• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Greatest Way to Screw the Working Poor.

Wrong. The jobs will move to a country where there are people that will work for the wages paid just as has occurred in many manufacturing sectors - just ask the union folks about that. Instead of importing vegetables from Central and South America during our winter months, as an example, we will import all our vegetables all year 'round. THAT, is called supply and demand.

That can be fixed too

That can be fixed too

Only by shutting down free trade via tariffs or socializing markets via wage and price controls or other such artificial market manipulations. None of which have ended very well when imposed in other countries.

I think that you are simply being sarcastic but the facts are that Americans don't want those jobs and are adequately supported by a variety of programs. They generally would be hurt financially if they took those jobs as they would lose benefits.

Camer☑n;1065744474 said:
I would be interested to see a comparison of the effect of "illegals" on jobs versus the effect of outsourcing to China. I have a feeling the effect of the latter dwarfs that of the former, since immigrants at least live and spend money in America, but admittedly that's just my suspicion.

what difference they both steal jobs from Americans.If there are 20 million liberal illegals here that is a *hit load of jobs and a tragedy for American workers.

As for your suspicions:

Report: America Lost 2.7 Million Jobs to China in 10 Years - US News
Page Not Found! years‎
Aug 24, 2012 ... From 2001 to 2011, America lost millions of jobs due in part to Chinese currency manipulation. ... There are roughly 5.1 million fewer American manufacturing jobs now than at the start of 2001. ... lost 2.7 million jobs as a result of the U.S.-China trade deficit between 2001 and 2011, 2.1 ...
​Walmart's China syndro

I think that you are simply being sarcastic but the facts are that Americans don't want those jobs and are adequately supported by a variety of programs. They generally would be hurt financially if they took those jobs as they would lose benefits.

is there a big difference between picking a tomato and screwing a bolt on a car? No! IF the liberal illegals were not here Americans could do those and jobs and the pay would be a lot better thanks to a reduced labor force and increased competition.

Wrong. The jobs will move to a country where there are people that will work for the wages paid just as has occurred in many manufacturing sectors - just ask the union folks about that.

Ask unions? American companies left or went bankrupt thanks to union creep thug extortionists making $100/hr but the jobs came back to non union states through foreign companies wherein workers make a more reasonable $20/hour. Make union thugs illegal again and millions more jobs would come back!!

No.

:shrug:
Ask unions? American companies left or went bankrupt thanks to union creep thug extortionists making $100/hr but the jobs came back to non union states through foreign companies wherein workers make a more reasonable $20/hour. Make union thugs illegal again and millions more jobs would come back!!

Back
Top Bottom