• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Hierarchy of Race in America

Roger Duke

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Here we go again. This time it's between Russia and Ukraine. It looks like another "I want my land back" war.
Every time I see these things I think about Indigenous Americans and how they have been treated these past several centuries. Why are they now the lowest people on the totem pole (pun not intended but reference is) in America?
If you watch Hollywood, the mainstream media and just about anything that represents modern American culture, the hierarchy is clear: In order.....Blacks, whites, Hispanics, Asians, Indigenous Americans.
Need proof? Just ask yourself who the most famous living Indigenous American is. Not exactly a household name. And why don't we ever see the media doing stories about the past and current plight of Indigenous People? Are we marginalizing them because there is no concern of them taking their land back, or simply because they don't complain loud enough...or both?

1. Well, some sports teams have changed their names -- even though most Native Americans did not seem to be offended as much as their Caucasian woke supporters (who are always looking for an excuse to cause trouble).

2. Native Americans have their own semi-independent nations. That sets them apart from other ethnicities in this strange nation.

3. Yes, unlike a certain other ethnicity, they are not following that adage: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

a. Maybe they are smart to not whine too much. Such constant whining can turn people against them.

4. CRT is all the rage today.

a. Maybe students should learn more about what the US government has done to Native Americans over the centuries. Not a pretty picture.

"And why don't we ever see the media doing stories about the past and current plight of Indigenous People?"
There are several reasons for that. Generally speaking, Americans don't like hearing about the atrocities that our forefathers committed.
It wouldn't sell. Hollywood wants money not necessarily an art form. Plus the fact that we Americans might feel guilty about the past...
..which is truly idiotic. Most of us had nothing to do with it. Hell, my ancestors in Australia (probably..I don't know) treated the Aborigines like crap
..took their land and worst. I STILL want to know about it so I can raise holy hell if something like that starts up again.
A part of me wants to tell people, who can't handle the truth> "Oh..you poor thing..bring the smelling salts....you are burden with those horrible things that happened long ago." "Yeah..think about those poor bastards that had to go through all the shit" ..."at least they were not candy asses like you."

1. Well, some sports teams have changed their names -- even though most Native Americans did not seem to be offended as much as their Caucasian woke supporters (who are always looking for an excuse to cause trouble).

2. Native Americans have their own semi-independent nations. That sets them apart from other ethnicities in this strange nation.

3. Yes, unlike a certain other ethnicity, they are not following that adage: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

a. Maybe they are smart to not whine too much. Such constant whining can turn people against them.

a. Maybe students should learn more about what the US government has done to Native Americans over the centuries. Not a pretty picture.
The rank system was released decades ago.

In order it goes...

1. whites
2. Blacks
3. Japs/chinks
4. Puerto Ricans

Proof of study linked.

Here we go again. This time it's between Russia and Ukraine. It looks like another "I want my land back" war.
Every time I see these things I think about Indigenous Americans and how they have been treated these past several centuries. Why are they now the lowest people on the totem pole (pun not intended but reference is) in America?
If you watch Hollywood, the mainstream media and just about anything that represents modern American culture, the hierarchy is clear: In order.....Blacks, whites, Hispanics, Asians, Indigenous Americans.
Need proof? Just ask yourself who the most famous living Indigenous American is. Not exactly a household name. And why don't we ever see the media doing stories about the past and current plight of Indigenous People? Are we marginalizing them because there is no concern of them taking their land back, or simply because they don't complain loud enough...or both?
There isn't a good angle to exploit like videos of cops shooting them as they resist arrest.

PBS does stories on indigenous people.

Here's one that will give a lot of insight:

"Write it out."

Citing an issue completely unrelated to race as a segue to another of your thinly veiled race baiting, lib bashing threads, fail.
Every time I see these things I think about Indigenous Americans and how they have been treated these past several centuries.
Sure you do.

Here’s a short list of Native American charities you can consider giving to to assuage your own pain.

What , specifically, are you upset about today? Your OP makes no sense.

1. Whether or not a portion of any minority group supports the elimination of historically racist images, names, etc., associated with any sports team is not, at all, justification for not doing so.
2. In your time, there were many folks incorrectly identified as Caucasians”. That never accurate, racist label no longer applies.
And? Do you have any clue what life is like for most folks living on reservations? Ever personally known anyone that grew up on a reservation?

More long held (no doubt) idiotic assumptions.
Among morons.
Yep, everyone should know.

It's weird to me that there are people who pretend to believe that black people are somehow treated better by our society than any other group. It's like the weakest gaslighting in the history of the country, do they think they are fooling someone with this white supremacist propaganda, or do they just enjoy telling lies?

It's weird to me that there are people who pretend to believe that black people are somehow treated better by our society than any other group. It's like the weakest gaslighting in the history of the country, do they think they are fooling someone with this white supremacist propaganda, or do they just enjoy telling lies?
It's weird to me how liberals, who always claim to be inclusive, will hold one group high on a pedestal yet trample over other groups, simply because they are riding the current politically correct wave of the day. All the cool libs are doing it. Do you really think they are fooling someone with their racism against Indigenous Americans?

It's weird to me how liberals, who always claim to be inclusive, will hold one group high on a pedestal yet trample over other groups, simply because they are riding the current politically correct wave of the day. All the cool libs are doing it. Do you really think they are fooling someone with their racism against Indigenous Americans?
Who do you perceive is placed on a pedestal?

What , specifically, are you upset about today? Your OP makes no sense.
Can't think of a single famous living Indigenous American can you? It's not just you. Nobody can.

Who do you perceive is placed on a pedestal?
Perceive? There is no perception involved. Only facts. Do you watch any TV at all?

Perceive? There is no perception involved. Only facts. Do you watch any TV at all?
Who do you think is factually placed on a pedestal?

Is that the source of today's upset?
You have to admit that for a political party that claims to be unbiased and inclusive, Democrats sure put people to the back of the bus based on their skin color. I get it though. Biden, Hollywood and the liberal media do that....so if I was a mindless sheep who knew nothing but how to follow my leaders, I might do the same thing.

You have to admit that for a political party that claims to be unbiased and inclusive, Democrats sure put people to the back of the bus based on their skin color. I get it though. Biden, Hollywood and the liberal media do that....so if I was a mindless sheep who knew nothing but how to follow my leaders, I might do the same thing.
Could you try doing a better job of crystalizing your upsets so posters have some idea as to what you're talking about? These random, generic "I hate liberals, etc." threads are really boring; they lack substance and introspection.

Could you try doing a better job of crystalizing your upsets so posters have some idea as to what you're talking about? These random, generic "I hate liberals, etc." threads are really boring; they lack substance and introspection.
On one hand you claim my posts are boring yet your actions prove otherwise.
You must have strange TV viewing habits. Do you scroll down through the channels and then spend all your time watching the most boring one?

Back
Top Bottom