• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Hollowness of "Pro-Life"

There is already a compromise. Elective abortions are illegal after viability which is 24 weeks. 90% of abortions are before 3 months.

In 2008, 1.2 million abortions occurred in the United States, of which 6.2% took place between 13 weeks of gestation and 15 weeks of gestation, and 4.0% took place at 16 weeks of gestation or later 2 3. Only 1.3% of abortions are performed at 21 weeks of gestation or later

Second-Trimester Abortion | ACOG

There are no limits on when elective abortions may take place in many states...RvW left that decision up to the states. OTOH, in those states and the entire contry of Canada...no such elective abortions take place anyway. Women do not abort healthy viable fetuses.

Re: the other data, of that 1.3% of abortions performed at 21 weeks or later, those are generally not elective...those are medically necessary abortions. When abortion is accessible to women, they do not have to wait to save $$, travel, take more time off work, find a clinic in another state, etc and so later term elective abortions are very rare. Conversely, when facilities are restricted, the chances of later term abortions go up.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Has there ever been an easier position to take than to declare oneself, "Pro-life"?

Think about it.

There is no work, only words. "I am pro-life."

There' certainly is no heavy lifting; that is something for the pregnant woman to bear. Just force the promiscuous woman to carry the pregnancy to term and walk away. You've done your job. You are pro-life.

Raise the child? Hell, that too is a burden for others to bear. Let someone else figure out how to feed it, provide shelter and healthcare. You're pro-life, goddammit. You did your share.

Why care if the pregnant lady is poor, drug addled, a drunk, simply incompetent or unwilling to be a mother? It's not your concern. You're pro-life.

So what if she was raped by her father or even a dozen men on a pool table? She probably deserved it anyway; amirite?

Yes, being pro-life rings hollow. It's the easiest job on earth.

Nothing but, avoiding a baron sterile life, going nowhere, choosing not to get in the gutter, taught, the difference right from wrong, having pride, being proud, not being used, having a brain and using it...... or become a feminist and the bias and bigotry necessary to readily murder a child...... see no fairy tales, just black and white..... no pool tables.... no fathers wanting to abuse the people they love most, their children, no drugs necessary to justify the bigotry, no poverty to justify poor excuses..... honour, morality, common decency, duty.... or the feminist way..... scrape the bottom of the barrel to make excuses, for abhorrent what I would consider deviant behaviours. My way is a million years of evolution, yours, isn't it's an aberration of human behaviour which if accepted by the masses a corruption of everything humanity was built.

Just goes to show, one persons drivel is another's.
Instead of looking at the wrapper, one should look at the substance.

Did you not find that funny? OMG I find it so funny.

Sorry I dont watch stupid leftist videos.

You don’t have to! I watched it and now every time I see your av I laugh and laugh. The video was really for me to explain something to you, but like all avenues of education, you have put your hand up and said “PLEASE NO MORE AH CAN’T TAKE IT NO MORE!”

;)

Why not,? To be fair, all of us liberals have to watch a stupid conservative president talk nonsense every day.

No you dont. In America you are free to remain an uninformed leftist. No one will force you to watch your President,.

You don’t have to! I watched it and now every time I see your av I laugh and laugh. The video was really for me to explain something to you, but like all avenues of education, you have put your hand up and said “PLEASE NO MORE AH CAN’T TAKE IT NO MORE!”

;)

Antifa people are failed human beings,

Why not,? To be fair, all of us liberals have to watch a stupid conservative president talk nonsense every day.
I thought you had to listen to an American traitor or an American traitor..... to an outsider such as me, I can see through both and compare them to the vermin that runs out political system. But ours was corrupted in 1974 by Churchill and his cronies who were drummed out of there seats in Westminster and there military commissions, but the damage was done to the system.

Nothing but, avoiding a baron sterile life, going nowhere, choosing not to get in the gutter, taught, the difference right from wrong, having pride, being proud, not being used, having a brain and using it...... or become a feminist and the bias and bigotry necessary to readily murder a child...... see no fairy tales, just black and white..... no pool tables.... no fathers wanting to abuse the people they love most, their children, no drugs necessary to justify the bigotry, no poverty to justify poor excuses..... honour, morality, common decency, duty.... or the feminist way..... scrape the bottom of the barrel to make excuses, for abhorrent what I would consider deviant behaviours. My way is a million years of evolution, yours, isn't it's an aberration of human behaviour which if accepted by the masses a corruption of everything humanity was built.

No pool tables?????

You are priceless

Has there ever been an easier position to take than to declare oneself, "Pro-life"?

Think about it.

There' certainly is no heavy lifting; that is something for the pregnant woman to bear. Just force the promiscuous woman to carry the pregnancy to term and walk away. You've done your job. You are pro-life.

Raise the child? Hell, that too is a burden for others to bear. Let someone else figure out how to feed it, provide shelter and healthcare. You're pro-life, goddammit. You did your share.

Why care if the pregnant lady is poor, drug addled, a drunk, simply incompetent or unwilling to be a mother? It's not your concern. You're pro-life.

So what if she was raped by her father or even a dozen men on a pool table? She probably deserved it anyway; amirite?

It's really pro fetus

I never find someone squawking funny or of any interest. And child can be loud, shout and scream..... it doesn't make it funny.

I thought it was hilarious as ****. I’M AN EAGLE WITH A HAAAAAAAAAAT <snort>

What reasonable people are against is abortion on demand, after 20 weeks, with exceptions like mother's physical health, rape, incest, and "fetus" incurable medical problems.

Why an exception for rape/incest? Is the 20+ week fetus conceived in rape or incest less valuable than that conceived in consensual sex?

As has already been pointed out, women do not abort past viability without significant reason ie. her life, severe deformity of fetus.

The problem is that if we turned the abort-them-anytime-for-any-reason feminazis like Hillary and Obama loose, we would be aborting them anytime and for any reason - even a minute before birth. In fact, Obama voted against a bill that would prevent killing the baby that's already out if the abortionist botched the abortion. That is beyond disgusting.

Bovine excrement. There are no laws against abortion here in Canada, yet doctor will not do them past viability.

There are already protections for those that survive an abortion. No new laws are needed.

Just wondering...how many women died from the self-inflicted abortions before Roe? My bet is that if we banned abortions entirely (with the exceptions as above), the number of deaths would be insignificant.

So, women are expendable?

The stigma of being a single mother is all gone and there are thousands of couples in waiting. Plus, a woman can now drop off the newborn at the designated places with no questions asked.

Yeah, just ask women to give their babies away like an unwanted puppy or kitten .....

Think about it.

That's right, you can be pro-life without being pro-health, pro-education, pro-happiness and a myriad of other things that give life its value.

Pro-life is a lazy, myopic, dogmatic position, perfect for those who want to show how ****ing pious they are without ever having to think about the "C" word- no, not "choice", consequences.

That's right, you can be pro-life without being pro-health, pro-education, pro-happiness and a myriad of other things that give life its value.

Pro-life is a lazy, myopic, dogmatic position, perfect for those who want to show how ****ing pious they are without ever having to think about the "C" word- no, not "choice", consequences.

I think you expressed that very well.

Thank you.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Start a BLM thread and put it where is belongs. This is the abortion forum.

You made a claim about something being "hollow." We have to establish a standard for what that means, or why it matters.

I imagine there are many beliefs you hold that require no "heavy lifting." It certainly doesn't take any intelligence or commitment to call practically everyone who disagrees with you a "Nazi." Who cares?

Back
Top Bottom