• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Green New Deal Would Spend the U.S. Into Oblivion

The Armed Forces budget for 2019 is $892 Billion.....it wouldn't even make a dent in the "green new deal".....which is projected into the tens of trillions.

The amount of missing money at the Pentagon is in the trillions of dollars, 20 trillion or more over a number of years. Just a fraction of the missing money would pay for the Green New Deal.

The amount of missing money at the Pentagon is in the trillions of dollars, 20 trillion or more over a number of years. Just a fraction of the missing money would pay for the Green New Deal.

That myth has already been debunked several times.

Democrats, and especially those supporting the "Green New Deal" are nothing more than economically illiterate fools trying to pander to American voters who are clueless on how the economy works.

And we see the real fools who can do nothing but lie, make stupid one liners with nothing of substance, than have the never to call others fools. Showing who the real idiots are

unauthorized is hardly the same as missing....and if they "found " it.....its not missing.

But, to get to the point;

Debunked: Missing $21 Trillion / $6.5 Trillion / $2.3 Trillion - Journal Vouchers | Metabunk

shoddy accounting isn't the same as "missing"......and much of that "missing" money is also material and hardware....thinking of trading it in?

unauthorized is hardly the same as missing....and if they "found " it.....its not missing.

But, to get to the point;

Debunked: Missing $21 Trillion / $6.5 Trillion / $2.3 Trillion - Journal Vouchers | Metabunk

shoddy accounting isn't the same as "missing".

Call it what you want to, what you must.

The fact is that the DoD has always been unable to account for its money. It has always been hugely wasteful and irresponsible. We have been spending more on our military than the next 10 countries combined for many long years.

That's it's done mostly under the fraud of the Global War On Terror is telling, for those who know they've been deceived.

The Green New Deal could easily be paid for with just fractions of Pentagon waste and fraud.

Call it what you want to, what you must.

The fact is that the DoD has always been unable to account for its money. It has always been hugely wasteful and irresponsible. We have been spending more on our military than the next 10 countries combined for many long years.

That's it's done mostly under the fraud of the Global War On Terror is telling, for those who know they've been deceived.

The Green New Deal could easily be paid for with just fractions of Pentagon waste and fraud.

Crack open your piggy bank and get busy with that green new deal.

It is a wonder that she is openly plotting to destroy the planet. Her polices would trigger national famine, plague and pestilence and have absolutely no effect on anything she is raving about.

The rest of the world would still fly, drive and use farm machinery. Oh! And China and India would continue to bring another coal fired electric plant on line every week.

The Democrats have entered into a suicide pact with her.

On Friday as AOC and the Dems moved forward with the the Green Death to America Platform. On Friday, Trump's popularity in the only daily tracking poll still polling daily put him at 50% approval.

The only thing the Dems need to do to win in 2020 is to NOT be crazy. That bar is just a pinch too high for them to get over.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports(R)

By the by, I saw on TV yesterday that Klobuchar might announce soon. Maybe she did last night? I don't think it makes any difference...

Ah the tragedy of the commons once again rears its head. Your point is that because others exploit the world, we should keep doing it so we do not face a short term economic hit. This is the type of reasoning that led Atlantic cod almost to the brink of extinction. The last buffalo hunter likely thought there were other herds too, his family depended upon him to kill these beasts and if he didn't, his buddy would so fire away. We can discuss the destruction of the commons using your logic for thousands of examples but I think I made my point.

And we see the real fools who can do nothing but lie, make stupid one liners with nothing of substance, than have the never to call others fools. Showing who the real idiots are

they are called leftists. congrats you are getting better at this.

Again, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is upsetting all the right people.

The "New Green Deal" is not really legislation, just an outline of goals in the form of a nonbinding resolution. Which means that even if passed it has no more legislative strength than recognizing National Corvette Day, nor would it even reach the floor of consideration in the Senate because it does not have to.

The OP article opinion, while largely accurate in terms of cost, does not really matter at this point.

Lofty goals and ambitions are nothing new with nonbinding resolutions like this, and in a sad way the purpose of the proposal is to suggest the end goal without much means to get there. Kinda a waste of time but it is generating tons of media coverage simply because Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wants to challenge the norms.

If passed as is, nothing happens the moment after it passes. Full stop.

Each piece of the resolution would have to go through the entire legislative process that includes crafting the legislation, spending by department and funding beyond MMT theory, actual targets for actual activity from the spending, and so forth. We would be talking about a massive undertaking crossing several Congresses I am sure (given how slow things seem to happen in Congress these days, especially when split.)

Not to worry though, the latest round of funding government is about to take center stage in a week or so and all of this hype about... a nonbinding, no action, no spending, no actual change resolution... will end up a footnote.

An outline of goals, :lol: you're quite amusing. The Communist Manifesto was an outline of goals too. She is a shipwreck trying to find a big rock. I think her Green Plan is it.

Nice picture! She is a fine Latina woman, beautiful and smart and brave. Almost non-existent inside the Beltway.
Hasn't really confirmed the "smart" yet. Brave? or foolhardy - same, same.

Forget the cost.

AOC, 60 democrats in congress and 6 Democrat presidential candidates all want the following:

1. Stop using Oil.
2. Stop using Coal.
3. Abolish private health insurance.
4. Abolish all airplanes.
5. Abolish all beef.
6. Abolish the internal Combustion Engine.
7. Gaurantee a living wage to all regardless of whether they wish to work or just lay back and smoke dope.

Her efforts will, in the next 12 years if successful do the following:

Cause unrestrained famine across the country. Can't grow or deliver food to New York City. Can you imagine?

Cause runaway unemployment.

Dismantle these industries: Auto, Airplane, Airline, Ranching, Oil, Coal, and God knows what other industries connected to these.

AOC is an ongoing source of confusion, stupidity and wondrously wild eyed insanity.

If she was just wandering down main street raving at the wind, it would be so bad. She's in congress. We're in trouble.

I don't know why they just don't simplify some of that and declare a law against selling or consuming meat or dairy products, allowing only veganism. We need to get rid of cows that fart. It is a worldwide problem contributing to climate change. We really need to get a handle on this or the world will be gone in 12 years. In fact, we could open of a whole new green world by genetically engineering cows that don't fart. Think of all the jobs that can be created finding this new green technology.

Ah the tragedy of the commons once again rears its head. Your point is that because others exploit the world, we should keep doing it so we do not face a short term economic hit. This is the type of reasoning that led Atlantic cod almost to the brink of extinction. The last buffalo hunter likely thought there were other herds too, his family depended upon him to kill these beasts and if he didn't, his buddy would so fire away. We can discuss the destruction of the commons using your logic for thousands of examples but I think I made my point.

Do you propose, then, the dismantling of the US Eastern Sea Board so it may be returned to pristine nature?

How many billions of people world wide does your plan execute in order to reach your goals?

Or are you only recommending that the US be crippled while the other 7 or so Billion other people on the planet continue to defile the globe?

What is your actual demand in this? All out global war to save the planet from the blight of man? Where does all of this go?

How will you feed the people of Manhattan if there is not fossil fuel to fuel the effort? Boston? Philly? DC?

How many must die to create the Utopia you envision?

I don't know why they just don't simplify some of that and declare a law against selling or consuming meat or dairy products, allowing only veganism. We need to get rid of cows that fart. It is a worldwide problem contributing to climate change. We really need to get a handle on this or the world will be gone in 12 years. In fact, we could open of a whole new green world by genetically engineering cows that don't fart. Think of all the jobs that can be created finding this new green technology.

I think the actual goal is to genetically engineer a completely sterile human race so we can no longer afflict the planet.

No reproduction and the problems go away within one generation.

The True Green Agenda Goal.

Do you propose, then, the dismantling of the US Eastern Sea Board so it may be returned to pristine nature?

How many billions of people world wide does your plan execute in order to reach your goals?

Or are you only recommending that the US be crippled while the other 7 or so Billion other people on the planet continue to defile the globe?

What is your actual demand in this? All out global war to save the planet from the blight of man? Where does all of this go?

How will you feed the people of Manhattan if there is not fossil fuel to fuel the effort? Boston? Philly? DC?

How many must die to create the Utopia you envision?

I had no idea creating energy efficiency is actually the same as killing people. Billions of people executed? That's some serious nonsense buddy.

I had no idea creating energy efficiency is actually the same as killing people. Billions of people executed? That's some serious nonsense buddy.

Explain how feeding 7 billion people on the planet can occur without the use of Fossil Fuels.

The population of the planet before the use of fossil fuels was less than a billion.

Explain how feeding 7 billion people on the planet can occur without the use of Fossil Fuels.

The population of the planet before the use of fossil fuels was less than a billion.

I am sure you have not read the plan nor listened to anyone supporting it explain away your premise. Not a single person says fossil fuels will disappear unless an alternative makes more sense financially and ecologically. Stop this stuff, it prevents people from having mature discussions about truly important issues.

One can tell who a poster or person gets their information from by their comments. Farting cows were mentioned on Fox News recently as a menace to society. It usually takes less time for right wingers to repeat what they hear on right wing media, this story was a focus last week on one of these raging white party shows on Fox. You need to be quicker to the draw to keep up with your other mouth breathers.

Back
Top Bottom