• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Green Party should ask Bernie to be the VP

Skeptic Bob

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Ok, I know it is crazy but I thought it would be fun to discuss.

Bernie has always railed against the two-party system. Obviously the Green and Libertarian parties aren't huge fans of it either.

Jill Stein will likely win the Green nominee. What if she asked Bernie to be her VP? Green Party popularity and awareness would spike. By virtue of bringing a third party into the media spot light the Libertarian party's popularity would also climb. I think both Libertarian and Green party's could get the 15% needed to be included in the debates, which would further increase their numbers.

I think we could have a four-way election if Bernie were the Green Party VP. Not likely to happen.

But what if? :)

Jill Stein at the debates would be entertaining.

Bernie has always railed against the two-party system. Obviously the Green and Libertarian parties aren't huge fans of it either.

Jill Stein will likely win the Green nominee. What if she asked Bernie to be her VP? Green Party popularity and awareness would spike. By virtue of bringing a third party into the media spot light the Libertarian party's popularity would also climb. I think both Libertarian and Green party's could get the 15% needed to be included in the debates, which would further increase their numbers.

I think we could have a four-way election if Bernie were the Green Party VP. Not likely to happen.

God, wouldn't that be great.

That would cool and deliver the championship to Trump. I really think BS could top his performance with that.

That would cool and deliver the championship to Trump. I really think BS could top his performance with that.

If only the Green party was in the debate it might benefit Trump but as I said, I think it would pull the Libertarian party up as well. The last I checked the Libertarian party was already at 10% so all it would take is a little more coverage to get them to the 15% needed.

The Greens might take away from the Democratic voting base, but the Libertarians would take away from the Republicans. A general election is a hell of a lot different than a primary where in many places you have to actually belong to the party to vote. I think in a 4-way election, in which the two main parties are running the two least popular candidates in US history, a 3rd party could actually win. Hillary wouldn't even be able to use the "First Woman President" selling point because she would be sharing the stage with Dr. Jill Stein.

It would be fun.

Sounds great to me, but I am a Green. I also abhor Hillary. Warmonger, weasel, CIA insider, proven liar. I will either write-in Sanders or vote for Trump.

Not a wise idea because Bernie would upstage Stein.

If only the Green party was in the debate it might benefit Trump but as I said, I think it would pull the Libertarian party up as well. The last I checked the Libertarian party was already at 10% so all it would take is a little more coverage to get them to the 15% needed.

The Greens might take away from the Democratic voting base, but the Libertarians would take away from the Republicans. A general election is a hell of a lot different than a primary where in many places you have to actually belong to the party to vote. I think in a 4-way election, in which the two main parties are running the two least popular candidates in US history, a 3rd party could actually win. Hillary wouldn't even be able to use the "First Woman President" selling point because she would be sharing the stage with Dr. Jill Stein.

It would be fun.

Interesting idea. Hope it happens.

Back
Top Bottom