• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Hollowness of "Pro-Life"

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Has there ever been an easier position to take than to declare oneself, "Pro-life"?

Think about it.

There is no work, only words. "I am pro-life."

There' certainly is no heavy lifting; that is something for the pregnant woman to bear. Just force the promiscuous woman to carry the pregnancy to term and walk away. You've done your job. You are pro-life.

Raise the child? Hell, that too is a burden for others to bear. Let someone else figure out how to feed it, provide shelter and healthcare. You're pro-life, goddammit. You did your share.

Why care if the pregnant lady is poor, drug addled, a drunk, simply incompetent or unwilling to be a mother? It's not your concern. You're pro-life.

So what if she was raped by her father or even a dozen men on a pool table? She probably deserved it anyway; amirite?

Yes, being pro-life rings hollow. It's the easiest job on earth.

I wonder if pro life people think pregnant women should be attending Trump’s rallies.

Has there ever been an easier position to take than to declare oneself, "Pro-life"?

Think about it.

There' certainly is no heavy lifting; that is something for the pregnant woman to bear. Just force the promiscuous woman to carry the pregnancy to term and walk away. You've done your job. You are pro-life.

Raise the child? Hell, that too is a burden for others to bear. Let someone else figure out how to feed it, provide shelter and healthcare. You're pro-life, goddammit. You did your share.

Why care if the pregnant lady is poor, drug addled, a drunk, simply incompetent or unwilling to be a mother? It's not your concern. You're pro-life.

So what if she was raped by her father or even a dozen men on a pool table? She probably deserved it anyway; amirite?

Never thought of the pro-life position from the angle of the effort required to support the movement. Yep, no political, financial, or physical help required. Just sit back and tell the world "I'm pro-life", "Women are sluts" and demand that the wife bring another cold beer.

Never thought of the pro-life position from the angle of the effort required to support the movement. Yep, no political, financial, or physical help required. Just sit back and tell the world "I'm pro-life", "Women are sluts" and demand that the wife bring another cold beer.

You had me at cold beer.

Think about it.

It's alot of self-indulgent self-righteous outrage from people that will not have to pay the consequences of that pregnancy. Easy armchair judging.

And there's nothing noble about carrying thru with an unplanned or accidental pregnancy...it's the path of least resistance once you get pregnant...get pregnant and do nothing? End up with a kid. That's the same process for every other mammal :roll: Not to mention that such women are unlikely to stop drinking, smoking, doing drugs and having a much higher risk of having a physically or mentally damaged baby.

I'm sticking with quality of life over quantity.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

It's alot of self-indulgent self-righteous outrage from people that will not have to pay the consequences of that pregnancy. Easy armchair judging.
Yes, my point exactly.

And there's nothing noble about carrying thru with an unplanned or accidental pregnancy...it's the path of least resistance once you get pregnant...get pregnant and do nothing? End up with a kid. That's the same process for every other mammal :roll: Not to mention that such women are unlikely to stop drinking, smoking, doing drugs and having a much higher risk of having a physically or mentally damaged baby.
Correct.

I'm sticking with quality of life over quantity.
It's clever marketing that sells this pro-birther idea to people: convince them that the fetus is a bouncing baby saying, "Mama."

Once you stick that image in someone's head, they see abortion as barbaric. I get it. Trouble is; the image is a lie. Most abortions involve removing something that does not yet resemble a human being in any way shape or form. But, that reality does not stop people from pretending different.

I always ask this. Why does a person in their 50's and 60's (40's and 30's too, for that matter) care about something growing inside of another human being? Do they want the child? Hell no. Will they feed the child? Yeah, when pigs fly. So, what is their vested interest? Only one answer comes out--they cannot abide by a woman choosing that fetus's fate.

Ironically, the Bible approves of abortion...if a man deems it necessary.

Numbers 5:11-31 NIV - The Test for an Unfaithful Wife - Then - Bible Gateway
‘If a man’s wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him 13 so that another man has sexual relations with her, and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected...here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

Funny how that works.

Do they want the child? Hell no. Will they feed the child? Yeah, when pigs fly. So, what is their vested interest? Only one answer comes out--they cannot abide by a woman choosing that fetus's fate.

Ironically, the Bible approves of abortion...if a man deems it necessary.

Funny how that works.

I like this one, which makes it clear how little the unborn means to God. Certainly much less than the woman.

Psalms 58:8 "Let them be as a snail which melts away as it goes along, like the miscarriages of a woman which never see the sun."​

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Think about it.

To be fair, it's even easier to be a BLM "supporter." You don't even have to speak. All you have to do is put a sign on your lawn in the hope that it will save your house from being trashed when the "protesters" march by, or raise your fist in "solidarity" to get them to stop screaming at you while you eat dinner.

As a single male atheist I've always tried to keep out of this discussion. However I can't see how there can't be some kind of compromise. Let's say somewhere between a day after pill and 8 months 3 weeks term abortion is okay.

As a single male atheist I've always tried to keep out of this discussion. However I can't see how there can't be some kind of compromise. Let's say somewhere between a day after pill and 8 months 3 weeks term abortion is okay.

There is a legal limit of 12 weeks on most abortions. The so-called late term abortions are done only for health reasons.

I think you're good. No elective abortions take place that late anyway. No one is aborting healthy viable fetuses. And no Dr is compelled to do so (unless the mother's life is at risk).

To be fair, it's even easier to be a BLM "supporter." You don't even have to speak. All you have to do is put a sign on your lawn in the hope that it will save your house from being trashed when the "protesters" march by, or raise your fist in "solidarity" to get them to stop screaming at you while you eat dinner.

Start a BLM thread and put it where is belongs. This is the abortion forum.

There is a legal limit of 12 weeks on most abortions. The so-called late term abortions are done only for health reasons.

No there is not. That's unConstitutional under RvW. There are some states with no limit at all. The entire country of Canada has none.

And it's not necessary...no such elective late term abortions take place. Some later than 12 weeks but not late term ones. Zero.

There already is. Religious conservative anti-abortion advocates would rather you didn't know about it. They would like you to think of abortion providers as slavering monsters of evil. They have gone to great length to obscure the fact that doctors simply don't do abortions on viable, healthy, genetically sound fetuses after the 20th week, unless the mother is going to die or the fetus is grossly malformed and cannot sustain life. It's not ethical and if they should do an abortion after that time there is a mountain of paperwork to fill out justifying and documenting the abortion. What anti--abortion people refuse to acknowledge is that 99.9% of American doctors are intelligent, ethical, responsible, practical professionals skilled at what they do and make quite a good living doing it. None of them is going to jeopardize their life or their license to practice by doing something stupid, illegal, unethical irresponsible, unprofessional and impractical as performing illegal abortions. Only one doctor has tried it, Dr. Gosnell. He is in jail awaiting life sentencing or execution (I forget which)

As for staying out of the discussion, don't do that. The abortion issue effects everyone. At the core of the Christian rights anti-abortion position is denial of the right to make personal decisions about defining who we are as persons. It is the right to choose careers, religion, philosophy, who we marry, how many children we have, what we teach them, how we choose to live. If conservative Christians can wield enough political power to deny women this right, then they have the power to deny you your rights also.

Last edited:
Everybody is pro-life since nobody is pro-death.

What reasonable people are against is abortion on demand, after 20 weeks, with exceptions like mother's physical health, rape, incest, and "fetus" incurable medical problems.

The problem is that if we turned the abort-them-anytime-for-any-reason feminazis like Hillary and Obama loose, we would be aborting them anytime and for any reason - even a minute before birth. In fact, Obama voted against a bill that would prevent killing the baby that's already out if the abortionist botched the abortion. That is beyond disgusting.

Just wondering...how many women died from the self-inflicted abortions before Roe? My bet is that if we banned abortions entirely (with the exceptions as above), the number of deaths would be insignificant.

The stigma of being a single mother is all gone and there are thousands of couples in waiting. Plus, a woman can now drop off the newborn at the designated places with no questions asked.

There is already a compromise. Elective abortions are illegal after viability which is 24 weeks. 90% of abortions are before 3 months.

In 2008, 1.2 million abortions occurred in the United States, of which 6.2% took place between 13 weeks of gestation and 15 weeks of gestation, and 4.0% took place at 16 weeks of gestation or later 2 3. Only 1.3% of abortions are performed at 21 weeks of gestation or later

Second-Trimester Abortion | ACOG

Last edited:
There is already a compromise. Elective abortions are illegal after viability which is 24 weeks. 90% of abortions are before 3 months.

In 2008, 1.2 million abortions occurred in the United States, of which 6.2% took place between 13 weeks of gestation and 15 weeks of gestation, and 4.0% took place at 16 weeks of gestation or later 2 3. Only 1.3% of abortions are performed at 21 weeks of gestation or later

Second-Trimester Abortion | ACOG

Glad to hear it. I was mal-informed.

Everybody is pro-life since nobody is pro-death.

What reasonable people are against is abortion on demand, after 20 weeks, with exceptions like mother's physical health, rape, incest, and "fetus" incurable medical problems.

The problem is that if we turned the abort-them-anytime-for-any-reason feminazis like Hillary and Obama loose, we would be aborting them anytime and for any reason - even a minute before birth. In fact, Obama voted against a bill that would prevent killing the baby that's already out if the abortionist botched the abortion. That is beyond disgusting.

Just wondering...how many women died from the self-inflicted abortions before Roe? My bet is that if we banned abortions entirely (with the exceptions as above), the number of deaths would be insignificant.

The stigma of being a single mother is all gone and there are thousands of couples in waiting. Plus, a woman can now drop off the newborn at the designated places with no questions asked.

As if dumping a newborn is any less traumatic for mother or baby than an abortion :roll:

“Hey, mom. Where did I come from?”

“Who the **** knows, Junior. I’m not your mama. Your real mother dropped you off at one of the designated places, no questions asked.”

At least an aborted fetus doesn’t have any concerns.

As if dumping a newborn is any less traumatic for mother or baby than an abortion :roll:

“Hey, mom. Where did I come from?”

“Who the **** knows, Junior. I’m not your mama. Your real mother dropped you off at one of the designated places, no questions asked.”

At least an aborted fetus doesn’t have any concerns.
Would you mind adjusting your vocabulary to reality? No woman dumped her baby at a police station or a hospital. She just handed it over. Gently.

Would you mind adjusting your vocabulary to reality? No woman dumped her baby at a police station or a hospital. She just handed it over. Gently.
Correction:

"Who the **** knows, Junior. I’m not your mama. Your real mother dropped you off at one of the designated places, no questions asked. But, I hear she handed you over gently.”

Back
Top Bottom