man, myself. :mrgreen:

Hehe, what about Bo Duke (Jonathan Kent)?

Well, I kind of had to step back and think about it...you arent saying anything I havent thought about...but you do tend to be a bit offensive (and I think with purpose most of the time) and brutal in your assertions. Plus, I have a hard time distinguishing when you are talking about fundamentalist christians and when you are talking about more moderate christians.

Saying "moderate" Christians, does that mean any Christian? No, I don't have any animosity with one who is Christian in name, and thinks of God as a concept, but Christians who take everything in the bible literally, and who believe God is an actual entity, then yes, I do have displeasure with those.

Back
Top Bottom