• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The head of the USPS said he was suspending changes. But Philly mail delays aren’t getting better.

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The head of the USPS said he was suspending changes. But Philly mail delays aren't getting better.

The head of the USPS said he was suspending changes. But Philly mail delays aren’t getting better.

By Ellie Rushing, The Philadelphia Inquirer

The Postmaster General said earlier this month that he was suspending some planned operational changes, making at least a partial retreat amid growing criticism that the Trump administration is undermining the U.S. Postal Service in a bid to hobble mail voting in the presidential election.

But that hasn’t solved pervasive mail delivery problems across the Philadelphia region. At least a dozen mail sorting machines have been removed from USPS processing centers across Southeastern Pennsylvania in the last two months, union leaders say — that damage has already been done.

This issue hasn't gone away. We need Congress, specifically the Senate, to act immediately.

Last edited:
Re: The head of the USPS said he was suspending changes. But Philly mail delays aren’t getting bet

By Ellie Rushing, The Philadelphia Inquirer

This issue hasn't gone away. We need Congress, specifically the Senate, to act immediately.

Christopher-Walken-Bored-Yawn-Gif.gif

Re: The head of the USPS said he was suspending changes. But Philly mail delays aren’t getting bet

Do you live in a rural area in Ohio? How often do you use the USPS? Are you going to vote via mail or go to your local precinct?

Do you live in a rural area in Ohio? How often do you use the USPS? Are you going to vote via mail or go to your local precinct?

I do live in rural Ohio, I use the USPS often, and I will be voting in person.

I do live in rural Ohio, I use the USPS often, and I will be voting in person.

Thank you for your response.

How has service been in your area? Is it slow? Just curious.

Thank you for your response.

How has service been in your area? Is it slow? Just curious.

It's not terrible, but it's far from perfect. Over the years we've received countless pieces of mail that wasn't ours. Of course we just flip the little flag up on the mailbox, and leave it there, but does everyone? That's a major flaw in the system right there. Once we sent a package from the local post office, and it got locked in a loop of being shipped in a four state loop over and over for weeks, and there was nothing the post office could (or would) do about it.

I may be spoiled, but in person voting in my area is super easy. Almost never a wait.

Back
Top Bottom