• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"the greatest threat to Western civilization today is not Russia" - DJT stated yesterday

Liberalism made your country great. In fact, liberalism made your country, period.
What liberalism? This country was made great by risk taking, individual wealth creation, neighbor helping neighbor, innovation, creativity and acceptance of personal responsibility. That isn't liberalism nor do I believe you know what it is
Every right and freedom you enjoy was won for you by liberals, every one. And they had to fight against conservative resistance every time.
All the best things about your society are the result of liberalism.
You're welcome
American History disagrees with you. We cannot debate liberalism without a set definition and examples. you offer your opinion without data and facts
I told you. He's probably accurate but like I said, people who quote raw numbers in a discussion of statistics are trying to slide something past you.
My individual finances don't slide by me nor do our state results. Why is it the left never posts data to support their opinions?

What liberalism? This country was made great by risk taking, individual wealth creation, neighbor helping neighbor, innovation, creativity and acceptance of personal responsibility. That isn't liberalism nor do I believe you know what it is
Of course it's liberalism. I thought you knew how to use a dictionary?
American History disagrees with you. We cannot debate liberalism without a set definition and examples. you offer your opinion without data and facts
Your country was founded based on liberalism. Your revolution was fought by liberals. The conservatives booked 'er to Nova Scotia. They were called Tories- still are in Canada and Britain

My individual finances don't slide by me nor do our state results. Why is it the left never posts data to support their opinions?
Your individual finances? What has that got to do with statistics?

He may be right that Russia is not the greatest threat to western civilization, i.e. US civilization.
The greatest threat is Trump, his MAGA crowd, and the far right.
Yup.
DJT has put out his dog whistle about expecting to be arrested this coming Tuesday. For folks to protest. With other indictments facing DJT this year, we'll probably see more illegal workings by his cult following to either disrupt a peaceful bringing him to justice on a given day, and, or most of all to create chaos inside our society. Yes, who knew that DJT when announcing that Russia wasn't the West's greatest threat was actually thinking about what his own plan is to bust apart a Western civilization. imo

I'd agree with China possibly presenting a long term threat to Western civilization but as far as current day US goes, our nearest and closest threat is internal. The Trump Party of some, or many, who have become a collective enemy of our state, in which they will attempt again to take full control of our nation after the next presidential election to further destroy our democracy and build their own Constitution. imo If in the event that the US eventually falls to anarchists, the threat to Western civilization will become actuallity.

Both Russia and China are external threats to Western civilization but there used to be a time, not long ago, when I'd say that the entire US would resist such threats. Russia has shined a light on just where many Trumplicans stand and it's not with those who stand up to Russian aggression.
The thing is that even if you're concerned about internal threats, China undoubtedly cultivates those as well; they do just about everything they can to weaken or otherwise undermine the US, and they have far more resources with which to do it than Russia. Moreover, they have, as a rule, been more active in engaging in subterfuge than Russia (and far successful when looking at the multi-trillion dollar value of say vital technologies stolen), with Avril D. Haines (director of national intelligence) having stated that The People's Republic of China remains an unparalleled priority for the intelligence community,

The thing is that even if you're concerned about internal threats, China undoubtedly cultivates those as well; they do just about everything they can to weaken or otherwise undermine the US, and they have far more resources with which to do it than Russia. Moreover, they have, as a rule, been more active in engaging in subterfuge than Russia (and far successful when looking at the multi-trillion dollar value of say vital technologies stolen), with Avril D. Haines (director of national intelligence) having stated that The People's Republic of China remains an unparalleled priority for the intelligence community,
In which case Russia will capitalize on those opportunities even more so than China will, imo. Russia has Fox News helping them with their propaganda. DJT and his devoted Congressional goons as well as his campaign party pushers doing their part to tear apart our democracy. Even here, I've noticed members who appear pro Putin-Russia doing their best to brainwash as many members as possible to not agree with the J6 Committee panel (including 2 Republicans) and the Biden Admin or the Dems for that matter. The 'Weaponizing of our Govt Agencies' the latest troubling smear. It's been a hard push to get behind one of our nation's most corrupt and dangerous former presidents to our democracy, DJT. This is Russia and their inside pal DJT v America. China is now a problem since DJT started a dang trade war with them putting us further at odds after China's S China Sea and Tiawan tensions w/the US prior, but Russia is now pushing buttons against Ukraine and NATO in which the Biden Admin supports. Our nation's internal problems are now our very neighbors and DJT's cult control over them. DJT, now running in the 2024 presidential election to escape having to serve time behind bars where he truly belongs.

Last edited:
In which case Russia will capitalize on those opportunities even more so than China will, imo. Russia has Fox News helping them with their propaganda. DJT and his devoted Congressional goons as well as his campaign party pushers doing their part to tear apart our democracy. Even here, I've noticed members who appear pro Putin-Russia doing their best to brainwash as many members as possible to not agree with the J6 Committee panel (including 2 Republicans) and the Biden Admin or the Dems for that matter. It's been a hard push to get behind one of our nation's most corrupt and dangerous to our democracy former presidents, DJT. This is Russia and their inside pal DJT v America. China is now a problem since DJT started a dang trade war with them putting us further at odds after China's S China Sea and Tiawan tensions w/the US prior, but Russia is now pushing buttons against Ukraine and NATO in which the Biden Admin supports. Our nation's internal problems are now our very neighbors and DJT's cult control over them.
To be clear, our intelligence agencies rightly consider China to be the greater threat; Russia may make more headlines, especially lately, but that doesn't obviate the greater danger posed by the CCP.

Moreover, we have China shills on this forum as well; they have not escaped my notice.

And China has been a problem for us, whether we acknowledged it or not, since we idiotically normalized trade with it under Nixon, and then later doubled down per Clinton which bankrolled the rise of the CCP and made them into a superpower; a conflict was inevitable. As a genocidal, brutal autocracy that seeks to export their baleful influence across the world, and that openly seeks to displace American and Western hegemony, their values are and have always been simply anathema to and incompatible with our own.

Of course it's liberalism. I thought you knew how to use a dictionary?
So dictionary definition is reality? Don't think so, Liberalism was neighbor helping neighbor with that neighbor not being a federal bureaucrat
Your country was founded based on liberalism. Your revolution was fought by liberals. The conservatives booked 'er to Nova Scotia. They were called Tories- still are in Canada and Britain
Ok, what happened to that country?
Your individual finances? What has that got to do with statistics?
My individual finances and yours are affected by federal tax policies and inflationary actions.

So dictionary definition is reality? Don't think so, Liberalism was neighbor helping neighbor with that neighbor not being a federal bureaucrat
Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on the rights of the individual, liberty, consent of the governed, political equality and equality before the law. Liberals espouse various views depending on their understanding of these principles. However, they generally support private property, market economies, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), liberal democracy, secularism, rule of law, economic and political freedom, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, and freedom of religion. Liberalism is frequently cited as the dominant ideology of modern history.

Please don't insult both of us by 'redefining' liberalism or bleating about 'modern liberals'. Anyone who doesn't hold liberal values isn't a liberal, doesn't matter what you, he or anyone else says
Ok, what happened to that country?
Your generation happened.
My individual finances and yours are affected by federal tax policies and inflationary actions.
Gawd, you do love your little quibbles, don't you.

Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on the rights of the individual, liberty, consent of the governed, political equality and equality before the law. Liberals espouse various views depending on their understanding of these principles. However, they generally support private property, market economies, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), liberal democracy, secularism, rule of law, economic and political freedom, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, and freedom of religion. Liberalism is frequently cited as the dominant ideology of modern history.

Please don't insult both of us by 'redefining' liberalism or bleating about 'modern liberals'. Anyone who doesn't hold liberal values isn't a liberal, doesn't matter what you, he or anyone else says

Your generation happened.

Gawd, you do love your little quibbles, don't you.
I don't see anything in that definition that justifies massive gov't spending on social issues that the bureaucrats deem as necessary. Neighbor helping neighbor isn't a bureaucrat spending money on their own administrative expenses then spending it on whatever they want. There is no accountability on the part of a gov't employee

Why does anyone post dictionary definitions that have nothing to do with the problems faced today. You want true results let the people keep more of what they earn to help their neighbors

I don't see anything in that definition that justifies massive gov't spending on social issues that the bureaucrats deem as necessary. Neighbor helping neighbor isn't a bureaucrat spending money on their own administrative expenses then spending it on whatever they want. There is no accountability on the part of a gov't employee
Then none of that is liberalism, is it. Simple.
Just because you call everything you don't like about society and government 'liberal' doesn't make it so. Just illustrates that you don't know what the word means.
Why does anyone post dictionary definitions that have nothing to do with the problems faced today. You want true results let the people keep more of what they earn to help their neighbors
Definitions are how we know we're speaking the same language. As a liberal I told you that I don't like that my government got involved in the oil business and in nearly the next post you told me that I want a big government that gives me what I want. Clearly, you didn't know what 'liberal' means. I hope I was able to help.
Help your neighbours? I thought Americans were more concerned with arming themselves against their neighbours.

Then none of that is liberalism, is it. Simple.
Just because you call everything you don't like about society and government 'liberal' doesn't make it so. Just illustrates that you don't know what the word means.
Results matter and when you take power away from neighbor helping neighbor you put gov't bureaucrats in charge giving them the power and that leads to corruption
Definitions are how we know we're speaking the same language. As a liberal I told you that I don't like that my government got involved in the oil business and in nearly the next post you told me that I want a big government that gives me what I want. Clearly, you didn't know what 'liberal' means. I hope I was able to help.
Help your neighbours? I thought Americans were more concerned with arming themselves against their neighbours.
Sorry but your version of liberalism doesn't exist, you may mean well but you have indeed given power to the gov't without even knowing it. Rhetoric sells and when someone tells you that they will take care of your personal responsibility issues you better take warning as there is a cost to that. What you cannot seem to grasp is people in control of their own finances provides better care and help to those in need vs a bureaucrat in the Capitol. Accountability is the issue that you still want to ignore

Results matter and when you take power away from neighbor helping neighbor you put gov't bureaucrats in charge giving them the power and that leads to corruption
And what has that got to do with me or liberalism?
Sorry but your version of liberalism doesn't exist, you may mean well but you have indeed given power to the gov't without even knowing it. Rhetoric sells and when someone tells you that they will take care of your personal responsibility issues you better take warning as there is a cost to that. What you cannot seem to grasp is people in control of their own finances provides better care and help to those in need vs a bureaucrat in the Capitol. Accountability is the issue that you still want to ignore
Where are you getting this crap from? It's not 'my version' and of course it exists. Me and millions like me are here, aren't we? There might not be many liberals in your life but that doesn't mean we don't exist.
We're just more scarce than we used to be.
What I can't seem to grasp? Issue that I still ignore? You're just making up shit. Once again, you're not talking to me, you're talking to Lib.

And what has that got to do with me or liberalism?

Where are you getting this crap from? It's not 'my version' and of course it exists. Me and millions like me are here, aren't we? There might not be many liberals in your life but that doesn't mean we don't exist.
We're just more scarce than we used to be.
What I can't seem to grasp? Issue that I still ignore? You're just making up shit. Once again, you're not talking to me, you're talking to Lib.
So who solves those social problems that are important to you

China loves the Republicans. It's now stepped in and brokered a peace deal in our place because nobody trusts us now after Trump, and the right have told them we suck.
Your post has to be the most idiotically moronic bullshit that's ever been written. There is no peace deal that the Biden admin is even attempting to broker. Further, Biden's the one that is compromised by China, who is actually the biggest external threat to the US.

In the UK we just had the Budget and defence is getting a spending boost.
It's going to 2.25% now with a promise to go to 2.5% in about 5 years.

The UK has just signed a couple of huge defence contracts with AUKUS subs (with the US and Australia) and the Tempest Jet with Japan and Italy.
A few years ago the UK also signed a huge contract with Canada and Australia for the Global Combat Ship.

Not bad at all really.

Trump never said the United States of America as there are a lot of good people in this country, most on the left don't qualify as good Americans
These people here are not on the left. You need man up and own your own side.

1679186135519.jpeg

Your post has to be the most idiotically moronic bullshit that's ever been written. There is no peace deal that the Biden admin is even attempting to broker. Further, Biden's the one that is compromised by China, who is actually the biggest external threat to the US.
I'm moronic? But you don't know about any peace deals our president has brokered since he took office. Got it. Well, FYI............

China just brokered a peace deal with the Saudi's and Iran with their style of what the Middle East should look like, not ours. It's the beginning of your dream world. China will now be involved in foreign relations and we can just concentrate on our home land.

I really thought you'd be happier to hear this. Isn't this what Republicans are dreaming of? We're off the hook. I mean, it's all over Fox.

Straight from Fox News.

US ‘asleep at the wheel’ while China brokers peace in Middle East: KT McFarland​

Former Deputy National Security Advisor and American Conservative Union board member K.T. McFarland says China could negotiate peace deals in the ‘most important’ parts of the world while the U.S. loses influence.

To be clear, our intelligence agencies rightly consider China to be the greater threat; Russia may make more headlines, especially lately, but that doesn't obviate the greater danger posed by the CCP.
I've recognized China and Russia as both being external threats to the West. May as well add N Korea to that list also. The US has a increasing problem with domestic terrorism and that's due to DJT's and his cult like MAGA Critter's constant rhetoric keeping militia types energized and that is still front and center an ongoing threat inside our borders.

Hell, Putin's invasion in Ukraine has caused additional huge problems with our global markets post COVID - driving costs of goods to skyrocket worldwide. I don't recall DJT bringing up that fact. Putin has done DJT a favor by doing what he did when he did it by blaming the current administration. So, of course DJT won't bring it up that Russia has done their part with being a threat to Western civilization today.

And China has been a problem for us, whether we acknowledged it or not, since we idiotically normalized trade with it under Nixon, and then later doubled down per Clinton which bankrolled the rise of the CCP and made them into a superpower; a conflict was inevitable.
Before Bill Clinton was the huge groundwork laid by GHW Bush that pushed for WTO and increased trade relations with China. It's true that Nixon kick started this ballooning situation and like most everything else that signaled problems for the US many decades ago, it's the ole coming trainwreck business as usual scenario.

I'm moronic? But you don't know about any peace deals our president has brokered since he took office. Got it. Well, FYI............

China just brokered a peace deal with the Saudi's and Iran with their style of what the Middle East should look like, not ours. It's the beginning of your dream world. China will now be involved in foreign relations and we can just concentrate on our home land.

I really thought you'd be happier to hear this. Isn't this what Republicans are dreaming of? We're off the hook. I mean, it's all over Fox.

Straight from Fox News.

US ‘asleep at the wheel’ while China brokers peace in Middle East: KT McFarland​

Former Deputy National Security Advisor and American Conservative Union board member K.T. McFarland says China could negotiate peace deals in the ‘most important’ parts of the world while the U.S. loses influence.
So you went from one moronic post to another? I specifically talked about the "Biden admin" not having any plans to broker a peace deal. China has slid into the void left by this current admin, not from anything related to Trump. Your "US 'asleep at the wheel'" is talking about Biden.

So you went from one moronic post to another? I specifically talked about the "Biden admin" not having any plans to broker a peace deal. China has slid into the void left by this current admin, not from anything related to Trump. Your "US 'asleep at the wheel'" is talking about Biden.
MAGA's peak age is 5. You've convinced me of this.

In each of the 16 publics surveyed, more than six-in-ten say they have confidence in Biden to do the right thing in world affairs. Looking at 12 nations surveyed both this year and in 2020, a median of 75% express confidence in Biden, compared with 17% for Trump last year.https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2021/06/10/americas-image-abroad-rebounds-with-transition-from-trump-to-biden/

Biden has been having issues with trust because these countries worry that Trump will make a return in a few years and all that work will be a big fat waste of ****ing time. This isn't a secret. It's all over the news monthly. He doesn't do the "foreign thing" well. China used his stupidity to their advantage.

Trust takes time to rebuild. Jesus MAGA's are like talking to a brick wall with shit on it. Ugly and smelly. It's not even worth the debate.

These people here are not on the left. You need man up and own your own side.

View attachment 67441329
No, they aren't, they are idiots and most were punished, the point stands, this riot doesn't trump the riots throughout the nation in blue cities and were much more harmful and costly. Neither were justified. Trump did not support these riots unless "peaceful and patriotic" mean something different to you?

You claim to be a liberal, you tell us what you want as a liberal, now tell me who funds those programs
Still with the hoops, huh?
Still ain't jumping through.

Back
Top Bottom