• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Gun Used by the Dallas Police Murderer is Revealed. It’s Not What Most People Tho

Re: The Gun Used by the Dallas Police Murderer is Revealed. It’s Not What Most People

that's an SKS with several aftermarket add ons

Looks like an AK to me.

Re: The Gun Used by the Dallas Police Murderer is Revealed. It’s Not What Most People

If thats the photo its not an SKS. Its a semi-automatic AK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the safety suggests a stamped receiver AK variant, not a SKS though you can modify an SKS to look almost like that-save the safety/selector lever on the right side of the receiver

Looks like an AK to me.

I agree now that I looked at it more closely

the safety suggests a stamped receiver AK variant, not a SKS though you can modify an SKS to look almost like that-save the safety/selector lever on the right side of the receiver

Its the whole receiver, bolt and dust cover. Not only is that an AK, its a converted Saiga sportster.

Looks like an AK to me.

The initial reports said it was an ar, then later became an sks, now it is showing an ak-74. I can see the confusion as a modified sks and an ak-74 or 47 would look identical except for the upper reciever and action.

At this point though I would quit speculating, we are now on rifle number 3 in 3 days, so who knows how many more changes will show up between weapon used, motives etc.

If thats the photo its not an SKS. Its a semi-automatic AK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's right, you can tell its not an SKS just by looking at the safety lever. The safety lever in that picture is found on an AK or AK variant. The SKS safety lever is close to the trigger as seen in the below picture.

figure4.jpg

The initial reports said it was an ar, then later became an sks, now it is showing an ak-74. I can see the confusion as a modified sks and an ak-74 or 47 would look identical except for the upper reciever and action.

At this point though I would quit speculating, we are now on rifle number 3 in 3 days, so who knows how many more changes will show up between weapon used, motives etc.

A modified sks and an AK would not look identical. But it is a moot point where grabbers are concerned.

A modified sks and an AK would not look identical. But it is a moot point where grabbers are concerned.

I never said identical, I said identical except the reciever. The barrel and forearm have an extremely similiar design. The stock could be changed as well as the forearm, and the fixed magazine swapped.

The reciever is the dead giveaway, they are miles apart between the two. But as far as gun grabbers are concerned, everything is an ar, a mini 14 is an ar, an sks is an ar, a remington 700 is an ar, and a flintlock musket is an ar.

Gun grabber test, does it fire bullets, answer yes= is an ar need to ban assault weapons.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066063317 said:
That's right, you can tell its not an SKS just by looking at the safety lever. The safety lever in that picture is found on an AK or AK variant. The SKS safety lever is close to the trigger as seen in the below picture.

View attachment 67203988

The sks also has a forged and milled receiver, while about 99% of the ak variants are stamped recievers, while milled ak recievers were only made for a short time, and are extremely rare. The sks also had an extremely limited run of stamped recievers, also extremely rare and very unlikely to encounter.

The sks also has a forged and milled receiver, while about 99% of the ak variants are stamped recievers, while milled ak recievers were only made for a short time, and are extremely rare. The sks also had an extremely limited run of stamped recievers, also extremely rare and very unlikely to encounter.

mostly correct but Poly Tech (banned from importation around 91) and Arsenal (Bulgarian) AKs have milled receiver versions-I have had one of each. The milled receivers cost more and are allegedly more accurate since they are more rigid: trivia fact-full auto is harder on the milled military versions than stamped ones

mostly correct but Poly Tech (banned from importation around 91) and Arsenal (Bulgarian) AKs have milled receiver versions-I have had one of each. The milled receivers cost more and are allegedly more accurate since they are more rigid: trivia fact-full auto is harder on the milled military versions than stamped ones

Yeah they make reproduction recievers milled, but I am mostly referring to originals, that were made less than a decade, and were limited in supply due to the fact the cost of milling them kept orders down even after russia made it it's main weapon. The only reason they were milled was because machinery was limited to stamp them for the company who made them.

When they went stamped, their numbers exploded due to how cheap they were to make and arm numerous countries. The only ak rarer than an original milled is a 1st model stamped, which was made before milled but in even less quantities since it was mostly in the testing phase.

Back
Top Bottom