• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Guardian: fun summer photos contributes to climate change

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

Our new research, led by the University of Exeter, highlights a distinct problem with how the European media visually represents news of extreme heat. We examined media coverage from the UK, the Netherlands, France and Germany during the summer of 2019. Importantly, we only included news stories that mentioned both the keywords “heatwave” and “climate change”, reasoning that if we were to see responsible and accurate reporting of heatwave risks, it would be in coverage that at least alluded to the increasing risk of heatwaves becoming longer, more frequent and more intense under climate breakdown.

We found two distinct themes in visual coverage. The first used images of “fun in the sun” that depicted heatwaves as something enjoyable. In all four countries, the majority of these images showed people having a good time in or by water. This was particularly prominent in the UK, perhaps saying something about how British culture narrates the experience of very hot weather in our historically mild climate.

That's right, the climate nuts are now warning that any periodical who posts pictures of fun happy people enjoying the sun are contributing to climate change because it distracts readers from "what's really going on."

It's a cult alright. And not just any cult, but an insane, totally dangerous one.

I wonder if the hysterics are intentional or not? The OP's hysterics, that is.

One person writes an article about how European media typically portrays hot weather and he's on about "insane, totally dangerous" cults. The again, he thinks petty vandalism was "terrorism". Gotta go for the big scary words, idiocy of hysterics be damned.

_________
Extra credit: note again how deniers operate. They can't directly assail AGW because that would require getting papers published in peer-reviewed journals, and they aren't capable of that. So we get idiotic threads trying to dunk on things having nothing to do with the validity of AGW itself, rife with hysterics.

It's a cult alright. And not just any cult, but an insane, totally dangerous one.
I agree. They are incredibly dangerous and have gotten really out of control. Just the other day I saw one of those nuts using a reusable shopping bag at Walmart. I started to reach for my concealed carry, but he wised up an walked away before getting too close to me. When I was driving back home I saw more of those lunatics installing those Solar Propaganda Panels one someone's roof. I wanted to shout to the owner of the home to warn him; didn't he know that big solar paid off all the scientists and that solar panel steal American coal jobs? But he waved at the workers installing the panels. The big solar cult must have gotten to him too. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I saw an ad on my phone celebrating Earth day with tips on how to reduce my carbon footprint. The audacity of shoving their propaganda to blatantly in my face! Just to spite them I threw my phone in the trash and bought a brand new one.

If we let this go on much longer, I worry for the future of this country's oil companies.

I wonder if the hysterics are intentional or not? The OP's hysterics, that is.

One person writes an article about how European media typically portrays hot weather and he's on about "insane, totally dangerous" cults. The again, he thinks petty vandalism was "terrorism". Gotta go for the big scary words, idiocy of hysterics be damned.

_________
Extra credit: note again how deniers operate. They can't directly assail AGW because that would require getting papers published in peer-reviewed journals, and they aren't capable of that. So we get idiotic threads trying to dunk on things having nothing to do with the validity of AGW itself, rife with hysterics.
More moronic gaslighting from Mr. P, who else? :ROFLMAO:

Its clear you didnt read the article and downplay it's insanity, because you want censorship. Thanks for proving your views are as nutty as the article is.

Extra credit: and it cites a peer reviewed study, which also illustrates that you should never trust a "study" on its face value alone.

That's right, the climate nuts are now warning that any periodical who posts pictures of fun happy people enjoying the sun are contributing to climate change because it distracts readers from "what's really going on."

Pictures of people being happy and having fun on a warm sunny day? WTF? That's fake news and anti global warming propoganda. FB will soon ban people for posting pictures like this and Biden's new information police will be kicking your door in. You deniers must be stopped before it's too late!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: PoS
Pictures of people being happy and having fun on a warm sunny day? WTF? That's fake news and anti global warming propoganda. FB will soon ban people for posting pictures like this and Biden's new information police will be kicking your door in. You deniers must be stopped before it's too late!!!!!!!!!
Exactly!

The CLIMATE MINISTRY OF TRUTH SAYS THESE PICTURES ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED:

canadastays.jpg

FROM NOW ON ONLY THESE PICTURES MUST BE SHOWN ANYTIME SUMMER COMES AROUND:

3ae710277d1d8e36dba4fcc83e1ff182.jpg

1653014879475.png

Back
Top Bottom