• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Horror of Nuclear War is Imminent. Think, People, Think!

I know you think that you phrased your bogus loaded gotcha question well enough to quibble. Quibble on.
There’s no quibbling to be had. Countries possessing nuclear arsenals have complete control of their use, or nonuse.

There’s no quibbling to be had. Countries possessing nuclear arsenals have complete control of their use, or nonuse.

Of course the Nuclear Planning Group idea is bull:poop:. But to say that NATO doesn't have nuclear weapons, and then you tried to piggyback your line on top of that ... what, in an attempt to save from admitting that NATO is all about nuclear weapons?

Before you know it, Russia is going to have to sell their nuclear arsenal just to pay down their debt. That's all they will have left.
That would be a bad thing, better they stay under state control, and not be distributed to smaller, nonstate entities.

i don't know and i don't care. Is it beyond you to address the point of post, and not go off on a tangent?
Maybe you shouldn’t have jumped onboard with @Ontologuy’s bull shit claim of Zelensky “threatening to place NATO nuclear missiles within 400 miles of Moscow”.

Of course the Nuclear Planning Group idea is bull:poop:. But to say that NATO doesn't have nuclear weapons, and then you tried to piggyback your line on top of that ... what, in an attempt to save from admitting that NATO is all about nuclear weapons?
Keep spinning like this ^^ and you’re going to get a rip in your leotard.

Maybe you shouldn’t have jumped onboard with @Ontologuy’s bull shit claim of Zelensky “threatening to place NATO nuclear missiles within 400 miles of Moscow”.
....uh, i didn't? reread my ****ing post. I was dismissive of such claims, not endorsing them. You could have chosen to NOT have been a dummy, in addressing my argument, you know. You COULD have CHOSEN to be smart about this.

so i suggest you take the intelligent route this time and actually respond to the point i made, that zelensky lost this and it's time to get serious about peace talks.

....uh, i didn't? reread my ****ing post. I was dismissive of such claims, not endorsing them. You could have chosen to NOT have been a dummy, in addressing my argument, you know. You COULD have CHOSEN to be smart about this.
You were resistant to supporting your agreement with @Ontologuy regarding Zelensky’s purported threat, not dismissive of it.

Stop assuming others are dumb enough to buy the crap you peddle.

so i suggest you take the intelligent route this time and actually respond to the point i made, that zelensky lost this and it's time to get serious about peace talks.
I'm pretty sure the same thing could have been said about George Washington at some point.

Does it make you proud that you are so pro Putin and so pro trump?

You didn’t make a point. You made an assertion. An unsupported assertion.

You were resistant to supporting your agreement with @Ontologuy regarding Zelensky’s purported threat, not dismissive of it.
I don't care what you think about it. I didn't endorse it, so **** off.
Stop assuming others are dumb enough to buy the crap you peddle.
Instead of pretending to be a mindreader, why not do something productive and address my post? still waiting.

You didn’t make a point. You made an assertion. An unsupported assertion.
based on evidence yes, zelensky has lost. This useless stuff doesn't matter now. What matters is whether he is ever going to be serious in peace talks.

I'm pretty sure the same thing could have been said about George Washington at some point.
no, it couldn't. Zelensky's case is entirely unique.
Does it make you proud that you are so pro Putin and so pro trump?
I'm only marginally pro-trump, and i am not pro-putin at all. He is a dictator who squashes all dissent and does not afford freedom to his subjects. Not my style.

What you're mad at is that i won't pretend that Ukraine is some freedom-loving democracy that shares values with the west. It doesn't. I won't drink the kool aid and support the ukrainian government without any sort of examination.

no, it couldn't. Zelensky's case is entirely unique.

I'm only marginally pro-trump, and i am not pro-putin at all. He is a dictator who squashes all dissent and does not afford freedom to his subjects. Not my style.

What you're mad at is that i won't pretend that Ukraine is some freedom-loving democracy that shares values with the west. It doesn't. I won't drink the kool aid and support the ukrainian government without any sort of examination.
There are points in many wars when it looks like one side is not going to survive. If you like to give up or are a quitter that's fine, but other people don't.

You push a ton of Russian propaganda. You should at least have the integrity to admit that.

There are points in many wars when it looks like one side is not going to survive. If you like to give up or are a quitter that's fine, but other people don't.
dude, this ain't it.
You push a ton of Russian propaganda. You should at least have the integrity to admit that.
I don't even know what that means. When I turn on the TV, i don't see any russian propaganda, i see corporate propaganda, and simply by disagreeing, that's "russian propaganda"?

No, propaganda doesn't work that way, that's just ignorance.

War with Russia will be instantly nuclear, with very few surviving, if any.

Zelenskyy must surrender, immediately, as he is not only in the ethical wrong for threatening to place NATO nuclear missiles within 400 miles of Moscow, thereby causing this war, he is also morally wrong for calling for the U.S. to create a no-fly zone, as we all know that would receive an immediate nuclear response from Putin, as he has promised.

We must remember, that we ought not participate in a battle between countries requiring us to pick the side on which we wish to be vaporized.

The only fight here is between nuclear missiles and humanity. Anyone who thinks otherwise is on the side of the missiles.
So where do you draw the line? At what point does the US get militarily involved against Russia? Clearly you think we capitulate and give Putin anything he wants because he is holding the free world hostage with the threat that he would use nukes if anyone does anything he doesn't like.
Except does he really want a shooting war, much less a nuclear war, agains the US and it's NATO allies. In that war Russia is out nuked, and outnumbered with conventional weapons and manpower. Does Putin want to guarantee Russia's annihilation for a shooting war? I don't think he does, but we cannot allow him to threaten the world while he invades a free nation.
Putins has nukes, with NATO we have more nukes. Putin has a large army but the US and our allies have a larger military force and ours is more high tech as we have seen in the war with Ukraine, the Russians have some serious military performance issues.
Biden and his state department are afraid to stand up. Is it they fear what Putin will do and don't think we can win against him? Do they fear they are not capable leaders to lead us in such a war? Is Biden afraid that whatever Putin knows about the Biden money pot will come out? It certainly looks like Biden is avoiding direct conflict to stop this war.

russia isn't paying. His country is. If he wants peace(which he doesn't) he has to get serious with the peace talks. Nothing russia demanded is unreasonable, and they can be talked down on a few points.
Russia is paying in blood and treasure, and the more blood and treasure he can get them to shed, the better his negotiating position.

Zelenskyy must surrender, immediately, as he is not only in the ethical wrong for threatening to place NATO nuclear missiles within 400 miles of Moscow, thereby causing this war, he is also morally wrong for calling for the U.S. to create a no-fly zone, as we all know that would receive an immediate nuclear response from Putin, as he has promised.

We must remember, that we ought not participate in a battle between countries requiring us to pick the side on which we wish to be vaporized.

The only fight here is between nuclear missiles and humanity. Anyone who thinks otherwise is on the side of the missiles.
Yawn

I made it thru the first cold war, I think i will survive the second.

"Zelensky must surrender". Thats rich.

I have lived with the nuclear threat as long as it has existed and as long as I have lived. You don't give in to a tyrant and his tyranny because he is "threatening". It sorta' comes with the territory.

Suck it up buttercup.

The Horror of Nuclear War is Imminent. Think, People, Think!
The Horror of Nuclear War has been imminent my entire life.
Grew up with it over my shoulder.

Do they not teach that to you kids these days?
Why are you suddenly so shocked?

For some novel value of "instantly"
Putin has already said NATO and the US are attacking Russia.
So, when does the "war" actually start?

Zelenskyy must surrender, immediately,
Because we live in the shadow of the threat of imminent nuclear war?

Should we give in every time Russia threatens nuclear war??

It seems at some point we have to tell Russia to get ****ed.
ymmv

as he is not only in the ethical wrong for threatening to place NATO nuclear missiles within 400 miles of Moscow, thereby causing this war
You failed to provide a cite for this assertion for some reason.

, he is also morally wrong for calling for the U.S. to create a no-fly zone, as we all know that would receive an immediate nuclear response from Putin, as he has promised.
Because we live in the shadow of the threat of imminent nuclear war?

Should we give in every time Russia threatens nuclear war??

based on evidence yes, zelensky has lost. This useless stuff doesn't matter now. What matters is whether he is ever going to be serious in peace talks.
Where’s your evidence that Zelensky has lost?

He’s still in charge, and Ukrainian’s continue to kick Russian asses.

Without needed support, Ukraine will be taken over by Putin.

Even if it comes to that point, Zelensky and the citizens of Ukraine will not be beaten.

That you don’t understand says everything about your frame of thinking.

Back
Top Bottom