• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Gun Used by the Dallas Police Murderer is Revealed. It’s Not What Most People Tho

apdst

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Ordinarily, I would wait on this, but this is too good to confirm.

Johnson used a 70 year old rifle, with a, eight-round internal magazine that was designed to engage targets out to 100 yards. The ultimate irony, is that it was built by commies.

However, the rifle used by the suspect in the Dallas murders wasn’t an AR-15 variant rifle as many people originally thought. No, in fact the gun used was a 70+ year old relic that would not meet the definition of an “assault weapon” under most state laws. CBS News is reporting that the firearm used was an SKS rifle.

The Gun Used by the Dallas Police Murderer is Revealed. It’s Not What Most People Thought.

Re: The Gun Used by the Dallas Police Murderer is Revealed. It’s Not What Most People

Johnson used a 70 year old rifle, with a, eight-round internal magazine that was designed to engage targets out to 100 yards. The ultimate irony, is that it was built by commies.

ITs an SKS which was first developed right in the middle of WWII (1943) and which was quickly eclipsed by the AK 47 several years later though the SKS saw lots of action in the cold war era and was frequently encountered in Nam and somewhat in Korea.

Re: The Gun Used by the Dallas Police Murderer is Revealed. It’s Not What Most People

They aren't bad rifles along with the AK variants. Long rang accuracy is not that good but the rifle is reliable. Not into the Warsaw Pact weapons myself but know a few that own them and swear by them.

They aren't bad rifles along with the AK variants. Long rang accuracy is not that good but the rifle is reliable. Not into the Warsaw Pact weapons myself but know a few that own them and swear by them.

yeah, like most of the soviet weapons, they work under bad conditions.

You found some "good" in a heinous crime ?

:screwy

Maybe the actual weapon.......

MicahJohnsonAK.jpg

This photo is purported to be the actual rifle used taken after the explosive device went off.....

https://thearmsguide.com/8811/report...llas-shooting/

:coffeepap

Last edited:

that's an SKS with several aftermarket add ons

yeah, like most of the soviet weapons, they work under bad conditions.

True but ammo is more scarce than 5.56 or .308 and they are not near s modular as the AR15, heck my mini 14 has as many after market choices and of higher quality than many AK/SKS after market stuff. I will stick to my American made AR's.

More than accurate out to 600 yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True but ammo is more scarce than 5.56 or .308 and they are not near s modular as the AR15, heck my mini 14 has as many after market choices and of higher quality than many AK/SKS after market stuff. I will stick to my American made AR's.

That's why I have well over a dozen of them, plus I just picked up a PALMETTO STATE ARMORY complete lower for about 215 today. and its got a better trigger than a 1200 rifle I bought two weeks ago (remedied with a 200 dollar Chip McCormick single stage trigger). I plan on getting a few Anderson lowers when they come available

Why, that's a historical gun with all but antique value.

that's an SKS with several aftermarket add ons

It's black and scary! It's got a rail! It has a scope! It must be an fully automatic assault rifle!!111!!!!!!1!!!!1!!

Although, that's not an 8 round magazine.

The operator cannot fire those rifles after a police bomb goes off next to him.

No all SKS "assault" rifles are 70 year old relics which do not accept external magazines

image.jpg

ARMSLIST - For Sale: SKS tactical "assault" rifle with mags and ammo

Ordinarily, I would wait on this, but this is too good to confirm. Johnson used a 70 year old rifle, with a, eight-round internal magazine that was designed to engage targets out to 100 yards. The ultimate irony, is that it was built by commies.

I never thought of you as a guy who waited for confirmation and your 'x-spurtize' on Com Block weapons is rather flawed...

The only older weapon I can think of with an eight round INTERNAL mag is the USofA garand. The SKS has a 'fixed' 10 round mag that is metal and visible under the weapon's stock. The SKS can easily reach out past 100 yards- thinking you never shot/owned one...I have.

FYI the SKS can easily be modified to accept high cap DETACHABLE mags. they aren't as 'slick' as AR/AK type mags but they can be replaced quickly by pressing the mag catch. So modified it does fall under the 'E-Vile' firearm regulations... :peace

I never thought of you as a guy who waited for confirmation and your 'x-spurtize' on Com Block weapons is rather flawed...

The only older weapon I can think of with an eight round INTERNAL mag is the USofA garand. The SKS has a 'fixed' 10 round mag that is metal and visible under the weapon's stock. The SKS can easily reach out past 100 yards- thinking you never shot/owned one...I have.

FYI the SKS can easily be modified to accept high cap DETACHABLE mags. they aren't as 'slick' as AR/AK type mags but they can be replaced quickly by pressing the mag catch. So modified it does fall under the 'E-Vile' firearm regulations... :peace

I've fired dozens. 9bviously, you've only had experience with one.

I've fired dozens. 9bviously, you've only had experience with one.

You SURE they were SKS type rifles??? I have handled many, seen hundreds in shows and stores... not one, I say again, ZERO had an eight round INTERNAL magazine... all I fired could hit well out past 100 yards... ya sure you didn't fire a few Ruger 10/22's or something??? :peace

You SURE they were SKS type rifles??? I have handled many, seen hundreds in shows and stores... not one, I say again, ZERO had an eight round INTERNAL magazine... all I fired could hit well out past 100 yards... ya sure you didn't fire a few Ruger 10/22's or something??? :peace

9h, I'm positive. In also certain that you're over rating it's capabilities. It certainly does come from the factory with an internal magazine. The 10/22 has a detachable magazine, not an internal magazine.

Most SKS owners I know modify theirs to accept standard cap mags, some even "sporterize" them for modern looks, rails and attachments.

There is nothing especially ancient or modern about the action of the SKS, just like the 1911 semi-auto action; not much has changed in this last century in terms of firearms.

Just because it isn't a modern sporting semi-automatic doesn't meant the anti-2nd amendment types wont be able to spit out the same old tripe. They'll call it an "assault rifle" no matter what, they'll probably call it an AR-15 no matter how much you correct them. If anything, the fact you can still get this rifle and its ammo so cheap these days will be all the more reason for them to limit imports of old mil surp rifles and ammo.

Get ready for the full court press, its time to stop more bull**** again.

MicahJohnsonAK.jpg

If thats the photo its not an SKS. Its a semi-automatic AK.

I just said that lol.

Unfortunately, this fact is not stopping the Usual Suspects from branding it an "AR type assault rifle". :roll:

Unfortunately, this fact is not stopping the Usual Suspects from branding it an "AR type assault rifle". :roll:

Those clowns call this an, "AR".

Attachments

• Mini14GB.jpg
    Mini14GB.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 32

True-BTW the BM-59 of Italy and the M-14 were based on a design an enlisted man in the US Army came up with where he modified an Garand to use 20 round BAR magazines

you're right-the internal magazine is a 10 round affair that is normally loaded with a 10 rounds in a stripper clip.

Back
Top Bottom