• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The hatred for Fox News is amazing.

They must be doing something right in order to generate so much hate. If Fox has the credibility of a gossip magazine, why don't we treat like a gossip magazine and just dismiss it and ostracize it? Why is it that the left is bothered with the Fox bias but I'm not bothered with the msnbc bias or the huffington post bias. Hell, I even check out the Huffington Post knowing full well who they are and I read their news anyways. Some people on the left say that it's because of the "Fair and Balanced" slogan, misleading people to believe that their media isn't biased and also saying that Fox doesn't make it clear enough when they're airing commentary. Here's the thing though, I've seen every news network take about as much effort into letting their viewers know that the show they are watching is commentary as much as Fox does. So now we jump back into "Fair and Balanced" being the slogan again since clearly the only reason why it's wrong for fox to not take effort into informing it's audience on the format of each show is because of the slogan. All this does is redefine exactly what Fair and Balanced is supposed to mean.

Does fair mean unbiased? Does balanced mean always news and never commentary? No. So, what is it? Well, it's two things. The first is obvious: hatred for an organization and it's people for whatever reason, primarily political. The second is leftist mentality. Bill O'Reily likes to use the catch phrase, "looking out for you.". That's what leftists think they're doing by going on this crusade against fox news. They think they're giving voice to people who have been aggressively duped and lied to by fox. Why do these people need voice? Because if they're so stupid that they cannot read between the lines in slogans and if they're so stupid that they cannot tell the difference between a news show and a commentary show, then they must be too stupid to defend themselves too.

I'm not a fan of tv news by the way. Larry Kudlow's cool though.

You're confusing bias with sensationalism. Sensationalism sells. Fox is the most sensational, and the least useful of mainstream media outlets.

I do find it useful on the occasions when I really feel like watching a live high speed chase, or the entire editorial board of the Weekly Standard spread across the screen.

I don't know, FOX news is good, if it is news. Commentary is just that commentary. I look at all avenues to see what is being reported by each. A fair and balanced person should before forming an opinion.

The impression that less savy persons are swayed by Fox leads leftist to fell that FOX is a propaganda machine and easily influences simple minded conservatives.

Lastly, their are accusations that during the GOP years, they controlled the conservative buy lines.

All this figures in to hatred for Fox. It doesn't matter, Murdock is rich.

People cannot differentiate between commentary and news. All Cable news stations have both news and commentary. The question about bias isn't directed towards the commentary - we all that's biased. The question is "how is their news"? Is their news biased where commentary or opinion is injected, inferred or overt by the types of questions asked and how they are asked or, is it straight news with obviously biased commentary. Fox News (news being the key word) very centrist. As an overall network including commentary they are biased to conservatives. The hate comes from people who either are too stupid or too partisan to tell the difference.

Educated people are concerned because when FOX type commentary is viewed as news, some people actually think they have been armed with facts. This leads people like you to think that the presentation of facts has a (liberal) leaning. It's a dangerous thing when people like you become afraid of facts.

Back
Top Bottom