• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The gun lover's creed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glowpun

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Thank God for the 2nd. amendment, and thank God for the NRA and the gun industry. My right to own a gun is more important than anything else.

Because your God is better than the God of the gun-controllers.
We know where this is going.
Sounds like the Middle East.
And I support the concealed-carry that is sweeping into schools, protecting our kids.

Thank God for the 2nd. amendment, and thank God for the NRA and the gun industry. My right to own a gun is more important than anything else.

Yeah those crazy gun owners, don't they know that no goberment in the history of man kind has never turned on its people,so there is nothing to fear to from only the goberment and criminals being armed. Heck if only the goberment had guns then we all could be safe from criminals.Goberments are our friends man, so we have nothing to fear from them. And that thar con-stee-too-shun was written by white racist slave owning sexist men several hundred years ago,so none of that stuff in it applies to todays time.

Because your God is better than the God of the gun-controllers.
We know where this is going.
Sounds like the Middle East.
And I support the concealed-carry that is sweeping into schools, protecting our kids.

There are no guns in schools unless they have school resource officers.

What, then, do you believe is important enough to eliminate your right to own a gun?

What, then, do you believe is important enough to eliminate your right to own a gun?

probably because he sees gun owners as people who are hostile to some right he finds more important than the ones set forth in the Bill of Rights and pushes gun control as payback for his perceived hostility on their part

Yeah those crazy gun owners, don't they know that no goberment in the history of man kind has never turned on its people,so there is nothing to fear to from only the goberment and criminals being armed. Heck if only the goberment had guns then we all could be safe from criminals.Goberments are our friends man, so we have nothing to fear from them. And that thar con-stee-too-shun was written by white racist slave owning sexist men several hundred years ago,so none of that stuff in it applies to todays time.

Conservatives do trust their government. PROOF: they support the military 100%. And the military is the government.

Aye, bugger people, especially children. Gun 'em all down!

Aye, bugger people, especially children. Gun 'em all down!

Ridiculous comment. You are talking about murderers who break laws, especially gun laws. So many people lack common sense it's just pathetic.

Why do you hate law-abiding gun owners who have never killed anyone and would never even think of killing someone, unless in self defense?

Why do you want only criminals to have weapons which they will use against honest law-abiding American citizens?

Why do you want to see more massacres caused by criminals who most of the time obtain their weapons illegally, and leave us honest citizens sitting ducks?

Do people think that if someone has a gun then they are going to go out and kill people? Is that what you people think happens? The gun somehow possesses it's owner and makes him/her into a killer? :lamo

Anyhow, here is some information for you. Going to ignore and continue on your anti-gun rants that make absolutely no sense and make absolutely no difference?

It's not possible to provide readers with information on the weapons and weapon owners they really need to look out for, because those owners don't follow the law and apply for permits for their weapons.

The thug and gun that are going to terrorize you in your home? The Magnum .357 and monster that are going to catch your child in the crossfire of a drug dispute? Not on the lists. And if the cretin planning to rain down terror in a crowded, public place and his assault weapon are on the lists, what of it? Will that tell you which theater or shopping mall to avoid, what day to keep your kid out of school? No. It won't.

Again and again, gun advocates point out that when we outlaw guns, only outlaws will have them. Sure, it sounds like a tired and simplistic slogan, but it's also inarguably true.

The people we need to be worried about mostly don't sweat gun laws. They buy their weapons on the street and from corrupt and criminal dealers. They steal guns, or purchase them from those who did. They do not register their weapons or submit to background checks or pay attention to legal limits on clip size.

The 4 million National Rifle Association members who hunt and target shoot and sit in their breakfast nooks writing out their annual checks for dues, mostly aren't criminals, and they know their pals aren't either. These are the people who actually take classes on gun safety, who invest the time to make sure their kids know how to handle weapons properly, who take the dangers of guns seriously.

And they're mystified as to why you'd want to limit their right to own guns. They know it won't cut down on crime and can't imagine why you think it would. And they know that any new laws that limit their right to bear arms won't make the criminals they fear lay down arms.

Ridiculous comment. You are talking about murderers who break laws, especially gun laws. So many people lack common sense it's just pathetic.

Why do you hate law-abiding gun owners who have never killed anyone and would never even think of killing someone, unless in self defense?

Why do you want only criminals to have weapons which they will use against honest law-abiding American citizens?

Why do you want to see more massacres caused by criminals who most of the time obtain their weapons illegally, and leave us honest citizens sitting ducks?

'Law-abiding' fools who support a culture where you chuck round guns like confetti so that every nutter can have one to fight George111 are responsible for every death that occurs, as very well you know. A few of you should be hanged to teach the rest of you thinking.

'Law-abiding' fools who support a culture where you chuck round guns like confetti so that every nutter can have one to fight George111 are responsible for every death that occurs, as very well you know. A few of you should be hanged to teach the rest of you thinking.

Sorry, you're post makes no sense. Obviously your emotions are getting the better of you. Guns are here forever. They are not going to disappear. By limiting their use by law-abiding citizens, you and your ilk are putting us in danger. It's your fault that criminals take advantage of gun free zones and unarmed citizens. You should feel shame that your gun laws cause so many innocents to be murdered in cold blood and they can't defend themselves.

YOU are a murderer's best friend and advocate.

Sorry, you're post makes no sense. Obviously your emotions are getting the better of you. Guns are here forever. They are not going to disappear. By limiting their use by law-abiding citizens, you and your ilk are putting us in danger. It's your fault that criminals take advantage of gun free zones and unarmed citizens. You should feel shame that your gun laws cause so many innocents to be murdered in cold blood and they can't defend themselves.

YOU are a murderer's best friend and advocate.

Guns are there forever only if you bumsuckers keep obeying your death-merchant masters, obviously. No law-abiding citizen anywhere has a gun: guns are for the mafia, as you know.

Guns are there forever only if you bumsuckers keep obeying your death-merchant masters, obviously. No law-abiding citizen anywhere has a gun: guns are for the mafia, as you know.

You should feel shame for wanting honest citizens to be killed by murderers.

Moderator's Warning:
No matter your feelings on this subject you need to be attacking what is said and nothing else.

Rights in general are amongst the most important things we possess.

You should feel shame for wanting honest citizens to be killed by murderers.

No guns, no murders, kid - or at least extremely few. Why do you kill more than any other civilized countries? Most Americans strike me as quite sane. It is Gunsgunsgunsgunsguns. People don't kill people - believers in guns kill people, as is entirely obvious.

Sometimes a I think the gun cult actually do believe guns are more important than anything else.

I don't know what you mean by "anything else", but it is certainly "more important" than the gun-grabbers' infantile neuroses and police-state instincts.

No guns, no murders, kid - or at least extremely few. Why do you kill more than any other civilized countries? Most Americans strike me as quite sane. It is Gunsgunsgunsgunsguns. People don't kill people - believers in guns kill people, as is entirely obvious.

Really?

I guess nobody in Detroit got that message.

A quick review of Michigan gun laws shows that law abiding citizens wishing to own a gun for self-protection are strongly regulated and actively discouraged. First, they have to take and pass the Michigan Basic Pistol Safety questionnaire. Then they have to apply for the Ten Day Handgun Purchase Permit to buy the gun and make sure they find and buy the gun of their choice within 10 days, otherwise they have start the process all over again. When they make their purchase, they have to fill out a Michigan Pistol Sales Record form and make sure the pistol has a valid firearm Safety Inspection Certificate.

Once the citizen has purchased their firearm, they have 10 days to take the gun to the local police department, have the sale recorded, and a new Safety Inspection Certificate issued in their name. Otherwise, they are considered in violation of the law and could be arrested on a misdemeanor gun violation.

Federal laws also require a background check if you purchase a gun from a licensed dealer with a Federal Firearms License.

Note that each and every legal gun buyer in Michigan, and particularly Detroit, must be approved by the local police at least twice each and every time they purchase a gun and undergo a background check by the federal government.
Gun Control Facts: Detroit Crime Rate is the Result Of Gun Control

and yet...

Miscellaneous Posts: 2013 Detroit Homicides

Really?

I guess nobody in Detroit got that message.

Your whole country is being supplied with vast numbers of guns by the death-merchants, as you know, and local ordinances hardly matter. Shoot a few of the NRA nutters and they'll soon come to heel.

Your whole country is being supplied with vast numbers of guns by the death-merchants, as you know, and local ordinances hardly matter. Shoot a few of the NRA nutters and they'll soon come to heel.

So you calling on people to participate in murder to change policy? Godwin's law save me...

'Law-abiding' fools who support a culture where you chuck round guns like confetti so that every nutter can have one to fight George111 are responsible for every death that occurs, as very well you know ...

Sorry, you're post makes no sense ...

It makes a good deal of sense. The NRA has gone to great lengths to create a gun culture in America. For over 30 years, they've tried to make us believe guns should be as much a part of everyday life as any other common artifact. The result has been a belief that guns are harmless until someone makes a deliberate decision to use one. All too often, though, guns drive the decision. Instead of someone who already as decided to kill choosing to do it with a gun, the availability of a gun has led the decision to kill. Guns make killing safe, easy and fast. That's important to those who would rather do something easy than something hard.

Last edited:

I'm certainly glad...for the UK's sake...that you are not their King.

In any event, here in the US, we frown on murder as a means of implementing public policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom