• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The gun hater's lament. [W:487, 811]

Then you are saying that all the news reports were a lie? Ok---a few years ago I sold a 44 magnum to a friend of mine who lived in Illinois..I lived in Colorado...Stupidly, instead of sending it via UPS, I sent it via USPS...Well, somewhere along the way, they "said" that the package broke open..The next thing I knew I was summoned to the main office building in Denver...I thought that I was in big trouble..I wasn't..They told me to send it UPS next time...So how do you explain this?

So far it seems you have been wrong on everything....You may know the law in some states, but you don't seem to understand how it is applied....

Turtle's allergenic reaction to the facts is legendary. Good post.

Actually, that was what it probably was, as they did ask a lot of questions.....
For once, they were probably exercising 'better judgement' (as in seeing it just a misunderstanding).

I had a CZ's trigger fail and I went back to my dealer. He offered to send it back to CZ USA and said the mail man would pick it up shortly. He noted as a licensed dealer sending the weapon to another licensee he was able to do that. Now I have sent handguns to repair facilities and its always been FEDEX (I send overnight-its worth the money for the security) because I know the USPS cannot accept shipments of handguns and when you send it CC you have to declare its a firearm being sent to a licensee

I tend to feel much better sending valuables like that through FedEx Overnight anyway. Seems safer.

Actually, I'm not positive but I think that is the office that I was summoned to...I was not prosecuted or even threatened with prosecution...

You were committing a federal offense pure and simple. You were transferring a firearm to an individual out of state who did not have an FFL. In all honesty, the officials who told you to use another method did not know the rules and should be fired. Had you then taken the firearm to FedEx or UPS and attempted to send it to an unlicensed, out of state individual, they would have reported it. Had they not, they would have been hammered.

So this points out the ridiculousness of proposing new laws when the ones currently in place are not enforced. The lack of prosecution of background check violations is another.

Turtle's allergenic reaction to the facts is legendary. Good post.
The facts show that the government officials who should have known better did not. Juanita made an honest mistake that should have been caught and corrected properly but was not. Everyone should have a allergenic reaction to that especially since their suggestion could have landed Juanita in deep crap.

The facts show that the government officials who should have known better did not. Juanita made an honest mistake that should have been caught and corrected properly but was not. Everyone should have a allergenic reaction to that especially since their suggestion could have landed Juanita in deep crap.

I am waiting for someone to prove my statement of the law was wrong. Since I spent many years as general counsel to two of the biggest gun dealers in SW Ohio I suspect I know this law better than anyone else on this board.

it was one of those rare times, he didn't mention the GOP, tea party or conservatives............i wounder what was wrong with him?

Could be a few good reasons. He did not have a fight with his wife, girlfriend or life partner...he had a good day playing the stock market.:lol:

Last edited:
I am waiting for someone to prove my statement of the law was wrong. Since I spent many years as general counsel to two of the biggest gun dealers in SW Ohio I suspect I know this law better than anyone else on this board.

While in the military, I held (at different times) FFLs in Utah and Maryland. I am very familiar with the laws because it was my job to be. I have no tolerance for government officials that do not understand the laws/regulations that they are expected to enforce given the importance.

That is what the amendment process is for.

BTW - The number one killer of humans is governments yet you don't have an issue with the government own several thousands. I trust my neighbor a lot more than I trust the government.
Cardiovascular disease, actually. But perhaps you hold governments responsible.

Cardiovascular disease, actually. But perhaps you hold governments responsible.

Really!? The Holocaust alone killed over 8 million - then add the rest of WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc. All done in the name of the government.

Really!? The Holocaust alone killed over 8 million - then add the rest of WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc. All done in the name of the government.
Lulz. Surely you jest. Disease beats the **** out of war every time.

Lulz. Surely you jest. Disease beats the **** out of war every time.

That is not what you said. You said cardiovascular disease Still it is reckless to advocate more and more power to the govt to regulate anything and everything on their whim.

That is not what you said. You said cardiovascular disease Still it is reckless to advocate more and more power to the govt to regulate anything and everything on their whim.
I wholeheartedly concur, of course.

CV disease still whups the crap out of war. Believe me. I know.

violent death would be the correct term.

Sure, heart and pulmonary disease kills many people. However as was mentioned the holocaust alone was 8 million, then there were the various government sanctioned killings of their own people under Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Saddam, the various tribal genocides in Africa, etc. all of which claimed over 100 million souls just last century. Diseases as well are unavoidable facets of life, sure, you can increase your odds by eliminating or self regulating risk factors, but wholesale murder on behalf of a government is on a whole other level IMO.

violent death would be the correct term.
Right, right.

Sure, heart and pulmonary disease kills many people. However as was mentioned the holocaust alone was 8 million, then there were the various government sanctioned killings of their own people under Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Saddam, the various tribal genocides in Africa, etc. all of which claimed over 100 million souls just last century. Diseases as well are unavoidable facets of life, sure, you can increase your odds by eliminating or self regulating risk factors, but wholesale murder on behalf of a government is on a whole other level IMO.
I know it's apples and oranges on the whole. But even a hundred million is peanuts, statistically. You should check out the numbers. It'll blow your mind. I was like WTF?!

I know it's apples and oranges on the whole. But even a hundred million is peanuts, statistically. You should check out the numbers. It'll blow your mind. I was like WTF?!
Honestly, it's no consolation either way, while there are ways to die that are worse than others the ultimate end is the same. That said, when one's government intentionally contributes to their death for being in the way I would say the situation is bad.

Honestly, it's no consolation either way, while there are ways to die that are worse than others the ultimate end is the same. That said, when one's government intentionally contributes to their death for being in the way I would say the situation is bad.
I agree, of course.

Back
Top Bottom