• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The head of USCCB (Catholic Bishops) puts Cornpop in his place

narrowroad

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I love The Wanderer magazine..

Here is what i found there (Feb 4, 2021):

The Catechism of the Catholic Church says: since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is.. abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law".. The US Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) released a statement on Biden's inauguration day in which it warned that biden's pledge to pursue anti-life and anti-family policies would advance "moral evils"...

[Biden's] policies... threaten human life and dignity" wrote USCCB President Archbishop Jose Gomez. He stressed that abortion will remain the "preeminent priority" for American bishops during the [fake Catholic/fake president Cornpop] administration.

I guess the Catholic Church will always be Catholic

and Corn pop can call himself whatever he wants.. doesn't make it so

Let's see... I think today I will call myself Millionaire... see if that works... yeh

Let's see... I think today I will call myself Millionaire... see if that works... yeh
You might be surprised at what other posters here might call you.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church says: since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is.. abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law".. The US Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) released a statement on Biden's inauguration day in which it warned that biden's pledge to pursue anti-life and anti-family policies would advance "moral evils"...

[Biden's] policies... threaten human life and dignity" wrote USCCB President Archbishop Jose Gomez. He stressed that abortion will remain the "preeminent priority" for American bishops during the [fake Catholic/fake president Cornpop] administration.
Kinda pathetic how religious zealots think anybody gives a shit about what their leaders say.

Unless you’re standing inside a Catholic church when you mention Gomez’s name, chances are slim that those who hear will have a clue who he is, or a care about anything he says.

The Catholic Church requires its tenets to be enforced as a theocracy? That makes the Catholic Church a threat to the Constitution, does it not?

The mainly Protestant GOP has chastised American Catholics for being under the thump of the Pope and the Vatican for decades. Now you want to point to a bit of news that you think fits your argument and suddenly the Pope and his Bishops are just fine? You make me laugh.

What a sad little rant thread.

Moderator's Warning:
Thread moved to Abortion. Keep your abortion related threads here.

Why the F anybody would proudly proclaim they’re a catholic these days is beyond me. A truly dysfunctional and rather ignorant corporation on so many levels.

I love The Wanderer magazine.. Here is what i found there (Feb 4, 2021):The Catechism of the Catholic Church says: since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is.. abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law".. The US Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) released a statement on Biden's inauguration day in which it warned that biden's pledge to pursue anti-life and anti-family policies would advance "moral evils"... [Biden's] policies... threaten human life and dignity" wrote USCCB President Archbishop Jose Gomez. He stressed that abortion will remain the "preeminent priority" for American bishops during the [fake Catholic/fake president Cornpop] administration.

Sorry but you are wrong about the Church being against abortion since the 1st century. The Church had no official position on abortion. And when they did take on an official position it changed many times.

See Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_abortion
"Later writers such as John Chrysostom and Caesarius of Arles, as well as later Church councils (e.g. Lerida and Braga II), also condemned abortion as "gravely wrong", without making a distinction between "formed" and "unformed" fetuses nor defining precisely in what stage of pregnancy human life began."

"Changing beliefs about the moment the embryo gains a human soul have led to changes in canon law in the classification of the sin of abortion.[26] In particular, several historians have written that prior to the 19th century did not regard as an abortion what we call "early abortion"—abortion before "quickening" or "ensoulment."
" Some historians argue that certain Catholics saw nothing wrong with compiling lists of known abortifacient herbs and discovering new ones. In the 13th century physician and cleric Peter of Spain wrote a book called Thesaurus Pauperum (literally Treasure of the Poor) containing a long list of early-stage abortifacients, including rue, pennyroyal, and other mints. It is believed by some that Peter of Spain became Pope John XXI in 1276. Similarly, the medicinal writings of Hildegard of Bingen included abortifacients such as tansy.

Why the F anybody would proudly proclaim they’re a catholic these days is beyond me. A truly dysfunctional and rather ignorant corporation on so many levels.

I don't know. I always pittied catholics in a way. I have seen several times on misc forums Christians saying both Catholicism and Mormanism are cults which will ultimatly land you a seat in hell.

For now it is a marriage of convenience but if evengelicals get total power, and they are trying, it likely wouldn't take long for their intollerance to start being aimed at Catholics and Mormons.

Except there is a huge chasm between what the male clergy think and the catholics itself thing. They still view themselves as catholics and the roman catholic church is going to do nothing about it because then the majority of the faithful would move to a church that will respect the 21st century and women's rights.

Also, the bible has no problem aborting fetuses as punishment for infidelity/impurity/unfaithful

You might be surprised at what other posters here might call you.
This thread is about Cornpop. Why do you insult one of the forum's members?

Democrats cry for the illegal immigrant coming across our border who have to stay in "cages" while waiting to be processed for sneaking into the country. Yet, the democrats don't drop a tear for the hundreds of thousands of American babies in their mothers wombs being murdered by abortion.

You seem confused.

Corn Pop was the name of a very real gang leader that Biden confronted.

Democrats cry for the illegal immigrant coming across our border who have to stay in "cages" while waiting to be processed for sneaking into the country. Yet, the democrats don't drop a tear for the hundreds of thousands of American babies in their mothers wombs being murdered by abortion.

There are 0 babies "murdered by abortion".

Probably because a constitutional right can't be murder. Murder is illegal.

Back
Top Bottom