• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"the greatest threat to Western civilization today is not Russia" - DJT stated yesterday

How many times do I have to post proof of that? Absolutely stunning your loyalty out of ignorance

In 2014 all NATO countries agreed to contribute 2% of their GDP to NATO. This preceded the Orange assholes whining by 5 years. 10 of the members states achieved this level by 2021.

That's not money paid to NATO, bud. You don't know what you're talking about.
Want it explained to you? Just ask.
Ironic that con wants to brag about the Orange Asshole whining about member states not contributing enough.....in a thread about the Orange Asshole stating Russia is no threat.

Which term doesn't apply to Trump? Immoral, fraudulent, or con man? They've all been proven.
I have just as much standing in your country as you. More, maybe.
Not sure you have a lot of room here to discuss political leadership as you seem to have your own set of problems, why does OUR President or in this case former President bother you so much when you have your own set of problems?

That's not money paid to NATO, bud. You don't know what you're talking about.
Want it explained to you? Just ask.
What it explains is that NATO became stronger under Trump and foreign countries likes your paid their fair share. that was in response to another poster who claimed Trump hurt the US, as if that matters, internationally

He's half right; realistically, it's the Chinese Communist Party that is the single greatest long term threat to Western civilization as we presently know it.
I'd agree with China possibly presenting a long term threat to Western civilization but as far as current day US goes, our nearest and closest threat is internal. The Trump Party of some, or many, who have become a collective enemy of our state, in which they will attempt again to take full control of our nation after the next presidential election to further destroy our democracy and build their own Constitution. imo If in the event that the US eventually falls to anarchists, the threat to Western civilization will become actuallity.

Both Russia and China are external threats to Western civilization but there used to be a time, not long ago, when I'd say that the entire US would resist such threats. Russia has shined a light on just where many Trumplicans stand and it's not with those who stand up to Russian aggression.

Didn't see Trump there
The biggest cheerleader was hard to miss at the Ellipse only to then be whisked away by his SS against his demands for them to take him to his storming supporters at the Capitol.

Not sure you have a lot of room here to discuss political leadership as you seem to have your own set of problems, why does OUR President or in this case former President bother you so much when you have your own set of problems?
I don't like Trudeau. As a liberal I have nobody to vote for until he's replaced. But I really can't stand Trump. Seriously dislike that asshole, and seriously deplore what he has done to your country. His whole political schtick was keeping his supporters, like you, as angry as possible for as long as possible and he's personally responsible for the depth of the divisiveness in your society.
It might take a generation to heal from his six or seven years on the political stage.

I don't like Trudeau. As a liberal I have nobody to vote for until he's replaced. But I really can't stand Trump. Seriously dislike that asshole, and seriously deplore what he has done to your country. His whole political schtick was keeping his supporters, like you, as angry as possible for as long as possible and he's personally responsible for the depth of the divisiveness in your society.
It might take a generation to heal from his six or seven years on the political stage.
Can you explain to me exactly why you are a liberal and what policies and results have made life better for the people liberals claim they support? Seriously disliking someone that you cannot even vote again seems like a waste of time and effort to me. What you cannot seem to grasp is supporters don't have to like the person to vote for policies and that is what happened with Trump. You put way too much emphasis on personality and rhetoric ignoring policies and results.

What it explains is that NATO became stronger under Trump and foreign countries likes your paid their fair share. that was in response to another poster who claimed Trump hurt the US, as if that matters, internationally
Which country increased their defense spending during Trump? That's what it's about, NATO members are supposed to spend 2% of GDP on defense and only the US does. 3.something%, I think.
If the US closed those dozens of overseas facilities that have nothing to do with NATO and brought everyone home (tens of thousands on Okinawa alone) and stopped treating defense spending as a corporate welfare scheme for the mic, your defense budget would drop dramatically.

Which country increased their defense spending during Trump? That's what it's about, NATO members are supposed to spend 2% of GDP on defense and only the US does. 3.something%, I think.
If the US closed those dozens of overseas facilities that have nothing to do with NATO and brought everyone home (tens of thousands on Okinawa alone) and stopped treating defense spending as a corporate welfare scheme for the mic, your defense budget would drop dramatically.
I posted the quote from the Secretary General of NATO, you have a problem with his quote, call him

Can you explain to me exactly why you are a liberal and what policies and results have made life better for the people liberals claim they support?
Why on earth would I do that?
Seriously disliking someone that you cannot even vote again seems like a waste of time and effort to me. What you cannot seem to grasp is supporters don't have to like the person to vote for policies and that is what happened with Trump. You put way too much emphasis on personality and rhetoric ignoring policies and results.
You don't know anything about my political emphases. You're not talking to me here, you're talking to Lib, that cartoon character that rightists created and endowed with a whole list of characteristics, stuff that really pisses them off but has nothing to do with liberalism.

Why on earth would I do that?
because that seems to be the most important thing for you yet you cannot explain it
You don't know anything about my political emphases. You're not talking to me here, you're talking to Lib, that cartoon character that rightists created and endowed with a whole list of characteristics, stuff that really pisses them off but has nothing to do with liberalism.
Trying to understand what liberalism means to you and you cannot seem to define it. You live in a liberal country so what is it that Canada ISN'T doing that you want as a LIBERAL?

He may be right that Russia is not the greatest threat to western civilization, i.e. US civilization.
The greatest threat is Trump, his MAGA crowd, and the far right.

I posted the quote from the Secretary General of NATO, you have a problem with his quote, call him

$100B more on defense spending means an average increase of $3.3B. probably much less if the increase in the US defense budget is taken out of the equation.

$100B more on defense spending means an average increase of $3.3B. probably much less if the increase in the US defense budget is taken out of the equation.

Did NATO countries increase defense spending under Trump per the Secretary General?

because that seems to be the most important thing for you yet you cannot explain it
Not can't, won't. I don't have the time or inclination to jump through your hoops.
Trying to understand what liberalism means to you and you cannot seem to define it.
Define it? You know how dictionaries work, right?
You live in a liberal country so what is it that Canada ISN'T doing that you want as a LIBERAL?
Okay. Trudeau promised electoral system reform years ago and didn't deliver. He promised heavy subsidies for child care and didn't deliver. And he bought a bloody pipeline.

Did NATO countries increase defense spending under Trump per the Secretary General?
An average of $3.3B. That's probably just ordinary inflation over 4 years.
For some reason that guy is campaigning for Trump. If he was lauding Biden you'd be up on your hind legs howling about interference but since he's praising your Dear Leader you're all for him.

Not can't, won't. I don't have the time or inclination to jump through your hoops.
Then your convictions aren't as strong as they should be
Define it? You know how dictionaries work, right?
Yes and I know how politics work. I know that Canada is more liberal than the US but not liberal enough for you yet you cannot explain what Canada could do to become more liberal
Okay. Trudeau promised electoral system reform years ago and didn't deliver. He promised heavy subsidies for child care and didn't deliver. And he bought a bloody pipeline.
What kind of electoral reform? Subsidies for childcare meaning what? What are the subsidies now and is that national or province responsibility?

Bloody pipeline? Do you operate on gasoline powered vehicles? how should the product get to the refineries?

An average of $3.3B. That's probably just ordinary inflation over 4 years.
For some reason that guy is campaigning for Trump. If he was lauding Biden you'd be up on your hind legs howling about interference but since he's praising your Dear Leader you're all for him.
I doubt seriously that his comments were a campaign issue for Trump. The point remains, NATO funding was increased under Trump and it goes well beyond inflation

I doubt seriously that his comments were a campaign issue for Trump. The point remains, NATO funding was increased under Trump and it goes well beyond inflation
1679157795601.png
Then your convictions aren't as strong as they should be
Yeah right.
Yes and I know how politics work. I know that Canada is more liberal than the US but not liberal enough for you yet you cannot explain what Canada could do to become more liberal
The federal government leans a little too far left for this liberal.
What kind of electoral reform?
It's too bloody complicated to get into here. Suffice it to say that with multiple political parties active and viable a Member of Parliament can be elected by too small a percentage of voters
Subsidies for childcare meaning what? What are the subsidies now and is that national or province responsibility?
Child care needs to be subsidized for low-income Canadians, to the point of being free for some. The whole society suffers if a single mother, say, can't afford to get off welfare because child care cost would eat up too much of her cheque.
Bloody pipeline? Do you operate on gasoline powered vehicles? how should the product get to the refineries?
Through a bloody pipeline, of course. Anyone who is against pipelines needs to Google "Lac Megantic". But the government has no business participating in the process. You might approve of the government owning a pipeline, being conservative and confused about your ideological principles, but being a liberal I say the government has no business being in business.

View attachment 67441257

Yeah right.

The federal government leans a little too far left for this liberal.

It's too bloody complicated to get into here. Suffice it to say that with multiple political parties active and viable a Member of Parliament can be elected by too small a percentage of voters

Child care needs to be subsidized for low-income Canadians, to the point of being free for some. The whole society suffers if a single mother, say, can't afford to get off welfare because child care cost would eat up too much of her cheque.

Through a bloody pipeline, of course. Anyone who is against pipelines needs to Google "Lac Megantic". But the government has no business participating in the process. You might approve of the government owning a pipeline, being conservative and confused about your ideological principles, but being a liberal I say the government has no business being in business.
Seems you want a strong, big central gov't that provides you what you want, what happens when they take away what you want?

I asked you a question about NATO and you post a chart showing NATO funding increasing just like the Secretary General Said thanks to Trump

Seems you want a strong, big central gov't that provides you what you want, what happens when they take away what you want?
No it doesn't seem that way. Not at all. That's just you talking to Lib again and ignoring what I say.
I asked you a question about NATO and you post a chart showing NATO funding increasing just like the Secretary General Said thanks to Trump
Look at the chart. The dark blue is the increases since 2014. 8 years.
Now look at the far right, percentages of GDP's. Trump had no effect on the whole subject, defense spending as a targeted 2% of GDP. Playing with raw numbers in a discussion about statistics is how people try to slide something past your notice. For some reason this guy wants to help Trumps campaign.

No it doesn't seem that way. Not at all. That's just you talking to Lib again and ignoring what I say.
It is easy ignoring what liberals say as the results don't support the rhetoric
Look at the chart. The dark blue is the increases since 2014. 8 years.
Tell that to the Secretary General of NATO
Now look at the far right, percentages of GDP's. Trump had no effect on the whole subject, defense spending as a targeted 2% of GDP. Playing with raw numbers in a discussion about statistics is how people try to slide something past your notice. For some reason this guy wants to help Trumps campaign.
Again, I quoted what the Secretary General stated, since words seem to matter, why don't his?

It is easy ignoring what liberals say as the results don't support the rhetoric
Liberalism made your country great. In fact, liberalism made your country, period.
Every right and freedom you enjoy was won for you by liberals, every one. And they had to fight against conservative resistance every time.
All the best things about your society are the result of liberalism.
You're welcome
Tell that to the Secretary General of NATO

Again, I quoted what the Secretary General stated, since words seem to matter, why don't his?
I told you. He's probably accurate but like I said, people who quote raw numbers in a discussion of statistics are trying to slide something past you.

Back
Top Bottom