• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The height of hypocrisy......

Donkey1499 said:
Moses wrote Genesis, Exodus, and a couple other books. All of which appear in the Torah. And Genesis says numerous times that God is a man. If you don't trust the word of Moses, then why even be a Jew?
What? Please tell me where it says God is a man? Please, I beg of you! And don't pull this "Created man in his own image" because man is used as a general term.

And plus, what in the hell makes you think her to be unfaithful because of that? Because she's not a fundamentalist? I'm very faithful, I believe in God to the point where for me it's a certainty, but I don't believe God is a man or a woman. I believe that gender is a human thing, and thus God is far greater than that. Plus, from what I've read in the bible, it seems pretty evident that ones faith is not determined by one's opinions on God's sexual organs.

galenrox said:
What? Please tell me where it says God is a man? Please, I beg of you! And don't pull this "Created man in his own image" because man is used as a general term.

And plus, what in the hell makes you think her to be unfaithful because of that? Because she's not a fundamentalist? I'm very faithful, I believe in God to the point where for me it's a certainty, but I don't believe God is a man or a woman. I believe that gender is a human thing, and thus God is far greater than that. Plus, from what I've read in the bible, it seems pretty evident that ones faith is not determined by one's opinions on God's sexual organs.

Read post #297. And ease up, pal.

vergiss said:
Compelling argument. :neutral:

God is genderless. If you seriously think God's a male... you have issues.

By the way - the "Jews for Jesus" aren't real Jews. We don't consider them as such, and most of the time those idiots weren't even born Jews... it's just another, slightly more retarded way of being born again Christian.

Donkey1499 - I don't trust the word of Jesus, therefore my faith is weak?! :lol: If I were Christian, yeah, but I'm not. I'm Jewish, therefore it proves my faith is very strong indeed.

and yet you have posted no proof, just your beliefs/interpretations
atleast donkey has provided scriptures refering to god as a MALE
where is your scriptures refering to him as a woman, or a transsexual......
that is what i was refering to in the 'put up or shut up'

Okay, this is rediculous! The bible was written by men who thought that they were above women. That is why it is a "he". What possible use could god have for a penis? I am not trying to disprove anything. I was raised christian and am now atheist. This has gotten to the point of lucicrous though. If you want to take the bible literaly, I am guessing that you don't eat shellfish, you don't work on saturdays (the original sabbath), and you smite anyone who does. You need to brush up on the difference between logic and logic fallacies.

DeeJayH said:
and yet you have posted no proof, just your beliefs/interpretations
atleast donkey has provided scriptures refering to god as a MALE
where is your scriptures refering to him as a woman, or a transsexual......
that is what i was refering to in the 'put up or shut up'

When did I say God was a female or transsexual? :neutral: God is genderless. The lack of any scripture specifically stating God's gender proves as much.

Donkey1499 said:
Read post #297. And ease up, pal.
Sorry dude, but you know accusing a faithful person of being unfaithful is a pretty serious accusation.
And in post #297 you just say that you personally think that God is a man, and then you continued to tell vergiss that she is not faithful due to that decision.

Man, you're free to hold your beliefs, I disagree, but they're beliefs, neither of us is gonna prove the other wrong. What will get me going is you being intolerant of other people's beliefs, especially when you go so far that you accuse someone of not having beliefs or faith because that person does not have the same beliefs as you.

galenrox said:
Sorry dude, but you know accusing a faithful person of being unfaithful is a pretty serious accusation.
And in post #297 you just say that you personally think that God is a man, and then you continued to tell vergiss that she is not faithful due to that decision.

Man, you're free to hold your beliefs, I disagree, but they're beliefs, neither of us is gonna prove the other wrong. What will get me going is you being intolerant of other people's beliefs, especially when you go so far that you accuse someone of not having beliefs or faith because that person does not have the same beliefs as you.

Nicely put. :smile:

vergiss said:
When did I say God was a female or transsexual? :neutral: God is genderless. The lack of any scripture specifically stating God's gender proves as much.

wasnt trying to put words in your mouth
that is why i typed female or transexual ....... the dots being the key part
you have posted no proof of your beliefs, other than there are no statements in scripture stating gods gender
yet others have posted parts of the bible that do represent God as a Male

Arguing that god has a penis is as stupid as saying that he is right-handed and satan is left-handed. Nobody has answered the question what god would need a penis for.

Back
Top Bottom